GivenToFly's Soil - OG Kush & Black Jesus OG - Mars Hydro 1200

Question: what does everybody use or any suggestions on devices or processes that you use to water and/or mix nutes that works for you?I've been using gallon jugs. That's becoming very tedious and inefficient.

I was eyeballing some 3 gallon sprayers at lowes but I thought I would ask the pros what they are using. Tried to search but I'm not getting the intel that i require.

GivenToFly's Soil - OG Kush & Black Jesus OG - Mars Hydro 1200

Well im far from a pro but I use 1/2 gallon, 1 gallon and 1.5 gallon containers. Its easy cause its little to no math for doing conversions for mixing. I just water/ feed till i see run off then dump and keep going. Maybe you can use a couple 5 gallon buckets for mixing and feeding. I think what you may be after is a drip irrigation system where you can adjust flow rate etc. You'll just need a large enough reservoir.

Re: GivenToFly's Soil - OG Kush & Black Jesus OG - Mars Hydro 1200

:goodjob:everytime when i give water to my plants,i just give them as many as i can,then those extra water will go out of the container through the holes at the bottom.....i'm not good at math to caculate.....
Well im far from a pro but I use 1/2 gallon, 1 gallon and 1.5 gallon containers. Its easy cause its little to no math for doing conversions for mixing. I just water/ feed till i see run off then dump and keep going. Maybe you can use a couple 5 gallon buckets for mixing and feeding. I think what you may be after is a drip irrigation system where you can adjust flow rate etc. You'll just need a large enough reservoir.

:goodjob:everytime when i give water to my plants,i just give them as many as i can,then those extra water will go out of the container through the holes at the bottom.....i'm not good at math to caculate.....

How do you feed then?

How do you feed then?

I was mixing nutes when you asked me that ! Funny! Good morning!
We'll get back to that.....

These secondary shoots? Is my terminology right? Off the main stem. Anyways , having to tie those down for the first time!!

420-magazine-mobile1491806756.jpg

Week 8

75°/43%rh

Girls got to eat yesterday. 3 gallons/3ml FNG/3ml Cal Mag/6.0-6.2ph

Did some more training on all of them yesterday. Crazy the amount of growth day to day. Didn't do any defol other than making sure nothing was blocking sun or air.

Yesterday afternoon after LST and feeding.
420-magazine-mobile1711476469.jpg

This morning
420-magazine-mobile1950689155.jpg

Everyone have a good Wednesday!

Peace!

I would start thinking about the early lollipop my friend. I don't know your set up but my plants tend to do the best in my set up when I lollipop my veg plants early. I only leave 4-6" of green on top everything below I take off. I give it another week or two then the stretch during flowering fills it right back in for me.

I would start thinking about the early lollipop my friend. I don't know your set up but my plants tend to do the best in my set up when I lollipop my veg plants early. I only leave 4-6" of green on top everything below I take off. I give it another week or two then the stretch during flowering fills it right back in for me.

I like that Rooster, thank you! Can you be more specific? 4-6" on top?

Meaning make a decision on some of that small growth that probably won't make it to the surface before flowering?

Maybe I will do one of the OGK tonight and take a pic and you can tell me if I got it right. I understand the term and I've seen pics but the pics tend to be stretchier than mine.

Thanks for the suggestion!!

420-magazine-mobile682787166.jpg
I just hacked this gorilla bomb up to give you an example.
So I strip every thing down. I only leave like I said 4-6" of green on top. It looks poor after the lollipop.
420-magazine-mobile1979459214.jpg

Buttttttt I will now transplant it. Leave it in veg for a week or two and then flip it to flower. As an example this is not the same plant but the same strain. And this gorilla bomb looked almost identical 3 weeks ago. But notice the stretch filled all the top right back in.
420-magazine-mobile925938393.jpg
rather than the plant struggling to stretch the lower growth and put buds on stems that aren't getting adequate light you will in turn explode all the tops and receive more. Continue training too. Using both methods will help your yield.

420-magazine-mobile682787166.jpg
I just hacked this gorilla bomb up to give you an example.
So I strip every thing down. I only leave like I said 4-6" of green on top. It looks poor after the lollipop.
420-magazine-mobile1979459214.jpg

Buttttttt I will now transplant it. Leave it in veg for a week or two and then flip it to flower. As an example this is not the same plant but the same strain. And this gorilla bomb looked almost identical 3 weeks ago. But notice the stretch filled all the top right back in.
420-magazine-mobile925938393.jpg
rather than the plant struggling to stretch the lower growth and put buds on stems that aren't getting adequate light you will in turn explode all the tops and receive more. Continue training too. Using both methods will help your yield.

Yours looks vastly different than mine. Logistically, its confusing to the first time grower. I'll give it a shot, I think I got it.

Thanks man!

Plants are looking awesome.. really excited to see the buds that 1200 produces. I'll be purchasing the mars 2 900. Just in time to flower my girls!!!:thumb:

Thanks man! Appreciate it!

It's funny, the 3 OGK love the light!!! But the Black Jesus did not. I tried it at 24", which I believe mars suggests 18-24" during veg, and they were curling bad. I have it at 27" now from the tallest plant.

Thanks man! Appreciate it!

It's funny, the 3 OGK love the light!!! But the Black Jesus did not. I tried it at 24", which I believe mars suggests 18-24" during veg, and they were curling bad. I have it at 27" now from the tallest plant.

That's something you learn with each strain. It will love the light it's just a matter of when. I run 2 lights in veg normally. A high output t5 and a mars 300.
Some strains like the t5 much better for a longer duration. They all seem to like the t5 better as cuttings seedlings and small veg plants led is too much at that life stage.

Before outdoor season starts I run 2 high output t5s 2 Mars 300 and a 400w metal halide. Mars is by far stronger than the metal halide.

The Rooster - I also am using the mars 300 for veg, along with a galaxy hydro 300. Happy with both, they do a good job vegging for my tent. And even after I get the new lamp, I think I will continue to use these 2 leds for veg, and use the higher wattage light for flower. At least that way all the lamps should last longer, since there not used the whole cycle..

The Rooster - I also am using the mars 300 for veg, along with a galaxy hydro 300. Happy with both, they do a good job vegging for my tent. And even after I get the new lamp, I think I will continue to use these 2 leds for veg, and use the higher wattage light for flower. At least that way all the lamps should last longer, since there not used the whole cycle..

What are you getting for a flower light? I use a p4-xml2 from platinum and a Mars 300 supplemental

Back
Top Bottom