Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Congrats on this harvests GDB! Sorry about the bugs. Fighting some myself. Such is life sometimes.

Hey Dust. If you can spare the time and space, I would recommend trying a staggered harvest. Maybe you prefer the plant to go to full maturity and deliver a different ratio of terpenes. My couchlock effect may be a creative energy for you. Know what I mean? I'm no expert. Only a few grows in but my experiment on an outdoor GSC plant provided me with some insight.

I think we harvest our plants too early. But with a caveat. GDB knows exactly why he's harvesting early. It is the effect he's going for. That mix of early terpenes that all together give him what he wants. Maybe you like something different?!

I staggered 4 harvests off one plant with each having a slightly different terp profile. The last harvest being roughly 3 weeks past the "mature" window. It was a punch to my face and body. The

I definitely want to get some purple plants in my garden at some point! I hope you get some soon dude.

Hey now! I have a few seeds from a previous sponsor here. Curios if yours may be from the same new 420 guy mine are from?
Well I have no clue about my galeto girls but yeah I'm going to stagger the harvest weeks apart. And let some more mature for sure. I topped one so it will be behind the others. Already. But wasn't going to top anymore was going to lst one or two and let one grow naturally. And see how they do like that. Least that was the plan. But looking for easier better ways to do things always

Purplest plant I ever grew was a Blackberry Auto. From soil to the top bud, purple by the end of flower. The breeder specializes in getting Buds Fast.
It was a Blackberry auto from that breeder that sent me down this path! @Carcass had this one back in September that blew me away and got me craving something purple in my garden.

I've only grown a purple plant once before, in April 2020. It was a Purple Lemonade that produced some primo smoke!
P1030025.JPG

GDB you or stoneotter might know this. I asked him already. Haven't heard from him yet.. ok I was watching Belushi farms show and while in veg before flowering stage. They cut all the tops off them. Like purning a bush . Then put them in flowering . All the nug were same size. All of them you seen that before
I have not seen that done. So what happened with those plants?

I have not seen that done. So what happened with those plants?
From re watching it rewatch in going wtf I think I know why they did it. Tops always grows first and the topped them before flowering to lower sections will catch up to the top making them all even. Like we do LST but pretty much prune them before flowering. They said on show got 7 pounds per plant. And all nugs were same size from top to bottom. Kind liked it but never seen that. Even watching it was say wtf you doing why u topping it now.

Thanks for taking the time to look it up.

I had guessed about 100 days for the weird one so I'm probably not that far off.
I keep popping auto seeds that are supposed to go 65-70 days. In my tents, 105 days or so… I keep thinking it’s the low temps (66 degrees) I have to endure. My wife has a headlock on the thermostat. But she doesn’t mind the house smelling dank all the time, so I deal with slower plants.

I keep popping auto seeds that are supposed to go 65-70 days. In my tents, 105 days or so… I keep thinking it’s the low temps (66 degrees) I have to endure. My wife has a headlock on the thermostat. But she doesn’t mind the house smelling dank all the time, so I deal with slower plants.
Yes my previous grow the temp was lower and they took over 100 days. Noww I have the temp between 75 and 85. RH at 65-70%. They are growing faster then the previous ones a couple years ago.

Well I have no clue about my galeto girls but yeah I'm going to stagger the harvest weeks apart. And let some more mature for sure. I topped one so it will be behind the others. Already. But wasn't going to top anymore was going to lst one or two and let one grow naturally. And see how they do like that. Least that was the plan. But looking for easier better ways to do things always
GWS. Gardening While Stoned. Makes you change the plan all the time. I’ve been there.I’m not topping these! Then I did anyway…

From re watching it rewatch in going wtf I think I know why they did it. Tops always grows first and the topped them before flowering to lower sections will catch up to the top making them all even. Like we do LST but pretty much prune them before flowering. They said on show got 7 pounds per plant. And all nugs were same size from top to bottom. Kind liked it but never seen that. Even watching it was say wtf you doing why u topping it now.
LMAO. I've seen a lot of WTF stuff done here on 420. A lot of times it's been WTF one day and then by the next month I'm doing the same WTF thing! :laughtwo:

Wow very nice autos man. I am a week into growing 3 myself. Hope I can get them to look that good. Great job!
Thanks so much @Cplchris! Wishing you grow success.

And thanks for stopping by!

LMAO. I've seen a lot of WTF stuff done here on 420. A lot of times it's been WTF one day and then by the next month I'm doing the same WTF thing! :laughtwo:
Don't say that I'll go out there and trim mine now. It's only 8-9 days into flowering. Make me get her naked now. Lmao

You're a good husband, @DeeBoy, making such a huge sacrifice for the Mrs.! :laughtwo:

Yes my previous grow the temp was lower and they took over 100 days. Noww I have the temp between 75 and 85. RH at 65-70%. They are growing faster then the previous ones a couple years ago.
So do you still grow some that take 100+ days? I'll bet I know the answer! ;)

GWS. Gardening While Stoned. Makes you change the plan all the time. I’ve been there.I’m not topping these! Then I did anyway…
Ha!

GWS! One of the benefits of the hobby! :ganjamon:

So do you still grow some that take 100+ days? I'll bet I know the answer! ;)
Hey Grand Daddy Black, this is only my second grow. The first was 2 white widows from CkS. They grew quite large and I ended up with like 8 mason jars full of bud. I get all my bud for free from the gov so this is just for fun and to give away to my buddies . I find it relaxing and therapeutic.

Hello growers.

For those football fans out there, what can I say? Buffalo and Kansas City was one awesome, stupendous, fun game to watch! :slide:

Here's a pic of the ARC clone on Flip 32. She's only getting @GeoFlora Nutrients Bloom (+ SNS 209 watered in for the bugs).

I'm seeing some unexpected yellowing starting on a few lower leaves. I'll give her some epsom salts tomorrow.

ARC clone 1-23-22 Flip 32.jpg

As always, thank you for your interest.

Peace.

She looks better every day!

Back
Top Bottom