Fools Rush In: Newbie's Adventures In Suboptimal Conditions

Happy birthday Sy! :happy-birthday:
That's sweet touch of your girlfriend laying out the tool box compartments for you. :snowboating:

I see some lower yellowing on Grub but still, as you say it looks like she'll gallop past the finish line no probs. Her colas are getting fatter with each update. It wont be long and you'll be toking on them. :ganjamon:

Wishing you a lovely day!:cheer:

Happy belated birthday Sye!! I hope you had a great day. I'm glad you clarified what the drawings were. I thought it was a microscope, some sort of planet, and I really had no idea what kind of spaceship it was in between. I think I'll go make a coffee now.
Stay safe.

Ok I got completely blitzed yesterday and I am pretty stoned over this morning! :laughtwo::goof:

We had a lovely, chill day. Went out for a nice lunch, and then to the hardware store where I bought myself a pressurised shoulder watering thingymajig AND a new dehumidifier. Wheeeeee! :surf:

Other than that we just spent time together at home, taking it easy after the big week with family. I got baked and my GF took some CBD and we played Minecraft for most of the evening, lol. :snowboating::headbanger:

Ultimate stealth! :love: Aromatherapy diffuser for smell obscurance and your golden! As ‘they’ say -who ever they are...

My DIY carbon filter is working.. for now. Lol :thumb:

I also have one of those giant jars of ONA gel for an emergency. I'm aware they can strip a plant of its terps so I'm cautious about using it!

Churrr happy birthday big balls :ganjamon: what an awesome present brother... you spoilt bugger hahaha and good to hear family time was a treat too.
Some beautiful pics of Desert.... dang them cola's look great bruv.. good to get her to the end of flowering but also sad that she wont be there for much longer.
Grub looks like a beast already man and I'm excited to see you work your magic on this girl too.
Anyway I just went and voted for Labour and yes for cannabis in NZ and it's now time for a skunk #1 vape...so have a great rest of the day bruv :yummy:

Yeah does everyone get sad about killing the plant during harvest? Or is just newbies like me? :laugh:

Nice job on voting BC! I will try and get mine in early too.

Save me some of that Skunk#1 for next week :ganjamon:

:happy-birthday: Geezer!
I love the box AND the cartoons ♡

As is the training!

Consider it done!

I knew there was something I liked about you. Skunk#1 FTW ;)

Thank you DD!!! :high-five::yummy::green_heart:

Happy birthday Sy! :happy-birthday:
That's sweet touch of your girlfriend laying out the tool box compartments for you. :snowboating:

I see some lower yellowing on Grub but still, as you say it looks like she'll gallop past the finish line no probs. Her colas are getting fatter with each update. It wont be long and you'll be toking on them. :ganjamon:

Wishing you a lovely day!:cheer:

Thank you Stunger!!

Yeah the yellowing is coming up now, no doubt! The investigation will continue into the next grow.

Dunno what to expect from her yet, smoke-wise, but I'm excited to find out :ganjamon::hookah:

Happy birthday mate. GF might be a keeper :high-five:

Cheers McRib :snowboating:

Yeah, we are basically married! Been together for years. Neither one of us going anywhere fast :laugh: :circle-of-love:

Great minds think alike.
I said to him earlier to take a cut and see if he can get it to root :rofl:

Loooooooolllll :rofl:

:happy-birthday: Have an awesome one mate. Plants are looking great.

Cheers Vet! Wonder if we will harvest at a similar time! :cheer:

Happy belated birthday Sye!! I hope you had a great day. I'm glad you clarified what the drawings were. I thought it was a microscope, some sort of planet, and I really had no idea what kind of spaceship it was in between. I think I'll go make a coffee now.
Stay safe.

Thank ya, Mr S! I can totally see the spaceship and planet and love this alternative intergalactic interpretation. :headbanger:

Happy late birthday man! Hope it was a good one...this plant is looking magnificent :Rasta:

Cheers Abstrakt!! It was a lovely day indeed. Can't wait till we both get to sample our harvests :hookah:

Sounds like a pretty nice day :cool:
Yeah does everyone get sad about killing the plant during harvest? Or is just newbies like me?
A friend runs a small farm and often has meals with zero food kilometres. He explains ‘we don’t name the eating ones’.
Shaky hands are normal, especially the first time. Especially since you know every curve of Desert’s frame...
Yeah the yellowing is coming up now, no doubt! The investigation will continue into the next grow.
One of my (named) Isabelles always came in looking shabby. I added N, she got green. I just came to like her natural autumn colours.
:yummy:

A friend runs a small farm and often has meals with zero food kilometres. He explains ‘we don’t name the eating ones’.
Shaky hands are normal, especially the first time. Especially since you know every curve of Desert’s frame...

Yeah I'm not getting a pet pig anytime soon :laugh:

One of my (named) Isabelles always came in looking shabby. I added N, she got green. I just came to like her natural autumn colours.
:yummy:

Thanks for that! Exactly. There are still too many unknowns for me to make any definitive conclusions.

