Fools Rush In: Newbie's Adventures In Suboptimal Conditions

Thanks syenite, that's an excellent result for you and encouraging for the rest of us. Dynavap seems to have grown quite a following of people passionate about it so it's good to read you're of the same mind. Did you get the full kit with the wooden box dodah and spare o-rings etc?

For sure. I shouldn’t oversell it either though. It just seems solid and does the job well.

Nope I just got the vape. They gave me a cardboard sleeve and a wooden carrying case.

Sounds pretty sweet my man... any pics of the rig? I must say they look very cool and gotta love those terps.....mmmmmm greenstone place??

Yup Greenstone.

59073FFE-E7D2-4DA3-87CA-F38ED06BFB11.jpeg

On the grow front, I supercropped Desert’s top two branches last night. And broke the bigger one off, too! Not clean off. But a partial break.

961DAC5E-4821-4AC9-A34C-7DDF36E98296.jpeg

I taped it up, and in a few hours both branches were upright again. These plants are such amazing freaks :laughtwo:

I was hoping to slow the growth of those branches down a little bit. The supercropping will probably end up making them stronger and faster, lol!

The lower branches are just about in their final positions.

On the grow front, I supercropped Desert’s top two branches last night. And broke the bigger one off, too! Not clean off. But a partial break.

961DAC5E-4821-4AC9-A34C-7DDF36E98296.jpeg

I taped it up, and in a few hours both branches were upright again. These plants are such amazing freaks :laughtwo:

I was hoping to slow the growth of those branches down a little bit. The supercropping will probably end up making them stronger and faster, lol!

The lower branches are just about in their final positions.
It'll heal. Happens to me all the time in a scrog. Sometime I do it intentionally. If I think it's going to break I take pliers and gently crush the stem as I bend it. Once stressed like that you get a burst of growth.
IMG-20200720-141748088-HDR-copy-600x800.jpg

It'll heal. Happens to me all the time in a scrog. Sometime I do it intentionally. If I think it's going to break I take pliers and gently crush the stem as I bend it. Once stressed like that you get a burst of growth.

Thank you JimJonesJr! Nice to have you stop by.

Yeah having attempted this a few times now, I am starting to see that pliers could be a good way to ensure that the hard epidermal layer is properly weakened before/during the bend. In a more uniform manner than twisting/pinching with your fingers.

Who would've thought that using pliers is in some ways safer than using your fingers? :laughtwo:

It just seems so vicious! :oops:

I have pretty good success from rolling the stem between my thumb and forefinger, and gradually increasing the pressure. When I can feel the insides crunch up and start to roll around, I can easily fold the top part over the bottom without breaking the skin.

I usually snap stems when I mishandle them while they’re really thin and tender.

I have pretty good success from rolling the stem between my thumb and forefinger, and gradually increasing the pressure. When I can feel the insides crunch up and start to roll around, I can easily fold the top part over the bottom without breaking the skin.

I usually snap stems when I mishandle them while they’re really thin and tender.
I'm after blood and tissue damage..lol.

I think my failure resulted from a combination of the things you mentioned. 1) I should've done more pinching and twisting before the bend, and 2) my plant is small and and the branches still relatively young and skinny!

Haha the pliers do seem vicious. The irony is that they will guarantee what my fingers are too scared/reluctant to do!

I'm after blood and tissue damage..lol.

:eek::laughtwo: :laughtwo:

Growing outdoors, there’s no worries about growing into the light lol - so no super cropping - but lots of potential for snapping little stems when pulling bigger stems through the cage.
The fastest way to a girl's heart is through her ribcage.....NineInchNails

You might be the first goth I've encountered on these forums :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

Loving it! :hippy:
I kinda look like a Jerry Garcia at 56 but no...I don't wear black. Wearing my mask in public I look like a bikini line from the 70s with this gray beard to my chest.

Enjoying your thread. Good stuff in here.

Pleased to share that I am starting my collection of "classics", beginning with OG Kush from @Weedseedsexpress!

The idea is a kind of tribute to the most influential cultivars from the early generations of modern herb. In my mind I've formed two categories of classics: the main landrace or landrace-derived cultivars (e.g. Afghani, Hindu, Mexican, Columbian, Thai, Jamaican, Brazilian, Nepalese etc.), and then the early modern cultivars (e.g. Afghani #1, Skunk #1, Original Haze, Northern Lights, Big Bud, Hash Plant, OG Kush, Chemdawg, Sour Diesel etc.).

Still very broad groupings, I know! But it's a huge genealogical network for my brain to chart.

And yes. Another seed order to add to the pile of promises that I hope will one day be fulfilled, lol!

Pleased to share that I am starting my collection of "classics", beginning with OG Kush from @Weedseedsexpress!

The idea is a kind of tribute to the most influential cultivars from the early generations of modern herb. In my mind I've formed two categories of classics: the main landrace or landrace-derived cultivars (e.g. Afghani, Hindu, Mexican, Columbian, Thai, Jamaican, Brazilian, Nepalese etc.), and then the early modern cultivars (e.g. Afghani #1, Skunk #1, Original Haze, Northern Lights, Big Bud, Hash Plant, OG Kush, Chemdawg, Sour Diesel etc.).

Still very broad groupings, I know! But it's a huge genealogical network for my brain to chart.

And yes. Another seed order to add to the pile of promises that I hope will one day be fulfilled, lol!
Why is it we never have enough seed..lol. In the grow of the month contest there's a guy growing a panama red in a scrog. I lived in Panama for 3yrs and sampled some excellent trippy as hell bud. I have the strain on my list. Probably a long flower time but I'm sure if the genes are true it would be worth it.
I grew some of the og Kush, skunk 1, big bud, and a few others popular at the time in the early 2000s. Classics now for sure. I've never grown any haze. I gotta change that..lol. So many great strains out there that you rarely see anymore.

i feel the same way man..... probably overkill with the pliers for me personally...... thumb and fingers do a perfect job...
Once you've done it a few times it's very easy.....

thats sounds wicked brother....
They've got some amazing looking strains.... still waiting for my order through them.
Good things come to those who wait.... zzzzz haha

thats sounds wicked brother....
They've got some amazing looking strains.... still waiting for my order through them.
Good things come to those who wait.... zzzzz haha
I want there godfather og...I think stonedotter is growing some. I checked out weedseedsexpress. They have some great looking strains and excellent comments on their customer service all over this community.

Back
Top Bottom