Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hello growers.

I've scratched a bald spot on my head trying to figure out why my grows have become so problematic lately. (That's my story explaining the bald spot and I'm sticking to it.)

In police lingo, I have a person substance of interest. :idea:

Here it is:
TPS CalMag.jpg

I routinely use this in all my grows because of it's 0-0-0 NPK rating -- less thinking, just put it in.

I've had it for 16 months and recently I've noticed it stinks! It had no smell when it was new that I recall (I'm a additive sniffer).

I looked at the FAQs on their website and they said it expires after 18 months of purchase. But then they added that it "though it doesn't really expire. We recommend shaking up older bottles before use to mix the amino acids back into solution."

Problem is, I've never been able to shake this bottle without stuff leaking out of the top (look at the pic)! The top has not sealed properly since I first opened it. So my way-late assumption is that this stuff has gone bad.

I've got my hands on another organic Calmag product from Roots Organics, and I'll be using it from this point forward. I hope they make a better quality bottle top! (But it looks very similar to the TPC bottle. :straightface: )
Roots Organics CalMag.jpg

Detective Bubblegum and I are on the case! :ganjamon:

Peace.

I've noticed it stinks
Good detective work, GDB- With the yellowing going on on some of the plants, CalMag with a little N in it might be something to try also- do you have any of the BPN CalMag Pro (8-0-0)?.

Good detective work, GDB- With the yellowing going on on some of the plants, CalMag with a little N in it might be something to try also- do you have any of the BPN CalMag Pro (8-0-0)?.
No I don't Carcass. But I've seen that you use it.

I'll try it on the OG.

Thanks.

Hello growers.

Things seem a little slow here on 420 this weekend so I thought I'd post an update in case any of you have some time to kill.

It's DAY 60 for the Freebie + 1 Grow.

I'm starting to see some baby-steps toward improvement.

The THC Bomb still has some leaf discoloration but it's not spreading, and she seems to be on the move again. I can't recall ever having a plant that grew in the shape of a plus sign. :Rasta:
THC Bomb 11-7-21 D60.jpg

The Alien Rock Candy is the only plant that never got yellowing leaves. She out-stretched the others and now just seems to be biding her time until the trip to Flipsville.
Alien Rock Candy 11-7-21 D60.JPG

The Original Glue in the Lush soil seems to be getting her colors right, especially the new growth. The GeoFlora Veg top-feed of 6 days ago may be starting to kick in. Also, I think the switch to 4-0-0 calmag may be starting to help. @Carcass suggested I try 8-0-0 calmag and I have some on the way.
Original Glue 11-7-21 D60.JPG

Here's a tent pic, with the runt Fast Banana and the ARC clone front left.
Freebie Tent 11-7-21 D60 lites out.JPG

Finally, so far there's no movement on the buried auto seeds. I got a bargain basement seedling light for them and they're sitting on a heating mat. I suspect I may have over-moistened the seedling mix. I hope I didn't mess up! :straightface:
Buried Auto seeds 11-7-21.jpg

Have yourselves a wonderful and safe Sunday and thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Finally, so far there's no movement on the buried auto seeds.
I'll bet they'll be smiling up at you by tonight, or tomorrow morning...
I suspect I may have over-moistened the seedling mix.
If you put a paper towel between the red cups and the clear cups it will suck out that extra water- just keep changing the paper towel every hour or so, until they come out dry, then the moisture level in the seedling cups should be just right...

Hello growers (growers...growers)!

This has been the quietest day I've experienced on 420 mag. I guess it has something to do with a lot of new births and chops having recently occurred.

I certainly don't have anything to report. But because I think my girls look better this evening than they did this morning, I'll post another tent pic! :ganjamon:

Freebie Tent 11-7-21 D60 evening.jpg

Looks kinda' familiar I imagine. :straightface:

Peace.

Hellohellohello ...anybody here?
I think you're right, they look a lot better betterbetter!

Hellohellohello ...anybody here?
I think you're right, they look a lot better betterbetter!
Thanks, MrC.

Isn't it quiet? Does this always happen soon after a bunch of luscious plants have been harvested?

Wonder what those recent harvesters are doing! :ganjamon:

They're probably enjoying the fruits of their labors .... (I heard they may be a bunch of stoners) :oops:

Hello growers (growers...growers)!

This has been the quietest day I've experienced on 420 mag. I guess it has something to do with a lot of new births and chops having recently occurred.

I certainly don't have anything to report. But because I think my girls look better this evening than they did this morning, I'll post another tent pic! :ganjamon:

Freebie Tent 11-7-21 D60 evening.jpg

Looks kinda' familiar I imagine. :straightface:

Peace.
They look like they are recovering from whatever was going on GDB! I like the growers...growers...growers....yesterday was quiet...there's a lot going on in the growing world besides our tents I know that much lol

I've had it for 16 months and recently I've noticed it stinks! It had no smell when it was new that I recall (I'm a additive sniffer).
My TPS is relatively new. It stinks like sulfur. I have a very sensitive sniffer.
It's funny. It smells identical to my aquarium dechlorinator.

Anyway. I think it's fine. That type of thing doesn't really go bad unless it dehydrates a lot. Then you have issues with dilution.

A doubled up (1"sq.) piece of foil or plastic baggie will fix the leaking issue. Just cover the top and then screw the cover over it.

My TPS is relatively new. It stinks like sulfur. I have a very sensitive sniffer.
It's funny. It smells identical to my aquarium dechlorinator.

Anyway. I think it's fine. That type of thing doesn't really go bad unless it dehydrates a lot. Then you have issues with dilution.

A doubled up (1"sq.) piece of foil or plastic baggie will fix the leaking issue. Just cover the top and then screw the cover over it.
Hmmm. Well if my TPS isn't bad then my theory about what's wrong is out the window!

Maybe I'll start using the 4-0-0 Calmag on all of the PB plants rather than the organic Calmag.

The advice on the leaky top makes me feel like, well, a stoner! :ganjamon:

Thanks for looking in, @Virgin Ground.

Hmmm. Well if my TPS isn't bad then my theory about what's wrong is out the window!

Maybe I'll start using the 4-0-0 Calmag on all of the PB plants rather than the organic Calmag.

The advice on the leaky top makes me feel like, well, a stoner! :ganjamon:

Thanks for looking in, @Virgin Ground.
I'm caught up through the weekend now.
My opinion...
Since you got new cal-mag,use that. Just remove any doubt.

I assume that you are mixing the PBlend and the cal-mag addition in the correct order....
Your temps are good enough if they are drinking fast...

I think they were underwatered.
I get all sorts of 'issues' when I let mine get too dry when they are in flower.

The other possiblity I was entertaining was lockout. How much of that TPS were you giving /gallon?
I know that stuff is really potent.

Just out of curiosity...What's the suggested dose on the new cal-mag?

I'm caught up through the weekend now.
My opinion...
Since you got new cal-mag,use that. Just remove any doubt.
Bet.
I assume that you are mixing the PBlend and the cal-mag addition in the correct order....
Your temps are good enough if they are drinking fast...
I'm adding the CalMag immediately after the Bio Sci.
I think they were underwatered.
I get all sorts of 'issues' when I let mine get too dry when they are in flower.
They were underwatered at one point because of my Bubblegum harvest. I've corrected that! :ganjamon:
These plants are still in veg.
The other possiblity I was entertaining was lockout. How much of that TPS were you giving /gallon?
I know that stuff is really potent.

Just out of curiosity...What's the suggested dose on the new cal-mag?
I was giving them the recommended dosage of 2ml per gallon.

The dosage recommendations for the new stuff:

Seedlings & Small Plants: 5ml per gallon
Mature Vegetative Plants: 5 to 15ml
Mature Flowering Plants: 10-15ml

Much love, @Virgin Ground! :hug:

All of these are now on the Week1 Flower dosage of PB. And all are getting 2ml of calmag (4-0-0) with each feed
Sorry.
I think I was confused by this.
I thought they were in flower.

Back
Top Bottom