I'm really excited for the next grow in that box. I have a new plant training design in mind...

Thank you all for the kind feedback on my ridiculous space. It's so fun to be able to share this with you all! :Namaste: :green_heart:

My family left the city on Friday, and my partner and I had a lovely time with them. Apparently, the smallest boy couldn't understand why we weren't going with them!

On another personal note, it's my birthday today! And I just had to show all you what my GF got me.

IMG_9981.jpeg

If unclear, the middle panels show my butane torch, Dynavap, grinder, pipe cleaners and papers, lol!

And that's "Northern Lights" in the top-right.

:circle-of-love:

So, I'm feeling super blessed today. :Namaste::green_heart:

Desert, day 42 (end of week 6) of 12-12

A few nighttime pics. Sadly, the yellowing continues.

I spoke to one of the Canna team yesterday but the guy wasn't as clued-in as I'd have hoped. For instance, he didn't seem very knowledgeable about the Biocanna line at all. So I think I'm on my own here.

I've accepted that this will take another grow and different genetics to give me a bit more information about what's going on!

Overall, I'm happy, and I think she will certainly make it past the finish line. I don't have pics but she's starting to get cloudy!

IMG_9916.jpeg

IMG_9915.jpeg

IMG_9921.jpeg

Grub, day 45 (week 7 of veg)

Quadline base-building continues! All ok.

A bit of intraveinal yellow on the new growth, which could simply be a product of the newness. Will keep an eye out.

Node spacing is excellent. :thumb:

IMG_9913.jpeg

IMG_9925.jpeg

So it's Sunday afternoon here, I've taken 3 full plant (fan leaf + flower) capsules, and I'm starting to feel positively intergalactic.

I hope you all are well, and, wherever you are, have a smoke/vape/bong/dab/cap for me! :ganjamon::snowboating:
Happy birthday for lady Sunday, sye. Xo

#Nolarf for the win! Glad you got a good sample syenite. If the larf gets you sent up now...I can only imagine how strong your tit buds will be after curing...

Growing up my grandpa always baked his weed in the oven to dry. I never realized this until 10 years after smoking his super skunky buds. You never would have known with this stuff. :laugh:

:happy-birthday: :circle-of-love: :passitleft:

really glad to hear your day was a great one! :ciao:

:passitleft:

Thank you Amy!!

BTW, based on the smell and my sampling, the mango/myrcene is definitely strong in Desert. :thumb:

Happy birthday for lady Sunday, sye. Xo

Thanks queen!!! Looking forward to your new gen :green_heart::hookah:

#Nolarf for the win! Glad you got a good sample syenite. If the larf gets you sent up now...I can only imagine how strong your tit buds will be after curing...

Growing up my grandpa always baked his weed in the oven to dry. I never realized this until 10 years after smoking his super skunky buds. You never would have known with this stuff. :laugh:

Thank you Abstrakt! I think having variety is good for the ol' endo-cannabinoid system too. So the high/impact can probably partly be explained by the switch-up.

I'm just glad I haven't raised a dud, lol, especially considering how bad a batch of flower the seeds came from.

I'm happy to have exonerated the genetics :p

Yeah I think it's not uncommon for people to rapid-dry buds in the oven, especially if they want a quick sample! That's not what the stuff I was describing was like, though. It was brown, completely dried-out, and smell- and flavour-less!

Thought you'd like that!! :laugh:

Damn...belated :happy-birthday: and it sounds (and looks) like it was a great one!

I have no doubt that plant will get through harvest and get you even higher than the #nolarf did. :slide:

Thanks dear Shed!! :Namaste::green_heart:

Sometimes fast is the only way to go!

Ok how about this:

"We're going nowhere together, fast"

:laugh:

"We're going nowhere together, fast"

Oops, I recognise the ambiguity in this statement - I meant "nowhere" in the best way possible! :Namaste: :green_heart:

Desert, day 46 of 12-12 (week 7, day 4 since flip)

Her buds are getting impossibly fat, lol. You can't see in the following pic, but a fraction of her stigma have turned reddish-brown. There's also now some necrosis on the bottom leaves.

My new dehumidifier also arrived today, and the impact was instant. On "low power" it's gotten the RH down to 60 within the hour, and I expect on "high" it can take it down to 40-50. It could not have come any sooner, and makes me feel much better about battling mold/rot etc. in Desert's final phase.

IMG_0036.jpeg

Some shaky/blurry (sorry!) pics of her trichomes from the 4 topmost colas

IMG_0043.jpeg

IMG_0041.jpeg

IMG_0044.jpeg

Amber might be juuust beginning?

Grub, day 49

Not much to report! She's doing great.

I hadn't been fertigating to saturation or run-off since the up-pot a couple of weeks ago, instead just doing a "partial" fertigation so not as to overwhelm the roots.

The last time, I watered with just plain water to run-off, the intention being to clear out any nute excess in the mix.

She's definitely pretty established in the pot now, so I will be feeding her fully and to run-off for the first time today.

IMG_0016.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom