I agree with auto. At the very least, you have identified something that can be improved upon. Do you have a fan in your tent? When mine was running hotter even just circulating the air around seemed to lower the average temp and keep the plants happier. Just thinking out loud. This would help if you didn't vent out of the room and maybe if you have flexibility with the door at all.

Edit: I see you fan disregard. But I think dialing your temps in will help you out. Just a matter of how now.

I do have fans in the tent. 2 of them. Do you think it’s worth turning these off?

I do have fans in the tent. 2 of them. Do you think it’s worth turning these off?

No, I think circulating air is good. I was thinking more of using them to keep temps cooler in the tent if you don't vent out of the room. Maybe turning them off when your lights are off if it is still cooler

I have exhaust fan on a timer so it exhaust every 45 mins for 15 mins...that may reduce the noise to 15 mins at a time....just an idea, this is what i do as if i have it on 24/7 it gets as cold as my basement

I have exhaust fan on a timer so it exhaust every 45 mins for 15 mins...that may reduce the noise to 15 mins at a time....just an idea, this is what i do as if i have it on 24/7 it gets as cold as my basement

Yeah that’s a good idea and a lot cheaper than some of the fan speed controllers I was looking at. I’ve got a spare timer so I’ll give this a try once I get home.

Thanks

No, I think circulating air is good. I was thinking more of using them to keep temps cooler in the tent if you don't vent out of the room. Maybe turning them off when your lights are off if it is still cooler

Yeah unfortunately with the HPS lights if I don’t vent out the room it becomes way too hot for even the fans to help. I have tried this with a large window open and still I just couldn’t get it under control without venting.

Worst bit is that it took a while last grow to resolve the heat problems I was facing, and now I’m struggling with cold temperatures instead, it’s a right pain in the a**

Haha oooh yes I had the exact same issue and the only way round it was by spending an additional couple hundred quid and upping my electricity build per month to run a bloody heater but that's cos I'm out in a shed with temps dropping to -4°c lol!

So I got myself a temp controlled fan controller. Attaching this to my exhaust fan allowed me to set the minimum fan speed (just enough for negative pressure) but the extraction would kick in when temps got too high. So now that's in I'm not sucking all the warm air out way too quickly than what is needed. P.s. if you dont like noise these make a humming sound and tbh one of the noisiest things in the room. Just depends on how much your turning the fan down the more resistance its putting out the louder it gets.

I then put my intake fan and positioned it on the top of my tent rather than on the floor, hot air rises and believe it or not it helped and kept my room a degree better off. This is also on a timer so it cuts off when the lights go off.

You have to circulate your air the more fresh air/new air you can pull into the tent the better within reason. So I'd 100% open that door.

Keep all your ducting as straight as possible and get insulated ducting this not only helps with noise but warm air will be cooled if its bouncing off the sides of the ducting.

Quality of intake/exhaust fan, if you have really cheap fans made of flimsy plastic its gunna resonate sounds and the motors are normally louder.

Last resort but it still doesnt help the fact that with the temps being low, water wont evaporate etc....but there is a newish product from vistalink which is called chill, which protects the plant and tricks it into thinking its warmer than it is.

Noise side of things point any intake or extraction away from the door apart from what your doing you already done the sound proof foam.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200122-093907_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200122-093907_Samsung Internet.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20200122-094027_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200122-094027_Samsung Internet.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20200122-094053_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200122-094053_Samsung Internet.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 22
Haha oooh yes I had the exact same issue and the only way round it was by spending an additional couple hundred quid and upping my electricity build per month to run a bloody heater but that's cos I'm out in a shed with temps dropping to -4°c lol!

So I got myself a temp controlled fan controller. Attaching this to my exhaust fan allowed me to set the minimum fan speed (just enough for negative pressure) but the extraction would kick in when temps got too high. So now that's in I'm not sucking all the warm air out way too quickly than what is needed. P.s. if you dont like noise these make a humming sound and tbh one of the noisiest things in the room. Just depends on how much your turning the fan down the more resistance its putting out the louder it gets.

I then put my intake fan and positioned it on the top of my tent rather than on the floor, hot air rises and believe it or not it helped and kept my room a degree better off. This is also on a timer so it cuts off when the lights go off.

