Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Ok.
I think I was confused by this.
I thought they were in flower.
On the flowering dosage but not yet flipped. The plants told me to make that increase...I think. :straightface:

This grower was flat on his back watching Saturday's college football re-runs having had the booster on Saturday afternoon! Sorry I missed all the fun.

The plants look much improved GDB! Glad the Bubblegum wore off early enough for you to get a handle on it. Smooth sailing from here on out... :surf:

I've had it for 16 months and recently I've noticed it stinks! It had no smell when it was new that I recall (I'm a additive sniffer).
I looked at the FAQs on their website and they said it expires after 18 months of purchase. But then they added that it "though it doesn't really expire. We recommend shaking up older bottles before use to mix the amino acids back into solution."
Problem is, I've never been able to shake this bottle without stuff leaking out of the top (look at the pic)! The top has not sealed properly since I first opened it.
Mine is about a year old and smells like apple cider vinegar. I shake the crap out of it because it has floating bits when I pour and I want to make sure they're evenly distributed. Mine doesn't leak though...
I can't recall ever having a plant that grew in the shape of a plus sign.
Wait...didn't you make it that shape? :hmmmm:
I suspect I may have over-moistened the seedling mix
Besides Carcass' suggestion, take the domes off. The cups will dry out faster, and I think that unless you're in very low RH, seedlings never need domes.
I think my girls look better this evening
:thumb:
My TPS is relatively new. It stinks like sulfur. I have a very sensitive sniffer.
Weird that mine smells so different. Yours is older though so I'll keep a nose out for any change in mine.

This grower was flat on his back watching Saturday's college football re-runs having had the booster on Saturday afternoon!
Doesn't sound like much of a "boost" to me.
Mine is about a year old and smells like apple cider vinegar.
That's what mine smells like...I think.
Besides Carcass' suggestion, take the domes off. The cups will dry out faster, and I think that unless you're in very low RH, seedlings never need domes.
Domes were always on again off again, but now they're just off period. I also elevated the cups closer to the light. I've had one emerge thus far and it doesn't look like a survivor. It came out with the helmet attached. I was able to remove the helmet but it remains restricted by a membrane which I haven't been able to get off yet. Two other seeds are trying to emerge.
Auto cups elevated.JPG

So many days have passed. I'm very close to dropping more.

Sorry about the sprouting woes. Seems to be a continuous problem for most seed poppers today.
I surely have no answers. It’s taken me multiple seeds to get a few sprouted since I started with the seeds again.
When I first started growing with commercial seeds it was never a problem of would they pop. You buy 10 seeds around $20. and I would hope to get 7 of those 10 to be female. All would always pop up and grow.
Now I’m wondering if regular seeds give you a better survival rate. Is it just the fems and autos that have such a poor chance of survival?

And one other thing. What’s in that chest that it needs to be locked? You some sort of pirate or something.
A locked chest always stimulates the curiosity and I really would like a look in that chest. Come on man open it up and give us a look. Open Sesame:hug:

Now I’m wondering if regular seeds give you a better survival rate. Is it just the fems and autos that have such a poor chance of survival?
I'd be reluctant to blame the seeds. I've seen to many folks hear make easy work of germination.

I do think, however, that the luck of the draw comes into play sometime, as some seeds just will not cooperate regardless.

I tried a new seedling mix this time and I think I may have over-moistened it. This one is on me.

Hell, I was eating some Rice Krispies this morning and all I got was Snap and Crackle but no Pop.

I tried a new seedling mix this time and I think I may have over-moistened it.
Well I’m no advanced master grower by any means but seems to me something has changed. Maybe it is the soil as we always just got regular potting soil from the local hardware store. Nothing special and no problem. But I also see an issue with the seeds myself included that they are not even cracking in a paper towel stage and not getting results when put in the soil and nothing has really changed in that respect.

Im not trying to be disrespectful or cause heated debate.
I did take 4 years off from growing and mainly used cuts for the last 5 years before I took a break.
I know there are growers on here that grew from seed 10 - 15 years ago. I wonder what they’ve noticed change over time or is it just me getting older and cranky on not getting my seeds to the veg stage.:peace: :love:
:passitleft: :green_heart:

And one other thing. What’s in that chest that it needs to be locked?
Ha! You know what's in there @Nev! I have two of them, both locked and both nearly full. Since the seedlings are atop the one you're seeing, I'll let you peek in the other one.

Green foot locker.JPG

As I said, they're both nearly full and I have a minor problem. I've got 14 jars currently drying in the fridge that I'll soon need to fit into these trunks. In order to make room, most likely I'll have to un-jar some of the older stuff and seal it in storage bags.

Hello growers.

Caveat: If you're growing bored with seeing pics of the same plants day in and day out, skip this post.

It's DAY 62 for the Freebie + 1 bunch.

After lights out yesterday, I gave all a foliar spray of epsom salts. I'm trying to make up for whatever damage my stoned Bubblegum persona may have inflicted.

This morning they were all watered. I used my new organic CalMag on the Prescription Blend plants (@ 5ml) and continued with the 4-0-0 Calmag on the OG in the Lush soil (with added Geoflora VEG).

BTW, the new Roots Organics CalMag has the look of -- and nearly the consistency of -- Chocolate milk. That's different!
Roots Organics CalMag II.JPG

Here are a few solo pics:

Alien Rock Candy
Alien Rock Candy 11-9-21 D62.JPG

Original Glue
Original Glue 11-9-21 D62.JPG

THC Bomb
THC Bomb 11-9-21 D62.JPG

It's time to start thinking about sending this bunch to Flipsville. I here it's nice there at this time of year!

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

I've got 14 jars currently drying in the fridge that I'll soon need to fit into these trunks. In order to make room, most likely I'll have to un-jar some of the older stuff and seal it in storage bags.
And as you got me on a rant! You don’t need a larger trunk or storage bags you just need to smoke more.
:lot-o-toke:

it remains restricted by a membrane which I haven't been able to get off yet.
I drip warm water on the top every few minutes for a while and then it seems to slide off more easily.
Sorry about the sprouting woes. Seems to be a continuous problem for most seed poppers today.
I'm thinking it's a colder weather thing.
What’s in that chest that it needs to be locked?
I know right! That was the first think I thought of when I saw the size of that lock.
I'd be reluctant to blame the seeds.
What's the temperature in that room GDB? The heat mat has no effect on the soil near the top where the seeds are, so you're really germinating at ambient. If you aren't running up the bill and keeping the place at 80ºF, I'm going with temperature being the issue.
You know what's in there
Of course!
BTW, the new Roots Organics CalMag has the look of -- and nearly the consistency of -- Chocolate milk. That's different!
Bosco puts hustle in your muscle. Bosco puts wee in your knee!

[I just went to find that commercial, and when I Googled that phrase in Video search, it asked this:
bosco.JPG

Seriously? No, this time I did not!]

Back
Top Bottom