Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Sooo close! Good discussion already this morning. First notification and this is what I find.

I don't think I've ever checked the lower buds when I check trichomes, always just the top buds- I'm going to have to start checking both...
I'm with you Carcass. So last year, I took 4 harvests off my outdoor GSC. I wanted to test out the varying levels of plant maturity and amber trichs. My lower buds did seem to be maturing at a faster rate. That was my observation. My first harvests were from the lower areas, larf, etc. The effects or potency did not seem to make much of a difference...at least to me. Maybe all states of stonedness make me feel better?!

So in conclusion, my experiment on harvest window resulted in...still stoned results. Did that help at all?! No? Well, let's grow some more plants and try again. I suck at the procedural stuff when it comes to my thoughts and ideas. I go down the road of science and end up just stoned at the end. So technically, it was a success.

Sooo close! Good discussion already this morning. First notification and this is what I find.

I'm with you Carcass. So last year, I took 4 harvests off my outdoor GSC. I wanted to test out the varying levels of plant maturity and amber trichs. My lower buds did seem to be maturing at a faster rate. That was my observation. My first harvests were from the lower areas, larf, etc. The effects or potency did not seem to make much of a difference...at least to me. Maybe all states of stonedness make me feel better?!

So in conclusion, my experiment on harvest window resulted in...still stoned results. Did that help at all?! No? Well, let's grow some more plants and try again. I suck at the procedural stuff when it comes to my thoughts and ideas. I go down the road of science and end up just stoned at the end. So technically, it was a success.
Sometimes if I had a large plant to chop I'd get lazy and only take upper buds and get the remainder over the next few days. Now I'm thinking I should have been doing it the other way around by taking the bottom stuff first and leaving the tops for last. :Rasta:

Good info . Have to put that in my file cabinet in my brain.

Question. If ambers on bottom is not like you want it. Can't you just top it and let bottoms become top and let them get ambers you want..
If that makes since..
Sure you can. However, we've been discussing how the lower stuff sometimes might get amber before the top stuff. But, yeah, if the top is done and the bottom is not there yet you can chop the top and let the bottom continue to mature.

I was on @StoneOtter's place this morning and read this from @Jon:

Although mine are weird, the lower buds are starting to show colors while the cola bud closest to the light remains entirely white pistils. Not bad color too dark pistils either, just going bottom up where I seem to experience the opposite most of the time.
Very interesting! :Rasta:

You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I did have an outdoor plant that started flowering at the bottom sooner than the top.
I didn't really know what the top cola looked like when I harvested her because she was 8 feet tall. But the bud at the very bottom was frosty before the mid plant bud was. I harvested based on the bud just under 6 feet up because it was at eye level. I didn't really notice anything different about the plant. I just assumed I didn't see the top flowers forming because of how high they were.
Wish I had been keeping notes and taking photos back then.

Never had a plant start from bottom. It's always the very top node everything starts from . Light would control where it starts right. I'm confused
Lower leaves are last to be muture on the he plant. Right. Or am I missing something. So confused Is that just outside grown thing. Cause never seen that on tent grow

Last night I skipped the MC feed and fed her some new stuff I just got. I'm hoping it will help her finish strong!
I'll be using this Dirtilizer perhaps once a week for the rest of the ride. (That is, if she reacts well!)
For the anecdote!
They seem to have less amber than the lower buds!
I think you're looking at the sugar leaves on the lower bud in that pic, and they amber faster than the calyxes, which seem to be what's in the pic of the top.

For the anecdote!

I think you're looking at the sugar leaves on the lower bud in that pic, and they amber faster than the calyxes, which seem to be what's in the pic of the top.
Such a party pooper! :laughtwo:

Hello growers.

Still just watering and watching here for the most part.

The Freebie + 1 Grow on Flip 62 continues along the same path, with the THC Bomb (rear left) gaining more browning, drying leaves and the THC Bomb relatively blemish-free (by my standards). The runt Fast Banana (front left) is still standing floppily, but not for much longer.
Freebie + 1 tent 1-18-22 Flip 62.jpg

In the Auto Show on Day 67 there's not much to report. The weird Purple continues to steal most of my attention. She's such a come-back kid! She's showing no signs of not liking the Dirtilizer she got a few days ago. The Smoothie and the Black Cream are showing signs of calmag deficiency so I gave them a bit of calmag (.5g of Calmag Pro). All got their last feed of MC at 5g per gallon. Next feed will be 5.25g.
Auto Show Day 67 labels.jpg

I had the ARC clone (Flip 27) on the ironing board today for her top feed. She's done stretching for sure!
ARC clone 1-18-22 Flip 27.JPG

Thanks for looking in.

Be back in a minute.

Peace.

That weird purple is a great looking little plant, she's gonna be nothing but bud at harvest time- sorta reminds me of a lowryder I grew quite awhile back- not very big, but she produced a lot of weed..
I like that ARC clone too...perfect size:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom