Flying High With Hawk - 2024 Grow Journal

If you're relying on camouflage to keep them on the DL that will only last you another 3 or 4 weeks! The smell will definitely give them away at some point. 👃
I'd love to be able to camo them, but I know it's not realistic whatsoever. Maybe if they were in moveable fabric grow pots, I could move them around, but planted in the soil...they're in plain view of the over the fence neighbors. Unfortunately, the cool neighbors moved. We'll see what happens...

7/4/24
A bit surprised to see how dried out the Autos in the tent are. Guess I’m a bit paranoid cause of all the fungus gnats and potential over-watering. Watered them w. added CalMag and Mega Crop (9-7-14). They’ve got to be pretty close to harvest. To me, the pistils look like they’re all orange instead of white and the trichomes look more cloudy than clear, but not seeing any amber yet.

What do you think? How much longer should I be waiting before chopping for harvest?

4Kingdoms__07_04_2024_01_SN_A.jpg
4Kingdoms__07_04_2024_01_SN_Ad.jpg
4Kingdoms__07_04_2024_02_SN_A.jpg

IMO, that’s a matter of personal preferences. The way I experimented in the early days was to break off a couple buds at various levels of trich coloration, dry and cure with containers marked with date and estimated % of amber. Over time I learned that around 30% amber for sativa dominant and 50% for indica dominant were my preference.

Two questions, did the sugar leaves turn brown starting at the tips or starting from the buds, and how often do your buds get wet?
Great Qs.
--This is the only time the buds have gotten wet. Still too many post-op back issues, so couldn't water hitting only the soil.
--And, really not sure about the browning sugar leaves. What is the significance / meaning if start from tips? From buds?

As always, thank you so much for your input / advice!!
Greatly appreciated!!

Great Qs.
--This is the only time the buds have gotten wet. Still too many post-op back issues, so couldn't water hitting only the soil.
--And, really not sure about the browning sugar leaves. What is the significance / meaning if start from tips? From buds?

Greatly appreciated!!
If they die tip first it's usually just a nutrient/watering issue. If they start to turn brown near the buds while the tips are still green it can indicate budrot.
If you had budrot I would have recommended harvesting immediately, or removing the rot to see if you could push them a little further.
If they were mine, I would be thinking at least another week, maybe two before harvest.

I would only add that from tip first may just be part of natural process, typically by the time I harvest at least half of the leaves have died off throughout…

Great Qs.

Greatly appreciated!!
What do they smell like? I get worried when the sugar leaves start turning brown. A strong, potent smell is a good sign.

Also how much has drinking slowed down? Might be tough to tell if you're under watering because of the gnats and can't really tell because of your back, but I thought I'd mention it as another harvest-timing variable.
Unfortunately, it is tough to figure out how much drinking has slowed. I've definitely watered less than before cause of the gnats and my back issues. Need to try for more pics of the trichomes, cause I'm thinking it should be chopped in 2 weeks or less.

Still smelling very strong! My family is not happy w. the smell, even though the carbon filter is running!
My issue indoors too, my family complained for years too even though I’d tried every form of filtration and gel scents available. It probably took 5 years and now they finally tolerate it without any filtration other than redirecting flow outdoors :)

If you want to go by trichome color you would really do well to have some sort of scope, whether it's a hand loupe, a macro attachment for a phone camera, or one of those wifi scopes they sell for $30 on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Microscope-S...martphone/dp/B07DVFBVPF/?tag=420magazine0f-20

You could bake a lot of chocolate chip cookies!
lol, problem is that I’ll probably be making those and pb rice crispy treats with canna butter and they would’ve complained about that too :)

"Look Ma, I can't help that skunks come around and spray for no reason!" It's not the weed. It's those damn skunks.
And I spilled a little kerosene or petroleum too :) my kosher kush smells very strong at the end!
Picture a family of skunks doused in fuel running around in your house and you’ll have a good idea what my place smells like.

If you want to go by trichome color you would really do well to have some sort of scope, whether it's a hand loupe, a macro attachment for a phone camera, or one of those wifi scopes they sell for $30 on amazon.
Actually have a loupe and a magnifying glass. Still find it very difficult to get a decent picture! Might have to try the amazon wifi scope!

Actually have a loupe and a magnifying glass. Still find it very difficult to get a decent picture! Might have to try the amazon wifi scope!
Don’t have it anymore but I loved the usb scope I had gotten from Amazon years ago. Still have loupe though which is great, just not for pics as you say.

Back
Top Bottom