Flying High With Hawk - 2024 Grow Journal

I certainly understand that you can't pick them up with the back and all, but can you tip them to feel the bottoms? I don't trust water meters without another confirmation method.

Are you watering to runoff and leaving the water in the trays to get soaked back up? And how often do they need water?

In terms of hunger (if it's definitely not a water issue), I'd give them 5.5g MC/gallon once and see what changes.

Are you watering to runoff and leaving the water in the trays to get soaked back up? And how often do they need water?
I water to runoff and leave the water to get soaked back up.
They're getting watered about 2x/week.

In terms of hunger (if it's definitely not a water issue), I'd give them 5.5g MC/gallon once and see what changes.
I'll give them some of the Mega Crop and hopefully, things will turn around!

Thank you so much!!

:thanks:

Not soon though, the outside of the pot looks drenched.

How long does it take to soak the water back up from the tray?
Thanks again! The pic was taken immediately after watering. Not sure how long it takes to soak the water back up. I’d guess a couple hours at most. Today is two days since watering and I’m planning on watering them again tomorrow.

Thanks again! The pic was taken immediately after watering. Not sure how long it takes to soak the water back up. I’d guess a couple hours at most. Today is two days since watering and I’m planning on watering them again tomorrow.
How you decide when it needs water? Sorry for all the questions, but I don't feel like a GeoFlora plant should look like that from lack of nutes even if you only feed every 14 days.

How you decide when it needs water? Sorry for all the questions, but I don't feel like a GeoFlora plant should look like that from lack of nutes even if you only feed every 14 days.
I've just used a water meter for the soil. I'll sample a few different places in the grow pot. If it reads Dry, I'll water. Not sure how else to do it. Unfortunately, I can't use the method of picking up the grow pot to determine weight (cause of back issues). Often, I'll also touch the top of the soil to see if it feels dry.

Sorry for all the questions
Not at all. Thank you for your expertise and for taking the time to help a newbie. It's seriously appreciated more than I can say!! The more I talk things thru with someone with experience, the better I'll be able to handle my next grow on my own. THANK YOU!

:thanks:

I've just used a water meter for the soil. I'll sample a few different places in the grow pot. If it reads Dry, I'll water. Not sure how else to do it. Unfortunately, I can't use the method of picking up the grow pot to determine weight (cause of back issues). Often, I'll also touch the top of the soil to see if it feels dry.
I'm not sure where those water meters read from: top, bottom, average across the length? Also the top couple of inches of soil can be dry (from evaporation) but the area below can still be pretty damp.

Any chance you can get your wife to tip the pot back so you can feel the bottom without having to lift it? Do you have any kind of grate to put in the saucers under them so they don't suck the runoff back in?

Great Q about the water meter. I always thought it measured from the end of the tip. So just a matter of placing it at different depths in the grow pot.

I’ll try to tip the pots to check the bottoms. Never realized that you don’t want the pots to suck the runoff back in!! THANKS again!!

If they suck it back up right away that's okay, but if it takes a while it could be keeping the feeder roots at the bottom too wet and deprived of oxygen.
ok, definitely time to go back and read the @Emilya Green article on watering!

6/17/24
Watered the Autos. The Blue Berry Glue Auto has a lot of yellowing leaves. Trimmed off a lot of the dead leaves from both Autos. Tried to get decent pics of the trichomes. Very curious how long til harvest. The pistils have started to change color from white to amber. Not really seeing anything w. the trichomes yet.

4Kingdoms__06_17_2024_03_SN_A.jpg
4Kingdoms__06_17_2024_04_BBG_A.jpg
4Kingdoms__06_17_2024_06.jpg
4Kingdoms__06_17_2024_06_SN_A.jpg
4Kingdoms__06_16_2024_07_SN_A.jpg
4Kingdoms__06_17_2024_07.jpg
4Kingdoms__06_17_2024_07_SN_A.jpg
4Kingdoms__06_17_2024_16.jpg.PNG

ok, definitely time to go back and read the @Emilya Green article on watering!
Throw your water meter over the fence. If it's hot then they probably need some water. I do a lot of bottom watering, and it really helps out. Seems to make the roots stretch.

6/20/24
This is my 1st Autoflower. Started germinating on 3/28. So, it’s 12 weeks from seed and in the 7th week of flower. Am I counting this correctly? Need to check trichomes, but I’m thinking it should be very late in flower. Trying to figure out how long til harvest. Pistils still look white more than amber.

The two photos outside are growing well, but very hard to see in my pictures!

SHORT NEPALI - AUTO
4Kingdoms__06_19_2024_02_SN_A.jpg

BLUE BERRY GLUE - AUTO
4Kingdoms__06_19_2024_04_BBG_A.jpg

PHOTOS
4Kingdoms__06_19_2024_15.jpg

Back
Top Bottom