I wanted to grow gorilla zkittles so bad and almost got some beans to run some mothers.......in the end I settled on two other strains for their very quick flowering time and high yeilds.

So I'm excited to see your end result. GL bro

I wanted to grow gorilla zkittles so bad and almost got some beans to run some mothers.......in the end I settled on two other strains for their very quick flowering time and high yeilds.

So I'm excited to see your end result. GL bro

Yeah I grew the GZ for my first ever grow. Wanted to see how I could improve while growing the same strain. This grow has run so much smoother so I hope to improve on the 3oz dry per plant average (I didn’t weigh each one out, it was a total of 24oz from 8 plants). They are currently 25 days old. Last time I flowered at 35 days, but my plants aren’t far off the same size and look a hell of a lot healthier.

As I’m writing this I haven’t yet clicked on your journal but I thought other than autos, I thought the GZ was a very fast strain, it was 8 week flower. I’ll come pop over to your journal and take a look, I’m trying to decide what I’ll grow next. I would like to stick with Barneys farm though.

Thanks man

Day 25,

All plants looking great.

They are drinking around 0.75-1 litre a day at the moment. After waiting 9-10 days to water from transplant it should now be about 4-5 days between watering if they continue drinking at that speed. Plant growth is just exploding, so I’m expecting that to continue getting shorter and shorter.

Small amount of nutrient burn, which I think is from the top watering I gave around 5 days ago. I’ve caught it nice and early and have just a few burned tips with some pointing down, really not much overall so I’m not too worried. I’m using an EC reader and I have that in check now, plus my ph has been between 5.8 and 6.5 the whole grow. Run off was 6.2 when I checked it while watering.

I’ve attached a photo of some plants at the same age on my last grow which was my first. Well to be honest they are actually 3 days older than my current grow. Incredible how much better my current grow looks.
2CBBC55A-DB05-443A-94B9-6B8EB696DD1B.jpeg

As you can see, this time round is running a lot better. Can’t believe the difference and with the current grow rate in 3 days they’ll be even bigger.

DD094E9C-AC2D-4315-95F9-4BF095A2834B.jpeg

I’ve made a few changes on this grow.

I up potted at 2 weeks rather than 4.
The pots are now fabric 20 litre pots, instead of 10 litre buckets.
Nutrients were given this time round earlier on.
Ph and EC is being monitored and correct this time round.
Changed to adjust a wings
Watering - following Emilya’s guide.

I think every change I’ve made has worked out well, glad I suffered through the first one.

Next grow I will be learning all about training and trying my hand at it. Maybe I’ll try it with organics, coco or even normal soil again, haven’t quite decided on that part yet.

Big thanks to everyone so far for all the advise and help, wouldn’t be this far without you all!

One day you’ll all be provided some nice whitelight photos, however my back is hurting. So today is not the day I lug the plants under a white light for photos, your stuck with the lighting from the HPS.

6D3BF241-3E76-4F95-BC0B-448B437EDE57.jpeg
70182470-95B9-4405-822D-3A7920EC5A6F.jpeg

Hey @oldsmokey

I’m a little stuck with my little one im trying to mainline.

The growth is nothing compared to the ones in the tent. I realise they have a 20 litre pot, while the little one is in a 1 litre pot, but I didn’t realise it would drag this far behind.

I will do measurements and see what the largest container size I can go in my veg cupboard, and I will use that on my next grow. I don’t expect it to be more than 3-4 litres, maybe a gallon at best.

Would getting an led light help with this stage rather than my T5 light. Problem I have is the plants will be more spread out in the slightly larger pots. This means I’ll have to raise lights a lot higher than usual to give them all light. I didn’t know if maybe an LED light might handle that better.

Anyone is welcome to respond. Thanks

Hi Kimber they do take longer to grow when you top and train I usually veg for at least 8 weeks or more. Can you not fit it in your tent with the other ones?
I use a T5 for clones only if you're planning on flowering with that light you will not get very big buds. If you're thinking of training it until your next crop in veg that seems like a long time to me. I would put it in the tent and grow it out.

Thanks for getting back to me so quick,

So the only reason I’m training 1 is to get an idea on how much time I can overlap my grows.

My veg spot is in a different room and the more time I can spend training in there the more grows I can do through out the year.

I was hoping I could get the 2nd topping done while under the T5, then I wanted to finish the rest of the training inside the tent in a full 20 litre pot, It’s just taking a lot longer than I expected. I’m not sure if this is purely because of the size of the pot, or because the light.

Well I was hoping for at least 10 when I decided to defoliate heavily at the end of week 5 in flower, I got carried away. Not sure how that affected them in the long run, I’ll never know.

Seeing what I got from the last one I see a kilo being reasonable as a target. I’m seeing people veg for around 6 weeks, mainlining and pulling 4/5 oz off a plant, that’s my target. I’ll be mainlining next grow, just need to create some more space in veg spot to allow for some bigger pots. I start my seedlings when I start the flush which allows me to overlap by 3 weeks, then the tent is empty ready for some new girls just a few weeks old.

If I can sort my veg spot out, I’d like to be able to do at least 2 lots of topping before putting them into the tent, but that’s means I need more space. Another alternative is going to coco, the recovery rates and speed of growth seems to be much better than soil which is really important for me.

Just reading a few of your comments kimber I thought you might get a kick out of this.
Dude gets over a LB dry offr of 315 watts of CMH lighting with AUTOFLOWERS. No training. No topping. No fimming. Just let em buck.

Yeah I grew the GZ for my first ever grow. Wanted to see how I could improve while growing the same strain. This grow has run so much smoother so I hope to improve on the 3oz dry per plant average (I didn’t weigh each one out, it was a total of 24oz from 8 plants). They are currently 25 days old. Last time I flowered at 35 days, but my plants aren’t far off the same size and look a hell of a lot healthier.

As I’m writing this I haven’t yet clicked on your journal but I thought other than autos, I thought the GZ was a very fast strain, it was 8 week flower. I’ll come pop over to your journal and take a look, I’m trying to decide what I’ll grow next. I would like to stick with Barneys farm though.

Thanks man

So I've fazed out my chronic widow since it's a 10 week flower. I did clone I banna kush, jscks girl, and zombie again but think I will faze out the banna kush as well as they seem like a tiny plant in comparison. I want to keep quick turnaround. I call these my money maker strains. I believe the critical kush is barneys farm and sweet zombie is expert seeds
(cdn prices not usd
Screenshot_20191226-084556_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200117-034712_Gallery.jpg

Also some others in had my eye on
RQS and barneys farm
Screenshot_20200117-040057_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200117-040029_Gallery.jpg

Ok I understand now. T5 will work LED will work better now I have no experience with LED but that's the next light I am buying.

Yeah think I’m going to invest some time into looking at LED, I’m happy with the HPS for flowering, it does a good job and provides plenty of heat to the tent, in the UK this is a nice bonus.

Don’t know whether to build my own led panel, I do need it specifics sizes so may find it better to just do my own so I can fill the cupboard up fully with an led panel.

Just reading a few of your comments kimber I thought you might get a kick out of this.
Dude gets over a LB dry offr of 315 watts of CMH lighting with AUTOFLOWERS. No training. No topping. No fimming. Just let em buck.

So I've fazed out my chronic widow since it's a 10 week flower. I did clone I banna kush, jscks girl, and zombie again but think I will faze out the banna kush as well as they seem like a tiny plant in comparison. I want to keep quick turnaround. I call these my money maker strains. I believe the critical kush is barneys farm and sweet zombie is expert seeds
(cdn prices not usd
Screenshot_20191226-084556_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200117-034712_Gallery.jpg

Also some others in had my eye on
RQS and barneys farm
Screenshot_20200117-040057_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200117-040029_Gallery.jpg

Ha, that’s that’s impressive. Bet he was bloody happy with that.

I do like the idea of critical Kush. It’s one of I’ve had my eye on. Really do need to make my mind up soon.

Sounds like you have a pretty nice collection. I haven’t yet tried clones, don’t really want to grow the same strain again, and unless I find something I really like, I doubt I’ll do 2 runs of the same strain again.

Day 25,

All plants looking great.

They are drinking around 0.75-1 litre a day at the moment. After waiting 9-10 days to water from transplant it should now be about 4-5 days between watering if they continue drinking at that speed. Plant growth is just exploding, so I’m expecting that to continue getting shorter and shorter.

Small amount of nutrient burn, which I think is from the top watering I gave around 5 days ago. I’ve caught it nice and early and have just a few burned tips with some pointing down, really not much overall so I’m not too worried. I’m using an EC reader and I have that in check now, plus my ph has been between 5.8 and 6.5 the whole grow. Run off was 6.2 when I checked it while watering.

I’ve attached a photo of some plants at the same age on my last grow which was my first. Well to be honest they are actually 3 days older than my current grow. Incredible how much better my current grow looks.
2CBBC55A-DB05-443A-94B9-6B8EB696DD1B.jpeg

As you can see, this time round is running a lot better. Can’t believe the difference and with the current grow rate in 3 days they’ll be even bigger.

DD094E9C-AC2D-4315-95F9-4BF095A2834B.jpeg

I’ve made a few changes on this grow.

I up potted at 2 weeks rather than 4.
The pots are now fabric 20 litre pots, instead of 10 litre buckets.
Nutrients were given this time round earlier on.
Ph and EC is being monitored and correct this time round.
Changed to adjust a wings
Watering - following Emilya’s guide.

I think every change I’ve made has worked out well, glad I suffered through the first one.

Next grow I will be learning all about training and trying my hand at it. Maybe I’ll try it with organics, coco or even normal soil again, haven’t quite decided on that part yet.

Big thanks to everyone so far for all the advise and help, wouldn’t be this far without you all!

One day you’ll all be provided some nice whitelight photos, however my back is hurting. So today is not the day I lug the plants under a white light for photos, your stuck with the lighting from the HPS.

6D3BF241-3E76-4F95-BC0B-448B437EDE57.jpeg
70182470-95B9-4405-822D-3A7920EC5A6F.jpeg
Not sure if you already have these didnt see any in your pics so figured I'd mention it.
If you have a local hydroponic store you'll find these way cheaper than amazon.
I used them my first grow using fabric pots. Really helps get them up off the ground and allows air flow and through the bottom not just the sides. Screenshot_20200117-171114_Chrome.jpg

I actually have these rubber feet on the bottom, 4 under each one. After my first major water I put them under so I could see once I’ve got run off, as the pot got so heavy it basically just swallowed them up, so this will be perfect, thank you.

I’ll see if I can get down to the shop soon, if not I’ll try find them or something similar on amazon.

Walked in today to see a little bit of drooping across some plants. Didn’t expect to see this so soon after watering 5 days ago, especially as they went 9 days without a watering after being repotted.

Decided to weigh them all and they are around 500-1000g away from the same last dry weight when I watered. So tomorrow evening I will do a full watering. I checked the top soil yesterday and it still felt moist around an inch down so I decided to not water it. I didn’t want to do a top watering today knowing they’ll get a full one tomorrow.

The plants are going through 600-1000g of water each day. More than double of what they were previously going through.

I’m confident the drooping seen is just from needing a watering, mainly due to 2 plants got watered a day later than the rest, these 2 are fine and show no signs of drooping.

Attachments

• AC429A27-7D6A-418A-B16A-AA2EE417A495.jpeg
    AC429A27-7D6A-418A-B16A-AA2EE417A495.jpeg
    1,006.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 9F8BB667-4F54-48EE-BDA6-19FDFFEC7B0C.jpeg
    9F8BB667-4F54-48EE-BDA6-19FDFFEC7B0C.jpeg
    977.9 KB · Views: 52
So I’ve got a little bit of yellowing I’m a bit worried about.

A little about this particular one.

It is the tallest, and I do run my light at 12 inches, so if one were to be affected from either the light, this one would suffer first I guess.

It’s drinking water at the same rate as the others, growth does not seem affected.

The yellowing does not appear to be worsening. I have added CalMag to the nutrients, my EC is 1.8-1.9, following the Dutch pro recommendations. My PH run off is 6.2. I water anywhere from 5.8 to 6.5

It receives Dutch pro nutrients, following the recommendation. However due to high EC levels the A&B was lowered to 10ml rather than 20-30ml which was advised on bottle. However it has next to the 20-30 ml 1.8 EC, I could only achieve 1.8 by lowered the A&B. I did notice some nutrient burn across all plants, but this was sorted once I got the EC reader and began giving less A&B.

Any help is appreciated.
908254E5-C69E-4B2F-AD2A-6C5BC6F64761.jpeg
CE257965-B586-4F93-95AF-63B3F6E3B520.jpeg

They look okay in the pictures as far as I can tell.

Yeah dude, it wasn’t a heavy droop, just slight like last time when I watered. I would of watered tonight I was just a bit busy and they were a little heavier than I would of liked. I’m not worried about the drooping. If I’m worried I’ll always take pictures without the HPS and close up, just like the post I just added. Any advise on that would be appreciated.

Hey Kimber yeah and those new pictures looks like nutrient burn to me. It doesn't really really look like a Cal mag deficiency to me.I don't think you should really be adding that it might be doing more harm than good. When did you water last? Did this all start since the last watering when you started using the EC metre? Maybe it's not calibrated properly?

Hey Kimber yeah and those new pictures looks like nutrient burn to me. It doesn't really really look like a Cal mag deficiency to me.I don't think you should really be adding that it might be doing more harm than good. When did you water last? Did this all start since the last watering when you started using the EC metre? Maybe it's not calibrated properly?

The tips I’m not so concerned about. I’ve got this across all plants and had it before I gave them calmag. When I saw it I purposely ordered an EC reader to get an idea of how high it was. Since lowering my EC the tips haven’t got any worse, if anything a lot of them have stopped curling down so I can only thing the lowering of the EC has helped with this.

On this 1 plant, yellowing can be seen on the larger leaves, it’s very faint and from nutrient deficiency charts it looks like magnesium, just trying to get a confirmation.

My understanding and correct me if I’m wrong is burn will continue spreader from the tip up the leaf? This hasn’t progressed since the last watering 5 days ago, it appeared a couple days after transplant when I saturated them 13 days ago and gave nutrients, CalMag was not included in these nutrients.

I can confirm my EC reader and PH reader are near enough perfect, i calibrate often and they are both of good quality.

But just to confirm, the tips I am not concerned about, it’s the larger leaves them selfs with slight yellowing on them. I’ve attached a photo of the diagram I am looking at which I think makes it look like a magnesium deficiency, problem is a lot of the deficiencies look similar.
81206595-8760-42D0-B4DD-BF91AA7B0C1A.jpeg

Maybe @Emilya will have a look.
I see the signs of overwatering still... I saw some pictures with good lift a while back... but that extreme drooping on several plants at once in the room tells me that the bottom roots are in trouble and that it is something in common with all of the plants. This last picture with the clawing and the deep deep green says she has been getting too many nutes, and because excess Nitrogen can cause a lockout of potassium and copper the damage being seen down low is from the K lockout and the light coloring starting in the new growth tips and edges appears to be the start of a copper deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom