Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hello growsters.

Today I have a look into the Auto Show on Day 69.

Some of these have to be getting close, the 2 Smoothies in particular. I'll need to start checking their trichs soon. But for now, all are still drinking plenty with the exception of the Black Cream. I don't believe "being close to done" has anything to do with her not drinking much. I just think she has a small root mass.

And the weird Purple continues to evolve, weirdly, She has become a mass of pistils. They're all over the plant! She remains the thirstiest of the bunch.

Yesterday, all got their first feed of MC @5.25g (up from 5g).
Auto Show 1-21-22 Day 69 labels.jpg

I feel like I'm getting close to being able to start the next grow for this tent, the Bubblegum Machine. But I know the weird Purple will still be around after all the others are done and gone. The big question for me is how long will she take!

Thanks for your interest.

Peace.
GDB, question. Since you touched on something . You said close being done. For the none professional like myself. You talking ambers correct. How much are you looking for. 30% or what percentage .

GDB, question. Since you touched on something . You said close being done. For the none professional like myself. You talking ambers correct. How much are you looking for. 30% or what percentage .
Well, here's my answer, Dust-- from one non-professional to another!

My primary target is no clear trichs. I usually look for some amber, but I can't really put a percentage on it. If I am able to (translated: "if my plants aren't being overwhelmed by mites"), I have let some indicas go to nearly 50% amber. For sativas I just want all the clears gone.

I should say too that if the plants are still drinking a lot, I don't care what the trichs say. I'll let them keep going. (But again, that depends on whether there is a bug issue.)

If it hasn't become clear to you from reading this, I've had quite a few bug issues! :Rasta:

Congrats on the harvests GDB! Looks like a good haul. Curious about that OG smoke report, when she’s done of course. :thumb:
Thanks, Heavenly.

I'm curious about the OG as well. I'm going to infuse most of it but I've got about a quarter ounce drying in a paper lunch bag that I plan to puff on. :ganjamon: I'll report on the results...in time.

(Note to self: Catch up on your smoke reports!)

Well, here's my answer, Dust-- from one non-professional to another!

My primary target is no clear trichs. I usually look for some amber, but I can't really put a percentage on it. If I am able to (translated: "if my plants aren't being overwhelmed by mites"), I have let some indicas go to nearly 50% amber. For sativas I just want all the clears gone.

I should say too that if the plants are still drinking a lot, I don't care what the trichs say. I'll let them keep going. (But again, that depends on whether there is a bug issue.)

If it hasn't become clear to you from reading this, I've had quite a few bug issues! :Rasta:
I can go with that. Now not sure about these times being I'm old guy. And used to grow while back before my little break few years. But brings up a memory. Used to we would look for 30-50 precent ambers to judge that reason I ask. I always thought once it gets to this marks or a certain mark. Starts taken away from the plant.. is that not case now. Cause these plants are way different now than years ago with old strains. Alot more levels and such. Cause back then once it hits a point it usually stopped with old strains that is. Least I used to think that

I can go with that. Now not sure about these times being I'm old guy. And used to grow while back before my little break few years. But brings up a memory. Used to we would look for 39-50 precent ambers to judge that reason I ask. I always thought once it gets to this marks or a certain mark. Starts taken away from the plant.. is that not case now. Cause these plants are way different now than years ago with old strains. Alot more levels and such. Cause back then once it hits a point it usually stopped with old strains that is. Least I used to think that
Strains may have gotten a little more potent since you last grew, Dust. But I'm thinking that's all that has changed about them. The cues you used in order to determine when to take down your old grows are likely still valid today.

I'd say go with what you remember.

Hell, if you're at all like me, you're doing well to remember anything! :laughtwo:

Strains may have gotten a little more potent since you last grew, Dust. But I'm thinking that's all that has changed about them. The cues you used in order to determine when to take down your old grows are likely still valid today.

I'd say go with what you remember.

Hell, if you're at all like me, you're doing well to remember anything! :laughtwo:
But I want be up with times bro. No need to do old way and new way is better. Lmao. We love being comatose

And yeah I can't remember crap. Why I'm asking questions on few post I see

Hello grow pros.

I don't have anything substantial to report about my grows. Everything is progressing at a weed's pace! :Rasta:

I'm really into the weird Purple on Day 70. I took her out of the Auto Show tent in an attempt to get a good pic of the mass of pistils she has developed. They're from bottom to top, on every branch: white hairs! On a few of the branches they're sort of doubled-up (or tripled-up) masses of pistils forming what appears to be multi-headed buds.
weird Purple 1-22-22 Day 70.JPG

I'm so pumped about this because of her very shaky beginning.

