GivenToFly's Soil - OG Kush & Black Jesus OG - Mars Hydro 1200

Day 45
Week 7
77°/40%
Light 24"
Tallest plant 5-6". All very close to the same

Everyone seems to be recovering and dealing with the LST fine. Tied down a couple last night and did a little defol where is was a little too leafy. No issues.

Here are the ladies this morning.

420-magazine-mobile54810275.jpg

The height is simple its x2 multiplication. And the height youre considering is from the top of the plant not the top of the container (just being specific). In my current grow, "WeedBonsai" i moved to a lower and wider container to give me just a bit more vertical height. Im gonna grow the tops to 12" above the container and push.

If my plant ends up 30" total i should still have plenty of room for the lights. Im playing it safe until i see what a mature version of this strain will do.

Its really up to you, but i think youve got time, id let those tops get some vertical height continue LST and hope the node spacing stays tight. When it gets to 12"s above container then consider your options.

There's a couple of guys on here who've had some real nice harvests out of 3 gallon pots. One of them was actually surprised at his root ball, or lack of, at the end of his harvest. Either way you'll prolly be good to go. I'm not sure how much space you have but 5 gallon containers are taller than 3 and that will reduce the finishing height of your plant, depending on various other factors or course; Scrog, LST, Mainline, etc.

How long do you plan to veg for?

I've had this one going for about 3 months now and she came out of a 5 gallon pot.

IMG_8319_LR_Copy.jpg

Here she is still in her 5 gallon and nowhere close to root bound.

420-magazine-mobile858920688.jpg

I say why not fill the floor space with a nice canopy as they grow bigger. Looking good what ever you decide. regards

Thank you! That is what I want to do but I keep coming back to the 3 gallon containers not being enough capacity.

To Agemon's point. The 5 gal containers will be bigger which could be detrimental later. Or, since these genetics are not supposed to stretch much, it would be ok.

Well, it's only a mistake if you don't learn something, right?! One way or another, I will learn something. Which is a positive!

Thanks guys! Can't wait to check in on the Audrey's tonight. They should be ready for a drink.

✌️

Day 49
Week 7
75°/45%rh

Here's a pic of the girls this morning. Did some heavy defol and LST last night but forgot to bring my camera to the garden so no before or after. Can't really tell this morning. They had a big drink of water. 3 gallons, 6.5-6.8ph. Lookin happy.

I am going all the way with the 3 gallons containers. The pedal is on the floor! Let's go!

Think 2 more weeks will fill that floor? I think so.

Happy Friday everyone!

✌️

420-magazine-mobile1844324934.jpg

Day 49
Week 7
75°/45%rh

Here's a pic of the girls this morning. Did some heavy defol and LST last night but forgot to bring my camera to the garden so no before or after. Can't really tell this morning. They had a big drink of water. 3 gallons, 6.5-6.8ph. Lookin happy.

I am going all the way with the 3 gallons containers. The pedal is on the floor! Let's go!

Think 2 more weeks will fill that floor? I think so.

Happy Friday everyone!

✌️

420-magazine-mobile1844324934.jpg
Looking good, im very impressed with the way the mars 1200 is flowering my girls, my girls have nice dence buds.. .

Getting some burnt tips on only the OGK that we will have to keep an eye on. Kinda looks like it could be from the light but I think that's doubtful since I'm out of the range the manufacturer recommends by only 2". Not sure it's nute burn since they haven't had any for over a week. It's only on the 3 OG Kush which are definitely the more aggressive growers. It's got to be some kind of deficiency either due to ph or just them wanting more food.

Opinions encouraged.

420-magazine-mobile517785261.jpg

I'm done counting days. I always begin to compose my entry and then have to cancel because like I cant remember what day I am on!!

Final day of week 7- it was awesome walking into the command center this morning and being able to flip that calendar to the 3rd month of grow notes!! Goes so fast! Still got a few months to go and I could not be more excited!! This experience has been amazing and I can't even believe that the best part of the journey is ahead!! That makes me so excited!

It is so relaxing to be spending an afternoon in the garden! Soothes the soul. Some good smoke( first time I've smoked with them!),the Beatles magical mystery tour, and some LST! That's a good Saturday right there!!!

The 3 OG Kush are on the left and Black Jesus on the right. I have been more aggressive with the LST on the OGK and I think it kinda shows. However, there is so much growth I uncovered on the BJOG that I think they may just blow up! Just hope they do it in the next couple weeks!!

Before

420-magazine-mobile1060211900.jpg

OGK 2
420-magazine-mobile204703780.jpg

OGK 2 after
420-magazine-mobile1176836153.jpg

OGK 3
420-magazine-mobile1767444678.jpg

OGK 3 after
420-magazine-mobile1915277595.jpg

OGK 1
420-magazine-mobile253380127.jpg

OGK 1 after
420-magazine-mobile1231481513.jpg

BJOG 2
420-magazine-mobile779915930.jpg

BJOG 2 after
420-magazine-mobile1212635717.jpg

BJOG 1 and only. Forgot to take "after" apparently.
420-magazine-mobile349549180.jpg

Final group shot! Everyone smile!
420-magazine-mobile617238259.jpg

This is my first go round at this but I have only great things to say with this light so far! Could only recommend. Tom, your grow is out of bounds!! Amazing job friend! I can't wait!!!
You will get there, your girls are looking great, you are also doing great job with the lst, i like your style, you are gonna have alot of colas with that even canopy you are keeping. One of my thc bombs has had them burnt tips just like yours for a long time, i thought it was light burn at first but i moved light up and didn't seem to help so im not sure what it is unless it could be nute burn, but you would think nute burn would start more on the bottom first. Oh well im not sure but one good thing is on my plant it has never got worse or anything and she has always been really healthy other than that, its never spread or anything either so if yours dont get know worse then i wouldn't worry to much about it.. .

Back
Top Bottom