You have to circulate your air the more fresh air/new air you can pull into the tent the better within reason. So I'd 100% open that door.

Keep all your ducting as straight as possible and get insulated ducting this not only helps with noise but warm air will be cooled if its bouncing off the sides of the ducting.

Quality of intake/exhaust fan, if you have really cheap fans made of flimsy plastic its gunna resonate sounds and the motors are normally louder.

Last resort but it still doesnt help the fact that with the temps being low, water wont evaporate etc....but there is a newish product from vistalink which is called chill, which protects the plant and tricks it into thinking its warmer than it is.

Noise side of things point any intake or extraction away from the door apart from what your doing you already done the sound proof foam.

Yeah I guess I can’t bring myself to get a heater due to knowing how easily I can heat the room up, it’s just finding the balance.

Yeah as I mentioned above, a fan controller was something I considered. You can get silent ones which I know cost a fair bit more, I know the work differently than the cheaper ones. The price put me off because I didn’t want to spend out on one with noise, I know it would annoy me, so if I were to get one it’d have to be the pricy ones.

Yeah my intake fan sits on sound proof foam as to not cause any vibration on the wooden floor. I’ll look into putting it on the tent. Is your extraction also on a timer with the intake fan? I’m assuming it would be to stop the tent imploding?

Opening the door is not the long term solution I’m after. I do have family and friends around at times who aren’t aware. I’m happy to have a window wide open and when it’s open I have no issue with the amount of fresh air entering the room, it’s just the temp side of things at the moment.

Yeah I use combi ducting, than tin foil shit was awful, sounded like someone was eating a bag of crisps with the rustling. Yeah my ducting is as short as possible with as little turns as possible.

I use RVK fans. From what I can gather online they are a good brand. With some test I saw online they performed quite well with noise.

Yeah my extraction enters the attic, so no noise from that.

Thank you for all the advise, it seems the majority I’m doing already. Think the fan controller is the way forward for me. It allows me to keep the door closed and also will lower the noise of both fans, will just have to put out some money for a good one.

Yeah I guess I can’t bring myself to get a heater due to knowing how easily I can heat the room up, it’s just finding the balance.

Yeah as I mentioned above, a fan controller was something I considered. You can get silent ones which I know cost a fair bit more, I know the work differently than the cheaper ones. The price put me off because I didn’t want to spend out on one with noise, I know it would annoy me, so if I were to get one it’d have to be the pricy ones.

Yeah my intake fan sits on sound proof foam as to not cause any vibration on the wooden floor. I’ll look into putting it on the tent. Is your extraction also on a timer with the intake fan? I’m assuming it would be to stop the tent imploding?

Opening the door is not the long term solution I’m after. I do have family and friends around at times who aren’t aware. I’m happy to have a window wide open and when it’s open I have no issue with the amount of fresh air entering the room, it’s just the temp side of things at the moment.

Yeah I use combi ducting, than tin foil shit was awful, sounded like someone was eating a bag of crisps with the rustling. Yeah my ducting is as short as possible with as little turns as possible.

I use RVK fans. From what I can gather online they are a good brand. With some test I saw online they performed quite well with noise.

Yeah my extraction enters the attic, so no noise from that.

Thank you for all the advise, it seems the majority I’m doing already. Think the fan controller is the way forward for me. It allows me to keep the door closed and also will lower the noise of both fans, will just have to put out some money for a good one.
Rvk are good quality mate I have the same nice and thick housing.
With my set up my extraction stays on 24/7 but the intake only on with lights on. I have set the tent up so with the intake off that there is enough negative pressure but not enough to pull the tent in too much (I use the tailored holes for cables and ducting in the tent to add more airflow) but still enough to prevent smell. But then still enough going out the tent when intake is on that the tent doesnt go like a balloon. It's a really delicate balance and took be about 2 weeks to get it where I wanted it. At one point i had all the string pull holes done up with the excretion system full beans and no intake fan! Poor tent didn't stand a chance haha!

