Fools Rush In: Newbie's Adventures In Suboptimal Conditions

The colas are looking lovely and chunky! Maturing nicely. :slide:

Cheers Stunger! I can't tell you how much I want to squeeze them. :laugh:

Fat AF! Looking good, and Grub is coming along rather nicely too :).

I knew exactly what you meant. I was just playing with language, poorly!

Thank you Shed! No worries whatsoever. I love the play. An unexpected bonus of being part of this community!

:thumb::hookah:

Oops, I recognise the ambiguity in this statement - I meant "nowhere" in the best way possible!
knew exactly what you meant. I was just playing

Despite Shed almost saying T is a fast woman, we hear that you guys are steadfast wherever you go.
You don’t have to explain yourself to this bunch of misfits.
:passitleft:

Her buds are getting impossibly fat, lol.

Still swelling, too by the look.

Amber might be juuust beginning?
:thumb:
She's definitely pretty established in the pot now,

Satisfying symmetries. :woohoo:

Heard y'all like low and slow in the fridge!

I've been thinking about this for a long time. Today, I was happy to be able to finally execute on the design!

I'm trying to solve the problem of not having a dedicated fridge (and having the smell get into the food!).

A simple design. Carbon filter, hygrometer, drying rack.

IMG_0082.jpeg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

So, the big question - will the osmotic gradient between the inside and outside be sufficient to move (enough) air between the two, and through the filter?

We'll find out at harvest time! I'll probably also have some buds in a paper bag to compare the drying rates.

:thumb: :green_heart:

If you are looking for a 7-day "hang" time to get the chlorophyll out, you will want to have higher airflow for the first 24-48 hours, and less for the remaining days to keep the buds from drying out. Much of it will depend on the ambient RH wherever the box will be sitting.

Ideally, the buds never get drier than 55%, below which curing can no longer take place due to the death of the microbes responsible for it.

If you are looking for a 7-day "hang" time to get the chlorophyll out, you will want to have higher airflow for the first 24-48 hours, and less for the remaining days to keep the buds from drying out. Much of it will depend on the ambient RH wherever the box will be sitting.

Ideally, the buds never get drier than 55%, below which curing can no longer take place due to the death of the microbes responsible for it.

Oops, I skipped the important contextual statement: this is for low and slow in the fridge! (Updated the post now)

The fridge RH tends to be low, between 20-40%. I'll be checking the buds' RH each day for the first few days to watch progress!

OIC! What's your theory on the advantage over paper bags? Is it the smell-capture aspect?

Exactly.

As generous and as supportive as my GF has been, I think she would draw the line at her fancy gruyere taking on the smell of fuel or cat urine... :rofl:

(Not that we'll have this problem with Desert, to be fair!)

It's strange to think of something as immaterial and ubiquitous depending on material infrastructure. But yes. A bunch of pipes, cables and satellites.

I know some people working on a decentralised paradigm. But mostly the uptake is from radical leftists OR libertarians OR techies. Interesting nonetheless.

It speaks to the times that one feels like "anything can happen".

:Namaste::green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom