Today was a good day for the girls they are trying their best to recover from their ailments. They got fed a full strength flower feed. It consists of 5 Tbsp of Power Bloom 2-8-4, 2 Tbsp of Mineralized Phosphate 0-9-0, and 8/3 Cups of EWC (thought it was my 1/2 Cup, nope 2/3 cup lol) watered in with 1.5liters of RO water. Both plants Brix line was pretty crisp so I'm hoping to confirm my suspicion that this new bag of EWC has higher Calcium content. If this is the case I will need to use less Dolomite lime water in my watering rotation.

Tent Shot
PXL_20240923_003202728.MP.jpg

Amelia, @North Atlantic Seed Co Bermuda Zour
PXL_20240923_001625868.MP.jpg

PXL_20240923_001615513.jpg

PXL_20240923_002526810.jpg

Elsa, Brothers Grimm Cap Junky x Princess Haze
PXL_20240923_001723030.MP.jpg

PXL_20240923_001652118.MP.jpg

PXL_20240923_002918419.MP.jpg

Outdoor purple punch
PXL_20240922_193751861.jpg

PXL_20240922_193747188.jpg
Looking good😊. Amelia looks like she could use a bit of calcium but still high enough brix to be safe🥰, Elsa is rocking the brix reading!👊, and that outdoor one looks potent!

It's pretty cool to actually be able to see which ones consume calcium faster and how calcium affects brix/overall health.

Looking good😊. Amelia looks like she could use a bit of calcium but still high enough brix to be safe🥰, Elsa is rocking the brix reading!👊, and that outdoor one looks potent!

It's pretty cool to actually be able to see which ones consume calcium faster and how calcium affects brix/overall health.
Yep I'm hoping to get Amelia back up towards 20 because she's tested there before. That flush really brought her number down. I wasn't giving but 40 ppm of Dolomite water every other week and got some lockout issues after getting this new bag of EWC.
Hows the brix on the Outdoor PP?
So this was an extra seed I popped and didn't have room for. I just set it outside in a half gallon pot. She's not organic but been getting Mega Crop as kind of trial run to see if I can grow with synthetics too lol. She's pretty frosty and smells nice.

Can you Brix synthetic plants as well?

Can you Brix synthetic plants as well?
You can. They don't usually brix very high, but you can still check and you can definitely watch her calcium levels to avoid an issue there. It would be cool to see what she reads, and then see if pests show up and what kind of pests they are.

Commercial EWC is all over the map, it is what they eat so...

It's actually why I started my own worm farm, I couldn't get consistent results with commercial EWC. I had a brand that I used for years that was fantastic and then it was gone and all other brands sucked so the wife got me a worm farm for a gift. Life's been good ever since.

Commercial EWC is screened pretty heavily so you get the EWC but it's rare to get much life with it, and barely a worm gets thru. Using my own has put worms in every pot in both my tent and my house. When I recycle my soil in tubs I find worms everywhere. They even hatch in my solo's when I pop seeds.

I have played with dolo water ppm's a fair bit and find that 70-75ppm seems to be the sweet spot.

I only grow sativa's for the most part but the BK cross I made for outdoor growing which is a 50/50 cross seems to require a fair bit more, so I leave it at 75ppm but use it every 2nd watering once flowering begins. That's dictated by the refractometer.

I'm not sure if that's an Indica thing or just the strains I crossed (11 Roses x Cinderella99) but it uses roughly twice as much over it's lifetime as the full sativa's do.

Flushing will definitely lower brix as calcium flushes out bigtime, it's heavy stuff and it gets really mobile in water. I try not to get runoff when I water for that reason, and also found that once your rootball fills out that constant proper moisture is way better than a wet/dry cycle.

I do let the surface dry out once every couple weeks just to see if the soil is crusting, but overall brix seem to be steadily higher if you can keep her damp.

You can. They don't usually brix very high, but you can still check and you can watch her calcium levels to avoid an issue there.

Commercial EWC is all over the map, it is what they eat. It's actually why I started my own worm farm, I couldn't get consistent results with commercial EWC.
So I'm thinking this is the way I'm heading, also to get rid of all these extra leaves and larf. Would a two tier be enough? Lol I only have 2 tents and a small raised garden bed.

So I'm thinking this is the way I'm heading, also to get rid of all these extra leaves and larf. Would a two tier be enough? Lol I only have 2 tents and a small raised garden bed.
I use a 4 tier Worm Farm 360 and it does 2 tents and some house plants. It gives me 4.5 gallons every 2 weeks, which slowly builds up until I rebuild my soils and add 25% EWC, then it gets low until it slowly builds up again just in time to rebuild soil again lol. I just had a 2nd one given to me so in a couple months I will have lots😊

I do grow extras purely to feed the worms with, which requires extra EWC, but it's hard to get enough kitchen scraps alone so it works better to grow plants in veg and constantly trim them until the pots run out of food, then chop and start a new pot.

Back
Top Bottom