Gorilla Cookies Auto ViparSpectra P2000

Houston, we have a problem…

I know there is an image floating around here somewhere that shows what leaves look like for different reasons. Will do some digging but this is what I came home to today.

I’ve not made any changes except for adding the additional light over the weekend . And I switched from GeoFlora Veg to Bloom 11 days ago.

Just happening on 1 plant

IMG_1238.jpeg

IMG_1239.jpeg

IMG_1240.jpeg

It looks like a calcium deficiency to me...
With the second light added, that plant may now need a bit more calcium-
A little cal-mag will probably fix you right up- those leaves won't heal, but it should stop progressing.
It might take 3 or 4 days to notice results, so be patient👍

It looks like a calcium deficiency to me...
With the second light added, that plant may now need a bit more calcium-
A little cal-mag will probably fix you right up- those leaves won't heal, but it should stop progressing.
It might take 3 or 4 days to notice results, so be patient👍
Thanks for the suggestion there @Carcass will grab some cal-mag. Looks like I can get FoxFarms bush doctor cal-mag here tomorrow.

Also reading up on this product it says to “maintain a pH range of 5.6 – 6.8. A pH outside this range can impact the availability of calcium and magnesium.” My water is 8.2 so I might need to grab some sort of buffer to get a lower ph moving forward as well. I am pretty sure I have something for that in my brew gear that should do the trick.

That reminds me I was supposed to do a test for @Virgin Ground and leave my water out for 24 hours to see if the ph lowers as our water is pretty much the same water. Will do that test this weekend :)

I used to use white vinegar to lower the ph, but since I started using ProMix HP, I haven't had to adjust pH at all for the last two years or so... it's buffered with lime, and the buffering actually does what it's supposed to do...
A lot of folks don't like vinegar for pH down, but I never had any problems with it ..

Day 40

They are still cruising along. I gave the one that is showing signs of calcium deficiency a dose of cal-mag yesterday. Tomorrow is time for more nutes and today I grabbed some ph down. Will start to buffer down their water moving forward to 5.5.

IMG_1257.jpeg

IMG_1260.jpeg

IMG_1259.jpeg

IMG_1258.jpeg

Will start to buffer down their water moving forward to 5.5.
5.5 is a little low- 6.3 would be better, unless you're in coco, or your nutes specify 5.5...

Ok that works. Was just going off of what I read on a random site. Thanks for the info. I’m using GeoFlora nutes and they don’t specify any ph.

I’m also going to do some trimming this weekend and get rid of those leaves that have the spots on them.

Day 42:

Starting to see some color change in the flowers on one plant, the other seems to be a tad behind. They look completely different from each other.

Got some ph down, gave them nutes and watered at a ph of 6.4. They are still truck’n. I also picked up a “macro” lens for the phone. Works ok ish. I need to find my lens back for my old dslr and actually grab a couple good shots.

IMG_1292.jpeg

IMG_1290.jpeg

IMG_1286.jpeg

IMG_1281.jpeg

All caught up.

Plants are looking good. Some of those macro pics would be good contenders for the PhOTM contest. Very pretty.

What soil medium are you using with your GeoFlora?

Edit: Nevermind the last question.
I saw that you are using FFoF for soil.

Day 47

They are starting to beef up a bit. Added some additional nutes today as they are looking a tad pale. One of them doesn’t look to far off from done. The other looks to be about 1-2 weeks behind.

IMG_1309.jpeg

IMG_1308.jpeg

IMG_1307.jpeg

IMG_1310.jpeg

IMG_1311.jpeg

IMG_1312.jpeg

One of the 2 plants has gone light green. Wondering if they aren’t getting enough nutes. I sprinkled a little more of the GeoFlora bloom on them on Friday hoping it would help but have not noticed much of a difference.

IMG_1326.jpeg

I sprinkled a little more of the GeoFlora bloom on them on Friday
You might consider trying a little (1/2 cup) GeoFlora Veg on that plant- more N, so more likely to help with the yellowing.
Any (hopefully positive) results will take 5 or 6 days to show...
She looks real healthy, other than that damn yellow...I'm no stranger to yellowing leaves..don't like 'em at all...

Hey now KeOncp,
Nice garden! Looking good. I know Im late to the party, but I'm gonna tag along for the finally.

I currently got two ladies going in Fox farms ocean forest and using geoflora nutes for the first time.
Hey there @Ramblinrose1965 glad to have you along :)
You might consider trying a little (1/2 cup) GeoFlora Veg on that plant- more N, so more likely to help with the yellowing.
Any (hopefully positive) results will take 5 or 6 days to show...
She looks real healthy, other than that damn yellow...I'm no stranger to yellowing leaves..don't like 'em at all...
@Carcass I will give that a try. I also have some MegaCrop coming on Wednesday for my next grow that I might add into the mix to try and get back on track.

Day 54

They are getting stinky! Have another exhaust fan and scrubber coming to create negative pressure to try and eliminate some of the smell :)

I have been trying to get the light green to go away on the one plant. @Virgin Ground and @Carcass have been kind enough to point me in the right direction. I’ve added a little bit more of the GeoFlora Veg to try and green her back up and yesterday started with MegaCrop to try and get things back on track. They are looking healthy other than that and the buds are starting to build up nicely as well.

I also just realized that I haven’t measured my Ppfd in a few weeks and I might need to raise the lights a bit as the lower plant is at 1500 and the taller plant 2200 ppfd!
IMG_1339.jpeg

IMG_1342.jpeg

IMG_1340.jpeg

IMG_1341.jpeg

Hey now KeOncp,
Nice garden! Looking good. I know Im late to the party, but I'm gonna tag along for the finally.

I currently got two ladies going in Fox farms ocean forest and using geoflora nutes for the first time.
@Ramblinrose1965 i meant to ask, do you have a grow journal going for your current grow?

@Ramblinrose1965 i meant to ask, do you have a grow journal going for your current grow?
Unfortunately, I do not have one for this grow.

I am getting ready to flip the girls Lucy and Bertha into flower. I saw you use Megacrop as a supplement with GeoFlora. Are there any other supplements you use for flowering?

Unfortunately, I do not have one for this grow.

I am getting ready to flip the girls Lucy and Bertha into flower. I saw you use Megacrop as a supplement with GeoFlora. Are there any other supplements you use for flowering?
I also had to add in some cal-mag a couple of times. It’s been a learning lesson this grow.

I think my next round might go a little smoother, though this grow hasn’t really been all that difficult honestly, just learning lots :)

I’m finding I like the idea of water soluble nutes over the “slow release” style that GeoFlora is. Time will only tell on the results but in certainty having a problem getting my feeding schedule in line with what the plants actually need. This is why I’m making the switch over to the MegaCrop :)

Back
Top Bottom