Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

I don't know any more than I did before about the relation of amber to taste.
I've got a lot of "old weed" - I'll have to take a look at some of it...I have noticed that the old stuff smokes "milder" than the fresh, and it still works fine- I'm smoking some 2 year old stuff at bedtime, and it works as well as it did when it was young...
The weed has turned light brown, maybe the trichomes have too...

Caveat: I don't know if plants continue to get ambery throughout the cure.
Interesting. Do you have pics of the trichs on any of these buds pre-jar?
And indeed I have no outdoor but will always be washing my tent plants from now on.

Interesting. Do you have pics of the trichs on any of these buds pre-jar?
And indeed I have no outdoor but will always be washing my tent plants from now on.
I have none of the same quality, so no good for comparison.

I'm going to have a "scientific" look at that down the road. I'll take one bud at harvest, use a marker to outline a target spot, and then keep periodically taking pictures of that same spot throughout the dry and cure.

This experiment might win me a @BeezLuiz Peace Prize Pipe! :ganjamon:

I've got a lot of "old weed" - I'll have to take a look at some of it...I have noticed that the old stuff smokes "milder" than the fresh, and it still works fine- I'm smoking some 2 year old stuff at bedtime, and it works as well as it did when it was young...
The weed has turned light brown, maybe the trichomes have too...
I'll bet a lot of folks here have some "old weed." Be interesting to hear from more about how their old weed stands up to time. :)

"old weed."
I just threw out some old weed that was at least 6 years in a gallon jar and they don’t seal well. It was the last of my stash and I’d smoked all the fresher better sealed stuff that was at least 3+ years old. 3+ year stuff was still good. The 6 year old stuff tasted nasty had bad looking Mexican brown color so I made a bunch into butter but it didn’t have much lasting power so I tossed it after I completed my Glue grow.

Hello growers.

Just a quick pic of the Freebie + 1 Grow.

DAY 52

I still haven't been able to water any of them because they were given a good soaking when up-potted. but yesterday I did give the Original Glue about 600ml of Recharge, just because it's hard to sit and do nothing while she yellows. It (the yellowing) is not spreading quickly, which is a good thing. My plan remains to give her a top-feed of Geoflora Veg and some calmag whenever she's ready to accept at least 2 liters of water.

Look at that runt Fast Banana at day 52! She looks a lot happier but still makes me laugh. :laughtwo:

Freebie + 1 Tent 10-20-21 D52 LABELS.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Peace.

Any day you can get a good laugh from a fast banana is a good day in my book!

They responded well to the training. :thumb:
Thanks, Shed.

The threshold for inducing me to laugh is low. I find humor in a lot of stuff, even stuff that I probably shouldn't.

About two weeks ago a cousin called to tell me that his sister's diabetes had worsened and in a few days the doctors would be amputating her left foot.

I asked him, "Where?" (meaning what hospital) And he said, "Right below the ankle." And I lost it! :ganjamon:

And dayum your tent is tidy!! Plants looking awesome and super healthy too! Well maybe not all of them but,,,,
Fast Banana gets the “Survivor” award?

NTH
Thanks, Hippie.

I'd be willing to bet that the Fast Banana will be the best 1/2 ounce of weed I've ever grown! :ganjamon:

Hey, look what I've found. GDB has a journal and I'm only 100 pages behind! :laughtwo:
I'll bet a lot of folks here have some "old weed." Be interesting to hear from more about how their old weed stands up to time.
I've got some weed from my first grow in 2018, so that makes it 3 yrs old now. I vacuum sealed it right after cure, put it in my closet and promptly forgot about it. Maybe I should open it up and see how it looks... and smokes. :yummy:

Thanks, Bill!

My gummies have gained some popularity. If only I weren't such a slob when I make them (constantly overpouring into the molds).

I've got a fresh batch drying now. The molds were sitting on the cutting board when I filled them and you can see all the spillage from my overpouring! :ganjamon:

This is how I solved over pouring gummies:

320 gram Strawberry Gummy.jpeg

And, then I just cut it into the serving sizes I wanted. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Paper towel cylinder was actually clever! Or at least when I modify the purpose for a bit:
Seed goes into starter cube and as soon as roots come thru the bottom using the cylender to maximize the vertical root growth before planting it into DWC net cup :cool:

I'll bet a lot of folks here have some "old weed." Be interesting to hear from more about how their old weed stands up to time. :)
Old guys have old weed around:headbanger:! That's me! One I have around is strawberry cough. She's a couple of years old now I'm thinking. Taste is not as fresh now and the high may be on the decline. However, easily still worth reaching in the jar for her magical ways.

Hey, look what I've found. GDB has a journal and I'm only 100 pages behind! :laughtwo:
Welcome Beez!

Please don't go back to catch up. (As if you were even considering that!) Nothing there but more of the same.

Thanks for stopping by!
I've got some weed from my first grow in 2018, so that makes it 3 yrs old now. I vacuum sealed it right after cure, put it in my closet and promptly forgot about it. Maybe I should open it up and see how it looks... and smokes. :yummy:
Please let me know how that goes. I haven't been pleased with weed that I've vac-sealed. It's seems to lack in taste. I stopped vac-sealing and just go with the "sealing" feature now.
This is how I solved over pouring gummies:

And, then I just cut it into the serving sizes I wanted. :cheesygrinsmiley:
A novel approach, @HashGirl!
Seed goes into starter cube and as soon as roots come thru the bottom using the cylender to maximize the vertical root growth before planting it into DWC net cup :cool:
Thing is, the toilet paper cylinder does not hold up to moisture. That's not to say your idea won't work but it's something to consider.
Old guys have old weed around
I want that on a tee-shirt! :ganjamon:

Hello growers.

About a week ago on someone's thread (can't remember whose), there was a discussion about "grinder envy." I missed weighing in at the time, but I'm going to show off my baby now. Even though she's only a 2-incher, I think my grinder is as cool as the other side of the pillow!

IMG_3591.jpg

Top comes off for the grind.
IMG_3592.jpg

Weed goes into a storage area that will hold quite a bit.
IMG_3593.jpg

Tops back on, open side door to pour out some weed.
IMG_3594.jpg

And lastly, the kief catcher at the bottom even came with a tiny kief spatula!
IMG_3595.jpg

Pretty handy it is!

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom