Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hello growers.

It's time to add to the stack!

Although I've enjoyed these past few weeks with the 5x5 tent shut down, enough of that! Letting the spider mites that lurk in my basement deter me from growing down there is making me fill like a quitter.

I've got the arsenal I need to combat them and just need to be more consistent in their applications.
Borg Arsenal.JPG

So sitting beside the foot locker pictured above is this:

Auto seeds in cups 11-3-21.JPG

The clone is a gift for a friend but what's in the cups is for me: 6 autoflower seeds!
Auto seeds in cups II 11-3-21.JPG

Yeah, I'm sneaking in an auto grow. :Rasta:

Am I superstitious? No.
If I name what strains I'm trying to germinate will it jinx the germination process? Yes.

I'll reveal what they are once I have seedlings above ground. Less 'splaining to do! :ganjamon:

That's what I've been doing lately. Too many seeds are failures.

So I'll spend part of the day thoroughly cleaning the 5x5. Then I'll set off a few bug bombs in the basement.

With that arsenal at your disposal, I'm surprised you ever had bug problems.

I haven't decided on the medium or nutrients yet, but they will all be grown in 3 gallon fabric pots.

So, I guess a hydro grow is out then. :laughtwo:

With that arsenal, you could definitely help Captain Picard take out the real Borg. I think you have bottle of photon torpedoes hiding in that selection somewhere :laugh:

Wishing you the best of luck mate.. I will be here:popcorn:

Oh, those bug bombs. Do you have to extract the air out of the basement after they have been set off? Or does it just settle out of the air..
Thanks Squiggle.

Always glad to have you around!

The bug bombs settle after a few hours, the recommended period to stay out of the room after their use.

For that victory it’s going to require persistence and dedication.
The bomb and thoroughly soaking those plants every 3 days for at least 6 weeks.
Its not an easy win.:goodluck:
Einstein Neem is the best I’ve found.

FBFABC48-9949-4F60-B9F5-6402B7FBDEAA.jpeg

For that victory it’s going to require persistence and dedication.
The bomb and thoroughly soaking those plants every 3 days for at least 6 weeks.
Its not an easy win.:goodluck:
Einstein Neem is the best I’ve found.

FBFABC48-9949-4F60-B9F5-6402B7FBDEAA.jpeg
Thanks, Nev!

You know Albert's little brother Frank was a real monster. (Sorry) :ganjamon:

Hello growers.

Here's a quick update on the Freebie + 1 Grow.

DAY 57

I'm having issues with a few of my @Prescription Blend plants and the yellowing on the OG in Lush soil is befuddling me as well.

Long story short, this grow is not going as well as I had hoped.

I really hope my expectations are not too high, but when I look at these Prescription Blend (PB) plants they just don't seem to be progressing at the rate to which I've become accustomed. In fact, to this untrained eye they seem to have stalled for about the last 5 days.

The THC Bomb has begun to yellow and has a few leaves with rusty sections.

The Fast Banana, even though she has been a "special" case, had started to show signs of recovery but now has yellowing leaves developing at the bottom -- again.

The Alien Rock Candy is the only one of the three that has had no yellowing leaves, but even she seems to have stalled a bit.

All of these are now on the Week1 Flower dosage of PB. And all are getting 2ml of calmag (4-0-0) with each feed.

Perhaps, @Prescription Blend can weigh in with some advice.
Frrebie + 1 Grow 11-4-21 D57.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Hello growers.

Here's a quick update on the Freebie + 1 Grow.

DAY 57

I'm having issues with a few of my @Prescription Blend plants and the yellowing on the OG in Lush soil is befuddling me as well.

Long story short, this grow is not going as well as I had hoped.

I really hope my expectations are not too high, but when I look at these Prescription Blend (PB) plants they just don't seem to be progressing at the rate to which I've become accustomed. In fact, to this untrained eye they seem to have stalled for about the last 5 days.

The THC Bomb has begun to yellow and has a few leaves with rusty sections.

The Fast Banana, even though she has been a "special" case, had started to show signs of recovery but now has yellowing leaves developing at the bottom -- again.

The Alien Rock Candy is the only one of the three that has had no yellowing leaves, but even she seems to have stalled a bit.

All of these are now on the Week1 Flower dosage of PB. And all are getting 2ml of calmag (4-0-0) with each feed.

Perhaps, @Prescription Blend can weigh in with some advice.
Frrebie + 1 Grow 11-4-21 D57.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.
Those do not look very happy, it will take me a while to catch up here but I’ll see if I notice anything that could help.

Sorry to hear (and see) that your ladies are having problems, GDB- I hope PB can help you get things back on track....you're not alone- my seedling also has color/leaf problems very similar to yours...

Hello growers.

Yet another quick update.

FREEBIE + 1 GROW DAY 57 (evening)

The yellowing issues notwithstanding, they look a little better after getting some water this morning.

I think I took too long to progress through the @Prescription Blend dosage schedule and that might partly account for the yellowing. And I know I've been too stingy with water which made them look (in previous pic) sadder than they actually are.
Freebie + 1 Grow 11-4-21 D57.jpg

I've got too much good weed on hand and things are getting out of hand. :straightface:

My Chiquita Banana clone in the 2x2 is moving along on flip day7.
CB clone 11-4-21 Flip7.jpg

But I'm trying to find someone to take her so I can have that tent for the auto seedling that I hope are on the way...
Seed drop prep auto 11-4-21.jpg

Yeah, I buried the auto swimmers this evening, way behind schedule. I usually only soak seeds for 24 hours and drop 'em, tap root or not. These had about a 40-hour soak. Only one didn't have a tape root, but is was close to coming out. The others only had short tap roots and one of those looked a little funky (tan instead of white). Like rolling dice! :Rasta:

I'm starting these in something new to me. Coast of Maine Organic Seedling Mix. That kind of stuff always happens when I go to the hydro store, which I did today (looking for some seedling mix).

As always, thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Hello growers.

GROWING WEED 101 - Water Your Plants

It's DAY 58 for the Freebie + 1 Grow.

After giving the plants a thorough dousing yesterday I was surprised at how light the pots were this morning. My bunch was super-thirsty and I think their problems rest solely with me and my sub-par performance in nurturing. I, in turn, am blaming my recent Bubblegum harvest. That weed is so awesome I can't stop smoking it. And it's not even cured yet! Unfortunately (or not) it has had me in a constant state of blissful indifference for the past few weeks.

In a cloud just the other day, I went to the gas station and got a lighter and ordered $20 on pump #3. After paying for these items, I went and got in my truck and drove away. About then minutes down the road it hit me, "You forgot to pump the gas, stoner." Luckily, the proprietor (about my age) knows me, had seen me drive off, and had taken the $20 off the pump. So when I returned about 5 minutes later (notice I drove back faster than I drove away), I did get the gas. And this admonishment (delivered with a Nigerian accent), "See. See. I told you. Always coming in here looking like you need a cup of coffee."

I'm so sorry my poor plants are caught up in this. :ganjamon:

Anyway, since the pots were light I watered them again today. For the THC Bomb, the Fast Banana and the Alien Rock Candy I raised the @Prescription Blend nutrients to the next level, Week2 Flower. For the OG in the lush soil I switched from adding 0-0-0 calmag to 4-0-0 calmag.

And for my own mental well-being, I removed a bunch of ugly leaves from the THCB, FB and the OG. (The Alien Rock Candy really had none but I took off the two lowest fans that were starting to die.)

Freebie + 1 Grow 11-5-21 D58.jpg

Lastly, my CB clone has pistils starting to emerge on flip day 8.
CB clone 11-5-21 Flip+8 pistils emerging.JPG

Now to search online for a nice fem Bubblegum strain (not a Fast one). If anyone knows of a good one please let me know. And not to worry, the "Low Fuel" warning on my truck is in working order!

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Organic Seedling Mix.
This is on my list for the next purchase when I go to the hydro store. I lose to many seeds between germination and sprout. Maybe this will help.
Now to search online for a nice fem Bubblegum strain (not a Fast one). If anyone knows of a good one please let me know. And not to worry, the "Low Fuel" warning on my truck is in working order!
I grew out some Nirvana bubble gum photo 15 years ago that was an outstandingly pink Bazooka bubble gum flavorful. Don’t recall the smoke but the flavor was extrodinare. :passitleft:

Hello growers.

GROWING WEED 101 - Water Your Plants

It's DAY 58 for the Freebie + 1 Grow.

After giving the plants a thorough dousing yesterday I was surprised at how light the pots were this morning. My bunch was super-thirsty and I think their problems rest solely with me and my sub-par performance in nurturing. I, in turn, am blaming my recent Bubblegum harvest. That weed is so awesome I can't stop smoking it, And it's not even cured yet! Unfortunately (or not) it has had me in a constant state of blissful indifference for the past few weeks.

In a cloud just the other day, I went to the gas station and got a lighter and ordered $20 on pump #3. After paying for these items, I went and got in my truck and drove away. About then minutes down the road it hit me, "You forgot to pump the gas, stoner." Luckily, the proprietor (about my age) knows me, had seen me drive off, and had taken the $20 off the pump. So when I returned about 15 minutes later (notice I drove back faster than I drove away), I did get the gas. And this admonishment (delivered with a Nigerian accent), "See. See. I told you. Always coming in here looking like you need a cup of coffee."

I'm so sorry my poor plants are caught up in this. :ganjamon:

Anyway, since the pots were light I watered them again today. For the THC Bomb, the Fast Banana and the Alien Rock Candy I raised the @Prescription Blend nutrients to the next level, Week2 Flower. For the OG in the lush soil I switched from adding 0-0-0 calmag to 4-0-0 calmag.

And for my own mental well-being, I removed a bunch of ugly leaves from the THCB, FB and the OG. (The Alien Rock Candy really had none but I took off the two lowest fans that were starting to die.)

Freebie + 1 Grow 11-5-21 D58.jpg

Lastly, my CB clone has pistils starting to emerge on flip day 8.
CB clone 11-5-21 Flip+8 pistils emerging.JPG

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Funny story, good laugh for Friday! Glad to hear you're enjoying the treasure chest!

Back
Top Bottom