At one point I thought she was doomed and now she's the come-back kid! :yahoo:

And lastly, this plant is named "Purple." So I imagine there's an outside chance that at some point she may live up to that name. Getting some purple flowers was the intent of this grow from the beginning but so far it ain't happening.

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace.

Getting some purple flowers was the intent of this grow from the beginning but so far it ain't happening.
Purple or not, she's a beauty- gonna be a big yielder!
Definitely reminds me of the Low Ryder#2 that I grew a few years back- 9" plant, but produced 3oz. dry-like your Purple, she was nothin' but buds...
418193.JPG

Purple or not, she's a beauty- gonna be a big yielder!
Definitely reminds me of the Low Ryder#2 that I grew a few years back- 9" plant, but produced 3oz. dry-like your Purple, she was nothin' but buds...
418193.JPG
I wouldn't complain about that kind of finish, Carcass! Do you recall how long she took to get there?

Took a minute to find it, but that one went 99 days, flowered for 73...
She was my second auto ever- the first one was a LowRyder#1, and it was pretty much a dud ..

Took a minute to find it, but that one went 99 days, flowered for 73...
She was my second auto ever- the first one was a LowRyder#1, and it was pretty much a dud ..
Thanks for taking the time to look it up.

I had guessed about 100 days for the weird one so I'm probably not that far off.

Is your Purple an Auto, GDB? My Purple was and like Carcass', lots of great buds:

Purple Auto - 31-Aug-21.jpeg

Mine went 82 days with 52 days being in flower. :battingeyelashes:

Is your Purple an Auto, GDB? My Purple was and like Carcass', lots of great buds:

Purple Auto - 31-Aug-21.jpeg

Mine went 82 days with 52 days being in flower. :battingeyelashes:
Nice plant, HG, and purple too!

Yes, mine is an auto on day 70 when that last pic was posted.

Congrats on this harvests GDB! Sorry about the bugs. Fighting some myself. Such is life sometimes.

But I want be up with times bro. No need to do old way and new way is better. Lmao. We love being comatose

And yeah I can't remember crap. Why I'm asking questions on few post I see
Hey Dust. If you can spare the time and space, I would recommend trying a staggered harvest. Maybe you prefer the plant to go to full maturity and deliver a different ratio of terpenes. My couchlock effect may be a creative energy for you. Know what I mean? I'm no expert. Only a few grows in but my experiment on an outdoor GSC plant provided me with some insight.

I think we harvest our plants too early. But with a caveat. GDB knows exactly why he's harvesting early. It is the effect he's going for. That mix of early terpenes that all together give him what he wants. Maybe you like something different?!

I staggered 4 harvests off one plant with each having a slightly different terp profile. The last harvest being roughly 3 weeks past the "mature" window. It was a punch to my face and body. The

Getting some purple flowers was the intent of this grow from the beginning but so far it ain't happening.
I definitely want to get some purple plants in my garden at some point! I hope you get some soon dude.
Definitely reminds me of the Low Ryder#2 that I grew a few years back
Hey now! I have a few seeds from a previous sponsor here. Curios if yours may be from the same new 420 guy mine are from?

Hello grow pros.

I don't have anything substantial to report about my grows. Everything is progressing at a weed's pace! :Rasta:

I'm really into the weird Purple on Day 70. I took her out of the Auto Show tent in an attempt to get a good pic of the mass of pistils she has developed. They're from bottom to top, on every branch: white hairs! On a few of the branches they're sort of doubled-up (or tripled-up) masses of pistils forming what appears to be multi-headed buds.
weird Purple 1-22-22 Day 70.JPG

I'm so pumped about this because of her very shaky beginning.

At one point I thought she was doomed and now she's the come-back kid! :yahoo:

And lastly, this plant is named "Purple." So I imagine there's an outside chance that at some point she may live up to that name. Getting some purple flowers was the intent of this grow from the beginning but so far it ain't happening.

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace.
She’s gonna be spikey! I love the ones that make a come back!

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace.
Purplest plant I ever grew was a Blackberry Auto. From soil to the top bud, purple by the end of flower. The breeder specializes in getting Buds Fast.

GDB you or stoneotter might know this. I asked him already. Haven't heard from him yet.. ok I was watching Belushi farms show and while in veg before flowering stage. They cut all the tops off them. Like purning a bush . Then put them in flowering . All the nug were same size. All of them you seen that before

She’s gonna be spikey! I love the ones that make a come back!
It is a nice feeling watching one go from struggling to thriving! Just not the most comforting way to grow. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom