Five Strains In 33"x33" - 600W HPS - Organic Soil Mix - 7 Gal Pots - Water Only?

Weekend Update (week #12)
35 days since flip to 12/12

Good morning, gang!
Obviously my "Weekend Update" is a little late. I managed to grab a few pictures over the weekend but didn't get a chance to put an update together. This will be a quicky.

I'm still battling the environment. I'd like to get the RH down a little more but the reality is, this is probably as good as it will get. At least I'm no longer seeing readings over 90% and the high and low numbers I'm seeing now are brief. Most of the time RH is in the 40's %.

Ace of Spades and Blue Dream are both getting yellow fans while Pitbull is changing to her usual purple. AS did the same thing outside last summer so it may be par for the course with this strain. I've read that Blue Dream tends to lose fan leaves in mid-bloom. This is my first time with BD so if anyone can confirm that, I'd appreciate hearing about it. If they look more like a nutrient deficiency, I'd like to hear your thoughts on that, as well. I added bamboo poles to tie up SD, SS and AS. None of the pictures are great. They were taken with the lights off. With my lack of time and difficulty in framing and focusing, this is as good as it gets for now. Each picture is a thumbnail so click on any for an expanded view.

This is a peak around the corner of the doorway. In the center is Ace of Spades. The lower-right is Blue Dream, lower left is Shark Shock CBD, in the back-left is Sour Diesel, and in the back-right is Pitbull.

A closer look at AS and her yellowing fans.

BD is in the foreground and PB is in the rear with AS on the left.

SD is now tied up.

Pitbull doing her thing; chunking up and turning dark purple.

These next three are all BD. She is bulking but the yellow fans concern me. No problem with the fans on SD, SS or PB.

I'm trying the seed sexing thing. I circled the ones I thought looked the most female. We'll see. I started two strains; 4 seeds of each = 8 seeds. I will only grow 4 at most. Both strains are complete unknowns to me. These 4 are a cross of GT and ???. I'll call them GT(+).

These are an F2 hybrid of Grape Ape and Sensi Star.

This is my first time growing from seed in 40 years. Hopefully in my next update I'll have some newborns to show you. If I'm successful, I should get some interesting and potent pheno's of both Sativa and Indica strains.

I have company all this week so I gotta go for now. We are supposed to get our first snow of the season tomorrow. If you are traveling for the holidays, stay safe. Have a great week everyone!

:Namaste:

Mornin Major...ya this sexing thing eh. A few of your other ones could be seen as female too....we'le soon see eh! I've got two MLI's. growing and I better get one girl from them or i'l consider the sexing thing BS. A fair ratio for me has always been 50-50 split of girls and boys. With our space at such a high premium Major it would just suck to get all boys after growing them for so long eh! Good luck to you major....hoping you chose correctly. Cheers my brotha....oh , and have a nice time this week with all your people !:thumb:

How does one try to tell sex from the seed?
Fun!

See those indents on the seeds? Thats it. Females tend to have the indent, males are almost smooth. Search for member Limbatoast (guru) he has the 411 on this. (searched that name, wasn't it but something like it) someone else may remeber correctly.

How does one try to tell sex from the seed?
Fun!
Here is a link to the video.

Story of my life......:rofl:
:rofl: I hear ya!

Mornin Major...ya this sexing thing eh. A few of your other ones could be seen as female too....we'le soon see eh! I've got two MLI's. growing and I better get one girl from them or i'l consider the sexing thing BS. A fair ratio for me has always been 50-50 split of girls and boys. With our space at such a high premium Major it would just suck to get all boys after growing them for so long eh! Good luck to you major....hoping you chose correctly. Cheers my brotha....oh , and have a nice time this week with all your people !:thumb:
Thanks duggan! Yeah - I don't hold a lot of hope but since I've got nothing to lose, I thought I'd give the seed sexing thing a shot. Only a few seeds look "non-female" to me so either I have a bunch of female seeds, or more likely, this is a load of crap. Time will tell...
:high-five:

Hey Major, throw a male looking seed in the mix (label it) and if you get 4 females & 1 male then maybe this works. Do you have the space to try this?

Hey Major, throw a male looking seed in the mix (label it) and if you get 4 females & 1 male then maybe this works. Do you have the space to try this?

That would be a cool experiment. Let me think about it and see what I come up with. I'm space-challenged this time of year, but if I can't do it now, I'll definitely try it with the plants that will go outside next summer.

Hey major......yeah I too have heard of the blue dream fading in mid bloom.......mine is about three weeks from finishing and doesn't have a yellow leave on her..........she is in second run HB soil......maybe that's what is keeping her going.....don't know for sure this is my first BD..........ill get an update sometime this week.......I guess if the buds look dank.....and they do I wouldn't worry bout it......unless you think there won't b enough leaves left to make it till the end?