Sounds like what I nearly did. Someone advised me I didn’t need an inlet fan right when I was setting up. I was trying the extract fan with just one of the strings not tightened up. My tent nearly imploded in about 5 seconds lol. I’d hate to have just one running, I don’t think I would be able to leave the tent, I’d be worrying about it imploding all of a sudden.

My lights are off now and I’m sat at 19.1, which I’m happy with, wouldn’t mind 20 though, but with this cold weather I can deal with 19.1. When the light comes on I’ll put my extraction into the attic and I’ll leave the door open to keep the tent warmer. I tried it earlier with the light on and it went up to 22, which is a lot better I guess. Would still prefer around 24 with lights on.

I’m going to take another look into fan controllers I thibk.

Temp is 26.1 with lights on now. Humidity is at 49%

Let’s see how the plants respond to this.

Plants are now going through around 1000ml a day. This was more like 500-600 a week ago so I’m sure this must mean the roots are getting better. With the low temperatures the last few days I’m sure they slowed down a bit too, will be interesting to see how to get on with the temp a bit higher.

Day 32,

Plants are continuing to drink water at a faster pace.

Plants are looking better now. After checking photos from a week ago I hadn’t realised just how much the plants have grown.

Sunday will be the day I switch. I’ll go straight to 12/12 and will consider the 1st day of flower to be a week later.

I’ve got one plant just dragging behind the rest. It’s unfortunate but it is growing, i just hope it’s big enough to flower ok.

You’ll notice the second picture has one droopy small plant, this was watered tonight so I don’t expect it to pop back up until tomorrow, this is the one mentioned above, the smaller one.

05821EDB-3524-41E5-ABB2-986B97165656.jpeg
233B30BF-BE42-4B7F-8949-2DB6E27E8278.jpeg

I’ve uploaded photos of 3 different plants. I’ll try keep them separate so I can get an idea on each one. Note, it’s 1 hour before the light goes off, so they are drooping a tad, but it’s just because the light is due to go off soon.

Plant number 1.
This plant has shown these signs for weeks. With my overwatering issues I just assumed it was because of that, however I’ve taken careful steps to ensure I’m through this. The plant is drinking just as much water as the other healthier looking plants. The leaves are bubbling up on the edges and some have curled tips. The leaves feel like sandpaper, very rough.

6059BA4B-4B70-4757-9A0D-472AEA80B56D.jpeg
B8C8AD13-CCD0-42A3-9981-35B41E1F0F86.jpeg
BA3AFC97-CBF4-4D7A-BEE7-8F0634218BC0.jpeg
394F5077-3815-45B5-8DFE-50C4F68B44D3.jpeg

Plant 3

Please note there are more photos above about 2 other problems I’m facing.

This is the worse plant for small yellow spots, but the majority have small spots like this, even if it’s just 1 or 2, they have some.

2A4858EF-6A7F-4126-83AE-413DB9A85747.jpeg
2FAAC298-656D-49EE-9360-9AEE4CCEB5A5.jpeg
325ECA43-891C-4FC6-9CB4-0893E5D79B9B.jpeg
48D93D38-A397-4628-9071-48384DDD7170.jpeg
68FEACD1-E216-4D70-9A72-4EC7067172B2.jpeg

What's the pH of your nutrients when you are feeding?

Nutrients are given anywhere from 5.8 to 6.5.

I’m addling 2ml of calmag, it does say to add 5ml but it was raising my EC levels to crazy high levels and I didn’t know if giving it the recommended 5ml would burn the plant.

This looks like bug damage to me... mites is my first thought

Which plant particular? I’ve inspected them up close, under every leaf and can’t see any signs of any bugs/mites. I’m using a magnifying glass to check as well.

The splits on the plant are almost symmetrical on the damaged leafs, and they started like this when small, and have grown in the same shape. Weirdly it doesn’t look like any leaf is actually missing on the splits, it’s just very dry and cracks easy. This is mainly seen on just 1 plant, not sure if I’d expect to see this across them all?

Hey Kimber if 6.5 is the highest you're going with the pH that might be an issue. Magnesium can you get locked out at below 6.5 if I was you I would fluctuate my pH levels on waterings from 6.3 to 6.8. now emelia thought it was bug damage possibly mites did you have a really close look for any pests you will probably have to use some magnification.pH_chart7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom