Four Fine Fall Phillies

I'm still having trouble with the strawberry cough. What appears to be a lack in calcium could be misleading. Here's a pic of the original problem to help. It is getting worse. Not the whole plant but some of the whole meaning it's everywhere but not all the leaves.
I have the Cannabis Encyclopedia by Cervantes and found interesting a section on Phosphorus . I'm getting ahead of things. Let me start with what I've done since I posted the pic above.

First feed, I increased The Biothrive Grow to 75% for the next watering. Included in the feed was 15ml calmag, .6 m; Mammoth P, 8ml Humates, 3ml fish shit. She grew seemingly well but for very yellow new growth. No noticeable decline.

Second feed, I fed 20ml 100% Biothrive Grow, 20 ml calmag. I stopped all other additions now. I see more symptom leaves moving higher on the plant. Still growing pretty good in my eyes barring the very light new growth and the spots in the pic.

More Calcium doesn't seem to be the answer so I went to search more and found Cervantes notes. Phosphorus Excess can be "Confused with: A deficiency of Zinc, Iron, Magnesium, or Calcium . If his answer is correct, then he states to "raise the PH" so P will be harder to access than Calcium.

I'm a little lost. Second, if I do this, what would the raised ph be? 6.8? First, am I on the right track? She's not dying today but she's sick on her third day in flower. She's going to be thirsty later today and Cervantes also mentions P is difficult to flush out and he didn't recommend it.

Any thoughts please?

Edit: There's 3 others in the tent with no symptoms like this. All different.
Up that calcium buddy . She getting hungrier

Up that calcium buddy . She getting hungrier
Simple as that huh? So since my water has under 50 ppm and the cal mag says for a heavy feeding use 4 tsp/gal, You think I can use more? My first dose at full 4 tsp was the last one and I really don't think enough time has gone by to tell how she reacted. Have you used a higher dose than the recommended on the bottle?

Simple as that huh? So since my water has under 50 ppm and the cal mag says for a heavy feeding use 4 tsp/gal, You think I can use more? My first dose at full 4 tsp was the last one and I really don't think enough time has gone by to tell how she reacted. Have you used a higher dose than the recommended on the bottle?

Hey stone! I use Botanicare CalMag+ and it recommends 3-5mL for flowering plants with 5mL begins a heavy feed. I ended up raising it to 7mL/gal on my last grow cause my big EM girl was a hungry lady! She took it in stride and gobbled it up!

I would try to raise calmag once more and see how she is come next feeding. If she still needs an adjustment I would look at PH! I had a similar look on one of my WWa that I could just never get straightened out and it was a ph issue from Early flower

I have yes this grow being my first time bud .

Calcium and mag are big roles in flower along side potassium so lower n value keep your p on the middle area and k or potassium should be same as nitro at start of flower to lower N and keep k high . But one nutrient like calcium for example I belive it to the best of my understanding helps uptake Your k intake having the right ph also allows your nutrient to uptake then better when ph is on range . However , I forgot you address the issue and already upped the calcium to you said 4 ml ? Is that per gal ? And your tap water it’s 50 ppm out this wicked good . Have you got your water tested yet ? You can go to Home Depot and they do for ten bucks or possibly free tell you what trace elements are in and how much .

My tap is 170 lol. Unsure what is in it too I need to find out this myself .

I’d keep it at your new amount and if symptoms worsen let us know ?

I have yes this grow being my first time bud .

Calcium and mag are big roles in flower along side potassium so lower n value keep your p on the middle area and k or potassium should be same as nitro at start of flower to lower N and keep k high . But one nutrient like calcium for example I belive it to the best of my understanding helps uptake Your k intake having the right ph also allows your nutrient to uptake then better when ph is on range . However , I forgot you address the issue and already upped the calcium to you said 4 ml ? Is that per gal ? And your tap water it’s 50 ppm out this wicked good . Have you got your water tested yet ? You can go to Home Depot and they do for ten bucks or possibly free tell you what trace elements are in and how much .

My tap is 170 lol. Unsure what is in it too I need to find out this myself .

I’d keep it at your new amount and if symptoms worsen let us know ?
Sounds good Joe. I use rain water . My tap is well water and is 450 ppm. Just too high. 4 ml/gal yes. I think that's the solution friend. Lights on @6pm then watering with the 4 ml/gal calmag. Keeping both eyes peeled. Otherwise she looks pretty happy and growing. Thanks

I wonder if the numbers they recommend for cal-mag are for RO/distilledrain or tap water. Tap water already has calcium and magnesium in it so adding cal-mag at the recommended dosage would be on top of that. With RO/distilled/rain you might need much higher than the recommended dose. I'm at 6ml (5 recommended like Dutch) and not seeing any signs of overage, and I'm using tap water starting at 220 PPM.

I wonder if the numbers they recommend for cal-mag are for RO/distilledrain or tap water. Tap water already has calcium and magnesium in it so adding cal-mag at the recommended dosage would be on top of that. With RO/distilled/rain you might need much higher than the recommended dose. I'm at 6ml (5 recommended like Dutch) and not seeing any signs of overage, and I'm using tap water starting at 220 PPM.
The website mentions to especially use it with the inert growing medias and ro water so my guess is you are right to think it's ok to go over. Last night I gave her 5tsp. They recommend 4 max. This morning she looked better than ever as far as vigorous new growth and color on the new and newish growth. I think we'all got this one.

Thanks for helping me to keep from jumping off the edge everyone! I don't have a lot of experience with sick plants and get a bit freaky when they suffer and I haven't a clue.
I gave the Strawberry Cough a heavy calmag feeding last night along with a full amount Bio Thrive Grow and she responded well looking at her this morning. Most of her last two nodes are clear of any deficiencies and a healthy color. Also lots of pistols shooting from every node. I guess the problem I noticed took time to really show. Maybe it's done progressing and those hurt leaves are still working.
My main point is my gratitude to all who actively reached out, and also those who click "like" behind the scene. I see and appreciate the silent second opinion. Grow Love to all.

I m happy you found a solution
I'm back off the ledge breathing the butterflies in and the bees out!
Me too! Good save
My eyes y'alls experience!
It happens... I got surprised by my LED lights after a couple of waterings without calmag... guess what is happening on two of my plants? I am giving calmag with the watering today.
Some say leds grow plants that need more calmag than other lights. I wonder if they just grow so fast?

Some say leds grow plants that need more calmag than other lights. I wonder if they just grow so fast?
That definitely seems to be part of it. Every aspect of this grow seems to be accelerated as compared to what I am used to in HID. I am confident that makes them more hungry period... not just for calmag. I cringe when I see people running these powerful lights and still giving 1/4 nutes.

Same my tap is 170 and I am running 5-6 ml cal mag per gal myself and still whennwas running five had deficiencies cal mag show up . My ph in coco is going in at 6 currently

But I flexuate it to 5.8 at times

Thanks for helping me to keep from jumping off the edge everyone! I don't have a lot of experience with sick plants and get a bit freaky when they suffer and I haven't a clue.
I gave the Strawberry Cough a heavy calmag feeding last night along with a full amount Bio Thrive Grow and she responded well looking at her this morning. Most of her last two nodes are clear of any deficiencies and a healthy color. Also lots of pistols shooting from every node. I guess the problem I noticed took time to really show. Maybe it's done progressing and those hurt leaves are still working.
My main point is my gratitude to all who actively reached out, and also those who click "like" behind the scene. I see and appreciate the silent second opinion. Grow Love to all.
We learn together when you okay we try our best to find honest and accurate info. Might be wrong time to time but I try to get more three one persons opinion on social media . Then take majority votes and what I think makes sense and that is how I keep my grows more personal the Kings way of growing . As otter as his ways ✊

That definitely seems to be part of it. Every aspect of this grow seems to be accelerated as compared to what I am used to in HID. I am confident that makes them more hungry period... not just for calmag. I cringe when I see people running these powerful lights and still giving 1/4 nutes.
Less is more every great grower I’ve ran into has said . My chem dawg kept it real simple and had best auto smoke in three from feeding very little . Alway better to stay under I was told then over ✊

We learn together when you okay we try our best to find honest and accurate info. Might be wrong time to time but I try to get more three one persons opinion on social media . Then take majority votes and what I think makes sense and that is how I keep my grows more personal the Kings way of growing . As otter as his ways ✊
Way

Back
Top Bottom