I guess to say it another way.......I don't know but am interested to find out........:passitleft:

Weekend Update (week #12)
35 days since flip to 12/12

Good morning, gang!
Obviously my "Weekend Update" is a little late. I managed to grab a few pictures over the weekend but didn't get a chance to put an update together. This will be a quicky.

I'm still battling the environment. I'd like to get the RH down a little more but the reality is, this is probably as good as it will get. At least I'm no longer seeing readings over 90% and the high and low numbers I'm seeing now are brief. Most of the time RH is in the 40's %.

Ace of Spades and Blue Dream are both getting yellow fans while Pitbull is changing to her usual purple. AS did the same thing outside last summer so it may be par for the course with this strain. I've read that Blue Dream tends to lose fan leaves in mid-bloom. This is my first time with BD so if anyone can confirm that, I'd appreciate hearing about it. If they look more like a nutrient deficiency, I'd like to hear your thoughts on that, as well. I added bamboo poles to tie up SD, SS and AS. None of the pictures are great. They were taken with the lights off. With my lack of time and difficulty in framing and focusing, this is as good as it gets for now. Each picture is a thumbnail so click on any for an expanded view.

This is a peak around the corner of the doorway. In the center is Ace of Spades. The lower-right is Blue Dream, lower left is Shark Shock CBD, in the back-left is Sour Diesel, and in the back-right is Pitbull.

A closer look at AS and her yellowing fans.

BD is in the foreground and PB is in the rear with AS on the left.

SD is now tied up.

Pitbull doing her thing; chunking up and turning dark purple.

These next three are all BD. She is bulking but the yellow fans concern me. No problem with the fans on SD, SS or PB.

I'm trying the seed sexing thing. I circled the ones I thought looked the most female. We'll see. I started two strains; 4 seeds of each = 8 seeds. I will only grow 4 at most. Both strains are complete unknowns to me. These 4 are a cross of GT and ???. I'll call them GT(+).

These are an F2 hybrid of Grape Ape and Sensi Star.

This is my first time growing from seed in 40 years. Hopefully in my next update I'll have some newborns to show you. If I'm successful, I should get some interesting and potent pheno's of both Sativa and Indica strains.

I have company all this week so I gotta go for now. We are supposed to get our first snow of the season tomorrow. If you are traveling for the holidays, stay safe. Have a great week everyone!

:Namaste:

Major, Im interested in this seed experiment!! :high-five:
-Im curious.. the seed if grown short term or picked prematurely, where the sexing technique is utilized, wouldn't be smaller if immature?
---another Golden Tiger grower? Thats awesome!! I had smoked some just earlier.. :)

you will rock 'em!!

Major....I'm not a kit grower even though I follow many....just a plain old organic guy. Fading fans are fine in my world & seem to happen faster on sativas. Many of us old-timers want to see good steady fade. I have 2 sativas right now at ~7 wks. that have few leaves left. Never caused me any problems.:Namaste:

This is comforting to know, Bright! Since I started this hobby in March 2015, I have grown only sativa-heavy OG Kush, and have had plenty of spontaneous yellowing and defoliation of lower and inner leaves. I have seeds for an INdica coming, so I'll have a new learning curve, and some other strain to compare with.

Golden Tiger(+) Smoke report

Lime peel smell, slightly airy nug, sweet lime taste with earthy tones. smooth.. this is from 4 week old GT(+) from chop.
high hits fast and strong, and last long... 3 small bong hits..no anxiety, cerebral, creative... allows things to get done :)
The fresh from 4 days ago is above x2 in flavor. Citrus, mostly lime oil. some pine.. when mixed with dried and cured...effects are increased slightly, but was already high :)

Sub'd...awesome :thanks:
Welcome to my phone booth Oldschool! You're just in time for it to get interesting. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey major......yeah I too have heard of the blue dream fading in mid bloom.......mine is about three weeks from finishing and doesn't have a yellow leave on her..........she is in second run HB soil......maybe that's what is keeping her going.....don't know for sure this is my first BD..........ill get an update sometime this week.......I guess if the buds look dank.....and they do I wouldn't worry bout it......unless you think there won't b enough leaves left to make it till the end?

I guess to say it another way.......I don't know but am interested to find out........:passitleft:
I'm interested in finding out, too! I'm also looking forward to the next round - back in HB soil, and second run at that. :high-five:

Thanks for all the feedback on BD and Sativas in general. You guys ROCK! Onward and upward...

Back
Top Bottom