Fools Rush In: Newbie's Adventures In Suboptimal Conditions

OK this one is also really good. They gathered up some of the folks who were responsible for distributing the Sour Diesel cut. On the way they also talk about the origins of Chemdog, OG Kush and Headband (hint: they're all related).

Don't know if y'all are into this kind of narrative tracing - the stories are actually rather mundane - but I find it fascinating!

I’ll check it out now as the mrs is watching some rubbish on tv hehehe

Got family visiting this week/today so a quick update this morning!

Desert, day 38 of 12-12

Front!

IMG_9844.jpeg

Back!

IMG_9842.jpeg

Trichs!

IMG_9848.jpeg

IMG_9851.jpeg

Paranoid af about budrot :eek::eek:

Grub, day 41

Construction zone - quad base building begins!

New growth is showing light tips, so may ease up a bit on the nutes next feed.

IMG_9837.jpeg

IMG_9838.jpeg

Ok gotta go make sure small children don't accidentally get into either of the grow boxes!! o_O:laugh:

:ciao::surf:

Looks great! Budrot? What's the RH in there?

Thanks Shed!! Hope you are well today.

Mmmm it's not been ideal! 40-55 with lights on, and 55-70 with lights off.

I'm keeping an eye out for a new dehumidifier now, and off-season promos, as we're passing into spring here!

Have fun child-wrangling. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I had a brainwave - literally going to remove the handle on the cabinet door. I'm a genius!

:welldone:

70% is getting up there for sure. The rest looks great though. Is you ambient RH in the room that high?

Yes, we have had the occasional very-high-humidity day. At 90% ambient RH the dehumidifier can get it down to 65-70 at best. Thankfully this is not every day, or even most days. I'd say it's usually no greater than 60-70, which the dehumidifier can totally cope with, taking it down to 40-60. Fingers crossed :lot-o-toke:

Got family visiting this week/today so a quick update this morning!
When indoor growing I have always wondered how to keep the solitary one room where the door is always closed from being the elephant in the house at question time. Not many places have the convenience of a discrete out of the way room like a basement for a gimp or a garden when visitors come.
:morenutes:

We made it folks!!! No one looked under the desk or at the freestanding cabinet that mysteriously has no handle!

When indoor growing I have always wondered how to keep the solitary one room where the door is always closed from being the elephant in the house at question time. Not many places have the convenience of a discrete out of the way room like a basement for a gimp or a garden when visitors come.
:morenutes:

Dedicated room? Oh nonono. We live in a single bedroom apartment. :rofl: So bedroom, lounge/kitchen, bathroom, and that's it!

Let me show you all what we're dealing with here.

Everything must fit under/around this desk.

IMG_9852.jpeg

Here's the cabinet without a handle round one side of the desk

IMG_9859.jpeg

Here's the old dehumidifier, a rag and some bookes and.. is there something peeking out from under the desk?

IMG_9860.jpeg

Let's shove the dehumidifier aside, eh?

IMG_9861.jpg

Well well well.

:laughtwo::meditate:

Let me show you all what we're dealing with here.

Everything must fit under/around this desk.
You have got that set up so discrete and well hidden even with your box having 'live plants' stamped on it. Your flowering girl must be giving out a nice dank smell now too, I'm super impressed, well done!
:hookah:

:laughtwo: :ganjamon:

Jesus thats stealth as heck...... both girls looking chur chur brother. Hope you enjoy the family stayover! time is precious :ganjamon:

Haha thank you BC! And yes you are so right about family time. I normally am the one to go see them so it was indeed precious to have them here, for once. :green_heart:

You have got that set up so discrete and well hidden even with your box having 'live plants' stamped on it. Your flowering girl must be giving out a nice dank smell now too, I'm super impressed, well done!
:hookah:

Isn't the "live plants" label so perfect and poetic? LOL well I just have it the way I did in that photo with the dehumidifier sitting in front of it.

The desk is quite a "busy" scene and perceptually "noisy" so unless you know what you're looking for, it just looks like there's a lot of junk under the desk. :laughtwo:

You know, Grub is smellier than my flowering Desert, LOL. Bag seed eh :p

There was a moment when my mum and BIL were standing by the desk and I was praying they didn't get a whiff of that dank chocolate smell from Grub. There's no filter on that box yet. They didn't seem to notice, or at the very least didn't comment on it. The 4 small boys running around were enough of a distraction. :laugh:

Thank you all for the kind feedback on my ridiculous space. It's so fun to be able to share this with you all! :Namaste: :green_heart:

My family left the city on Friday, and my partner and I had a lovely time with them. Apparently, the smallest boy couldn't understand why we weren't going with them!

On another personal note, it's my birthday today! And I just had to show all you what my GF got me.

IMG_9981.jpeg

If unclear, the middle panels show my butane torch, Dynavap, grinder, pipe cleaners and papers, lol!

And that's "Northern Lights" in the top-right.

:circle-of-love:

So, I'm feeling super blessed today. :Namaste::green_heart:

Desert, day 42 (end of week 6) of 12-12

A few nighttime pics. Sadly, the yellowing continues.

I spoke to one of the Canna team yesterday but the guy wasn't as clued-in as I'd have hoped. For instance, he didn't seem very knowledgeable about the Biocanna line at all. So I think I'm on my own here.

I've accepted that this will take another grow and different genetics to give me a bit more information about what's going on!

Overall, I'm happy, and I think she will certainly make it past the finish line. I don't have pics but she's starting to get cloudy!

IMG_9916.jpeg

IMG_9915.jpeg

IMG_9921.jpeg

Grub, day 45 (week 7 of veg)

Quadline base-building continues! All ok.

A bit of intraveinal yellow on the new growth, which could simply be a product of the newness. Will keep an eye out.

Node spacing is excellent. :thumb:

IMG_9913.jpeg

IMG_9925.jpeg

So it's Sunday afternoon here, I've taken 3 full plant (fan leaf + flower) capsules, and I'm starting to feel positively intergalactic.

I hope you all are well, and, wherever you are, have a smoke/vape/bong/dab/cap for me! :ganjamon::snowboating:

Churrr happy birthday big balls :ganjamon: what an awesome present brother... you spoilt bugger hahaha and good to hear family time was a treat too.
Some beautiful pics of Desert.... dang them cola's look great bruv.. good to get her to the end of flowering but also sad that she wont be there for much longer.
Grub looks like a beast already man and I'm excited to see you work your magic on this girl too.
Anyway I just went and voted for Labour and yes for cannabis in NZ and it's now time for a skunk #1 vape...so have a great rest of the day bruv :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom