First Time Grower - 3 Auto Strains

Oh dearest fluffmaster, your rambles are always welcome! Somehow they bring a smile to everyone just like they do to me :)
I hope your computer and life in general give you a break very soon because we miss you, n you deserve nothing but the best :hug:
I'm sure that right now (after finishing a grow) you can plan much better. Now you actually know what's going to happen during what weeks :) Best of luck on your auto planning, and please let me know if you need annnyy help planning or if you have any questions about autos and their "habits" lol.. I saw you're planning a mini DWC setup. It seems rather simple and I would love to include a few in my garden.. my only problem is I don't want to buy a ph/TDS combo meter :( these things are so expensive and I KNOW if any of my DWC plants was suffering I'm gona have to drag my ass and buy one the next day.. I'm trying to avoid that :)
Much love dear fluffy :hug::high-five:

my only problem is I don't want to buy a ph/TDS combo meter :( these things are so expensive and I KNOW if any of my DWC plants was suffering I'm gona have to drag my ass and buy one the next day.. I'm trying to avoid that :)
Much love dear fluffy :hug::high-five:

Theres always PH drops which works good. Just match up the color. I still use it. I dusted off the aero cloner and let it rip yesterday. I have 7 good clones running and they actually seem happier then they did in the propagation tray and dome. So far so good. Got much of my info from Cultivator. I still figured they needed a little dome over them so I just made small individual domes out of foam cups and sandwich bags. Works out fine! Great thing on the beans alsao. They all germinated and im just waiting for them to pop there heads out of the soil. Hopefully by the end of this week. Hows your new beans doing? Havent seen any updates since your dog ate one:laughtwo:

Theres always PH drops which works good. Just match up the color. I still use it. I dusted off the aero cloner and let it rip yesterday. I have 7 good clones running and they actually seem happier then they did in the propagation tray and dome. So far so good. Got much of my info from Cultivator. I still figured they needed a little dome over them so I just made small individual domes out of foam cups and sandwich bags. Works out fine! Great thing on the beans alsao. They all germinated and im just waiting for them to pop there heads out of the soil. Hopefully by the end of this week. Hows your new beans doing? Havent seen any updates since your dog ate one:laughtwo:

That's great news man! My beans are doing good too, they all have 2-3 sets of leaves so far :). I did notice something unusual which was wrinkled leaves. Does this make sense? Like the leaf doesn't know whether to fold over or under kinda. It's strange but the new growth is healthy and they're still going so I'm ignoring it. Should I worry about this :)?
I'm excited about the aerocloner! I've never taken cuttings before and my first attempt will be using an aerocloner very soon. I read a lot of good things about cloning this way. It's supposed to be easier + a little faster. I have one of those pH strips but I'm not a big fan to be honest. Either I'm color blind or the damn thing is impossible to read :laughtwo:. There's always a + or - 0.2 margin of error on this thing. I can get a digi pH if needed (some are only $20 or $30). It's the combination TDS/EC/pH/Temp that's the problem :) Prices shoot up over 150 as soon as you mention the word "combo" :(. I'll be including hempies on my next grow so I think I'm gona have to buy one sooner or later.. ohh we'll see! This whole grow started as a "minimal budget" grow... then $1200 later I'm thinking whether I need to buy a meter or not lol!

Lmao thats how it is. Right after you notice you just spent a million dollars your like damn why didnt I just buy a fuckin PH pen???? lol. I still til this day spend over $100 dollars on things but wont look at a PH pen lol. I just stick with the PH drop. There alot better then strips. Just take a sample of the water and add 5 drops and then watch the color. As long as its orange-yellowish, yellow, or yellowish-green your good.

As for the aero cloner just add B-1 vitamin and some hydrozyme. and your good to go. I added a little silicon to mine. No nutes though. And use a dome for the first week just to balance everything out. Cant be to sure about everything ya know.

As for the leaves, I say its good, not to worry about them. Until they seem to look taco-ish. That means its heat stress related. But I had a plant that did that also. Weird looking leaves and confused lol. But it may have been the soil was on the acidic side. They started to change normal as the plant grew and correct feeding was applied. I have a picture of the weird leaf plant. Not sure if its similar to what you have
IMG_0007_1_3.JPG
IMG_0008_1_1.JPG

how you keep the dirt from fallin out?

Yep that's exactly what I'm talking about Wiz. That picture is very similar to my plants. I figured it would correct itself as it spreads the root system. I have some clay pellets mixed with FFOF in my mix and I'm guessing the roots around the pellets are just exhibiting a lower pH (more acidic). Hopefully they will grow out of it as soon as a good root system has been established. I'm planning to go BPN with my next grow so all the momas will be fed BPN. I'm planning to order some in a week or so to begin.
I never considered these drop solution tests, I thought they were just a variation of the strip test. It's so hard to read :laughtwo: I'm always confused between 3 or 4 colors (which is a whole pH point, which is 10-fold the acidity lol). Thanks for the help and suggestion Wiz, I have to say, I was "hoping" things would correct themselves but I was always a little anxious about this :).
Cheers buddy :grinjoint: :passitleft:

havin them all tilted like that. how you keep the dirt from fallin out?:thedoubletake::loopy:

Yep that's exactly what I'm talking about Wiz. That picture is very similar to my plants. I figured it would correct itself as it spreads the root system. I have some clay pellets mixed with FFOF in my mix and I'm guessing the roots around the pellets are just exhibiting a lower pH (more acidic). Hopefully they will grow out of it as soon as a good root system has been established. I'm planning to go BPN with my next grow so all the momas will be fed BPN. I'm planning to order some in a week or so to begin.
I never considered these drop solution tests, I thought they were just a variation of the strip test. It's so hard to read :laughtwo: I'm always confused between 3 or 4 colors (which is a whole pH point, which is 10-fold the acidity lol). Thanks for the help and suggestion Wiz, I have to say, I was "hoping" things would correct themselves but I was always a little anxious about this :).
Cheers buddy :grinjoint: :passitleft:

Now worries about it bud. Honestly your root system maybe fine. The plant I showed you was almost root bound around that time of that age. I didnt try to fix the problem I just keep feeding it. Then it exploded with growth. I was vegging it under my T5 so it stayed stocky and hella branches from the sides, I mean the side branches had side branches at such a young age. That plant is now my biggest plant I have now. Best plant ive grown:cheesygrinsmiley:

Heres what youll get in a few days if not a week
IMG_0094_1_2.JPG
IMG_0098_1_.JPG

So bushy :slide: I can't wait for these babies to grow. My first photoperiods :). I have a side project (the strain was something like MK or MK ultra) about a month old now. I was practicing topping and LST on her and it worked like a charm. Now she's a short bush with around 12 tops. Her branches are getting sidebranches as well :). I'm going to start practicing taking cuttings off her in a week or so. Just trying to be well prepared for when lucy and SLH are old enough.
The plan is to veg them for 10 weeks first (4 lucies and 1 super lemon haze) then take cuttings off all of them (around 30 cuts). I'll have a mini SOG in the middle hempy style, and 4 moma plants around (2 on each side), and flip to 12/12. I would go with a full SOG and keep the momas in VEG but I can't :(. I have no way of keeping the mothers so I thought it's a good compromise to have a mini sog in the middle and moms on the side :). The initial plan was to strip the mothers dead and do a full SOG, I think the tent can take around 50 single cola cuts.

Yea she is bushy. The crazy thing is I never topped her around that time and she had grew side branches like that. I shouldve grew her natural.

But yea your plan sounds like an awesome plan to me. I would go with the most cuttings and start the sog with them. But still keep like the 2 main colas on the mother plants for some big buds at the end of flower. So you can have your cake and eat it to. I plan on taking alot more cuttings from both plants before I put them into flower. I want the most out of my first grow. And while that occupy my time until the new beans get into there first week of veg. Then by time forth week come on the new plants ill take lots of cuttings from them to. And take cuttings from the previous cuttings for the 3rd generation clones. Also Ill be breeding, I kept my a male in the cut until im ready to use him.

Thanks for the reps:cheesygrinsmiley:

I figured I'll do a quick update on the little ones now and then a big update on the tent tomorrow.

Purple Cheese Auto
IMG_029410.JPG

Diva II lol
IMG_029515.JPG

One of 4 Lucies
IMG_029617.JPG

Another Lucy with the leaf thing I was talking about
IMG_029717.JPG

Here's the corner I'm letting them veg in for a while. I'll be moving all of them to the tent as soon as I harvest everything in there. I'll switch to MH and put them all there.
IMG_029816.JPG

Almost forgot, the youngest looking sprout is the SLH. It sprouted a few days late because she was planted after another Lucy had already sprouted in that pot. (dog ate it, I tossed a SLH bean in the dirt minutes later)
I'm not even sure when they sprouted to be honest :) I'll have to go back in my journal to check. I think they're around 1 week or 10 days right now.

I think all CFLs take medium socket Wiz. These are 65W 6500K, and yes they fit in a regular socket. I picked them up from a lighting shop (not hydro, house lights) for $4.50/bulb. I really like them, they're great for hanging just like this directly above plants.

Another correction: NOT all cfl's are medium base lol. I just checked and a lot of the larger Watts have a mogul base like HID's. If you go to a "home lights" store hey should only carry medium base CFLs. I don't think anyone has mogul sockets at home.

Yea that was the problem, the ones at home depot are mogul base. There 75w. Cant use them in regular sockets. I may have to get them from an eletric store. I have one of those locally also. Ive been looking for CFL that size for a while now but couldnt find any that works in regular sockets. Or they werent 6500k. I really dont need any more lights but since I started growing ive been attracted to all types of light bulbs. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom