GDB's Bubblegum Machine

Looks like there's room to tie the branches down and spread them out. Might need a pool noodle if you want it moveable though... :hmmmm:

Since you're only 19 days into flower you could also supercrop those three or four leaders to level the canopy.
All viable options, Shed.

However, a pool noodle is out. It sent the the lazy-meter into the Red Range. And I don't want to supercrop her because I don't want to slow her down at all.

I'm leaning on trying to spread her out as much as I can and using fishing weights to hold her in place. But she's gonna' take up some space if I do that! :)

Slide it toward the front of the tent and you have plenty of room front and back!
I'll find the space. But I'm not sure I'll find my fishing tackle box. Been a while since I've seen it! :laughtwo:

Hello growers.

I need to address the height of the Grape Ape clone because, like her mom, she grows apishly. :Rasta:

I adjusted the existing ties as much I possible to keep her down, but she had a few branches that were determined to keep heading north.

She wants to be taller than anything else in the tent. If I let her do that I'd probably have to raise the grow light and elevate everything else in the tent to then be close enough the light. I'd rather try to keep her down, if possible.

I had planned to just spread her as much I could and hold her branches down using fishing weights rather than supercrop her or try tie her down more. But couldn't find my tackle box, so no fishing gear.

So then I thought about just using rocks attached (duck taped) to pipe cleaners. But while I was looking for my rocks I noticed I had a bag of plant anchors and that the bag was pretty heavy.
IMG_4843.jpg

And that led to a combo of plant anchors and pipe cleaners, eventually leading to the GDBweights®. Thus, another new product introduction without any input from the bums that used to work in my R&D shop!:)

I made up a bunch of them using both single anchors and two anchors for each (Dbl anchors pictured below).
GDBWeights .jpg

I tested out a 2-anchor model on one of the branches of the clone and it looked like it would work okay.

Here's before (big arrow pointed to the branch tested):
GP clone 5-20-22 F22 before.JPG

And after (little arrow pointed to that same branch):
GA clone 5-20-22 wgt test.JPG

So I spread her out and made room in the tent to accommodate her by moving the other plants closer to the walls.
She's officially a "space hog" now. :Rasta:

Bgum tent 5-20=22 F20.JPG

This tent just keeps getting goofier looking! :)

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Excellent solution, GDB!
She  does need a little space now, but I'm sure you'll make it work...
She's  way beyond what a noodle could handle, but those anchors should do a great job!

Excellent solution, GDB!
She  does need a little space now, but I'm sure you'll make it work...
She's  way beyond what a noodle could handle, but those anchors should do a great job!
Thanks MrC!
I actually found a pool noodle in my basement amongst all the junk my wayward son left behind! It's yellow. Will go nicely with a black fabric pot. :)

Those lower bud sights will get as much sun now as the tops were on that plant. They'll develop and grow much better. It should yield really well.
That is my hope, Scrogdawg!

And thank you for stopping by. :Rasta:

Hello growers.

It's Flip + 21 for the Bubblegum Machine.

All got fed plain water + SNS 209 last night. The Bubblegum girls also got 4ml of Calmag(0-0-0).

It's getting harder to get all of them into a single camera shot, especially with the Grape Ape (front left) splayed all over the place!
Bubblegum tent 5-21-22 F21.jpg

Thanks for taking a look.

Peace.

Wonderful tent full of pom poms GDB! :cheer: Good luck wrangling those tall girls. I hear they can be a handful!
Thanks so much Heavenly! Sorry I forgot to respond earlier.

I don't care to deal with really tall plants, but I used to be able to handle the tall girls! :laughtwo:

Hello growers.

It's Flip + 23 for the Bubblegum Machine.

I took all of them out for solo pics tonight (this morning really). Actually, I took them out to feed them and ended up taking solo pics because I don't think I'm going to be taking them out a whole lot more. They're set up to be watered in place and I think I just might do that from here on. It's a little awkward for me at my height to keep getting them out. I must have banged my head on the grow light about 10 times already doing this before. Plus it takes some stamina, which I sense I'm getting low on since all my grows are basically a one-geezer operation. :)

Anyhow, all the plants seem happy and I have a pretty hard head so I'm fine.

Royal Queen Bubblegum XXL: she's much larger than her sister the "twin."
RQ Bgum XXL 5-23-22 F23.JPG

RQ Bubblegum twin: stunted growth but still a nice little plant.
RQ Bgum twin 5-23-22 F23.JPG

Kera Bubblegum: looks like she might develop some nicely stacked buds.
Kera Bgum XXL 5-23-22 F23.JPG

Black Cherry Pie: has really caught my eye. Not very large but she's got that "look."
Blk Cherry Pie 5-23-22 F23.JPG

Grape Ape clone: the GDBWeights® have worked to hold her down to the level of the other plants.
GA clone 5-23-22.JPG

Tent shot:
Bgum tent 5-23-22 F23.jpg

All got fed tonight/this morning. The Bgum girls with 4.75g of MC + 4ml of Calmag(0-0-0) + 8ml of SNS 209. The GA clone got another dose of @Prescription Blend Flowerweek3 + SNS 209.

And now its around 1:40am and I'm going to bed and see what happens. I think this night will be good for sleep because I feel so tired. At least I hope that's the case.

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

The ladies look great, GDB!
Your weights are working real well on the Grape Ape- nicely done!
Plus it takes some stamina, which I sense I'm getting low on since all my grows are basically a one-geezer operation. :)
My plant has been out of the box one time, and it's not happening again- I  really don't like lifting a wet 5 gallon pot back into that box...

Back
Top Bottom