GivenToFly's Soil - OG Kush & Black Jesus OG - Mars Hydro 1200

420-magazine-mobile682787166.jpg
I just hacked this gorilla bomb up to give you an example.
So I strip every thing down. I only leave like I said 4-6" of green on top. It looks poor after the lollipop.
420-magazine-mobile1979459214.jpg

Buttttttt I will now transplant it. Leave it in veg for a week or two and then flip it to flower. As an example this is not the same plant but the same strain. And this gorilla bomb looked almost identical 3 weeks ago. But notice the stretch filled all the top right back in.
420-magazine-mobile925938393.jpg
rather than the plant struggling to stretch the lower growth and put buds on stems that aren't getting adequate light you will in turn explode all the tops and receive more. Continue training too. Using both methods will help your yield.

Ok. How am I looking now?

So it almost looks like I should have knocked off node 2 on all the mains early on and that would have prevented these super bushy tops that's like 4 in one?

OG kush before

420-magazine-mobile1175637750.jpg

Og kush after
420-magazine-mobile1094059197.jpg

Please, constructive criticism. What would you have done different? When should I have done it different? Maybe not different as to say wrong but different style.

ThAnk you all for being here!!

:circle-of-love:You can place order on our official website with the coupon code:sara
I will be purchasing the Mars hydro Mars 2 900. Eventually I'll have a perpetual grow going on with 2 tents. Both 300's in the veg tent. And the 900 in the flower tent, along with 2 mostly red spectrum 150 watt ufo's for supplemental light..

Last day of week 8
75°/45%rh

Still thinking we got a couple weeks of veg. I hit both BJOG with a pretty strong defol this morning. Both of the BJOG look kinda scraggly and dopey(pun intended!!) but they seem healthy other than being branchy. Very long though!

As I was doing the defol I noticed a strong B.O. smell and I actually smelled myself first and it wasn't me!!! These girls stink!!

BJOG before
420-magazine-mobile1074826259.jpg

BJOG after
420-magazine-mobile1368477509.jpg

Once you defol a couple times you get a really clear understanding of the anatomy. It never really made since until I see it all happening. I got a lot of good notes for round 2. I won a free pack off seeds off a giveaway on IG. Some Archenstone GSC. NO IDEA but it seems legit.

Anyways.

BJOG 2 before

420-magazine-mobile451245517.jpg

BJOG after
420-magazine-mobile1886996341.jpg

Oh my. This OG Kush is just a beast!! I did a much better job with the training on these than the BJOG. They just make it easy!

OG Kush before
420-magazine-mobile50193860.jpg

OG Kush after
420-magazine-mobile52740623.jpg

The OGK I did 2 days ago are in the bottom of the photo. Crazy how they fill in so fast!!!

420-magazine-mobile1321440107.jpg

Appreciate everyone's participation and feedback. It's been amazing and really guided this grow!

Let's look at a calendar .........

:) we're waiting for them to blow up! I think you could flower in a week. Give them ample time to recover from the stress you just gave them and then flip em.

Thanks Rooster! I'm watching the calendar here as I type.

What's the school of thought between transition between Grow nutes and bloom nutes? The feed schedule I have been following has an immediate flip from FloraNova Grow to Bloom. I am thinking 50% Grow/50% bloom, water, then 100% bloom.

It's an exciting time to be alive brother!

Thanks Rooster! I'm watching the calendar here as I type.

What's the school of thought between transition between Grow nutes and bloom nutes? The feed schedule I have been following has an immediate flip from FloraNova Grow to Bloom. I am thinking 50% Grow/50% bloom, water, then 100% bloom.

It's an exciting time to be alive brother!

Not sure I has I have never followed the flora nova recipe as I have never used it.
I'm in the process of running general hydroponics for a few months. Then switching to something else if I don't like what I see. I'm thinking a local organic liquid nutrient company which is expensive but worthy will be my next investment.

I also run a cycle grow so it shouldn't be long for me to be able to see a difference. Although sometimes it takes a while to see the effects on a certain strain. I harvest weekly so it might be 6-8 weeks before. Certain strain comes back up. I pull one out of flower and stick one in flower every week. But with the amount of strains I run it can take a bit before I see the effects on that particular strain. For instance the gorilla bomb loves the nutes I can feed her hard. Candy kush fast however does not like them at all. I over fed the first one which upset me because I could crush fruit loops in one hand and rub a nug in the other and not tell the difference. But it got the same nute regimen the gorilla bomb got and I blew it into bho material... We all make mistakes. Best thing I can tell you is under feed. I only make mistakes when I "think" I can squeeze some extra something because it looks like it's behind schedule. Sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't. But I know that when I under feed I never blow a harvest

I ve got the schedule, it is recommended when you go into flower the first week is 50/50. After that then its all bloom. There is a number of nutes that accompany the grow and bloom formulas too.

420-magazine-mobile1888586029.jpg

This is a hydro platform but you can get an idea for how to use the nutes. Sorry i couldnt find the exact one i printed out.

Week 9
75°/42%rh

Girls took 4 gallons this morning instead of the normal 3!! Had to make an emergency run and grab a gallon of water!! The first 3 gallons 6.2-6.3 for the first 4 girls. Then OGK 2 got her own gallon of 5.9.

How often does everyone test their soil? It would be easy enough to do every watering but if you're not seeing any issues is it really necessary every time? Monthly seems ok on my scale. Again, if it ain't broke don't fix it. KISS

Anyways here are my results. Seems the input is close to or same as output. Good data.

420-magazine-mobile1270195759.jpg

All the sexy ladies smile!!!
420-magazine-mobile1669128367.jpg

Back
Top Bottom