First Time Grower - 3 Auto Strains

There is a mogul adapter available real cheap. Have not seen one at depot only on the net. Ill have to look. My hood came as a mogul base but as ISmokes said the higher wattage's have them. My true 200 watt CFL sure does. Depot and Walmart sell the larger ones with a regular socket. They are more than the ones ISmokes found. These are closer to 10 to 14 bucks. Walmart usually stocks the 2700k and depot the 6500k. Online there are a ton of CFL's. I'm looking at those dual spectrum 250 watts now.

Yea that was the problem, the ones at home depot are mogul base. There 75w. Cant use them in regular sockets. I may have to get them from an eletric store. I have one of those locally also. Ive been looking for CFL that size for a while now but couldnt find any that works in regular sockets. Or they werent 6500k. I really dont need any more lights but since I started growing ive been attracted to all types of light bulbs. :laughtwo:

haha tell me about it! I don't even see "bulbs" anymore, I'm analyzing every light source I see haha, lumens, watts, color temp.. it haunts me :laughtwo:

I have a question for you guys. Is there any advantage to GLR other than $$ savings? If that's the only + then I would probably prefer to go safe with 16/8 or 20/4. I noticed a lot of people love GLR so it's worth considering. Does anyone have some experience with it? Even better, anyone done a same-strain grow under glr and regular 18/6 :)?

I have a question for you guys. Is there any advantage to GLR other than $$ savings? If that's the only + then I would probably prefer to go safe with 16/8 or 20/4. I noticed a lot of people love GLR so it's worth considering. Does anyone have some experience with it? Even better, anyone done a same-strain grow under glr and regular 18/6 :)?

They say you get the fast growth you would get when your flowering

my scrog was grown with glr, and fluffy Jr was rescued from a 18/6 grow all the same plants, same mother too
I would say that the groth is the same but in reallity I cant compare the two because the person I got fluff Jr from wasnt taking as good of care of her as I was. but I do believe that the glr plants flowered faster and bigger after the switch to 12/12 compared to my other grows.

Thank you for the input :thanks:
I noticed a lot of people report the same stuff Wiz and Fish are talking about.. then again GLR has a large number of haters for some reason lol! I'm reading more on it, I'm doind 20/4 right now but might be switching to GLR soon..

Thank you for the input :thanks:
I noticed a lot of people report the same stuff Wiz and Fish are talking about.. then again GLR has a large number of haters for some reason lol! I'm reading more on it, I'm doind 20/4 right now but might be switching to GLR soon..

Hey some of your best buds said good things about GLR and we are using the lighting schedule as we speak so thats very good A grade feedback :thumb:

DP sais he seen it in a mag he was reading, but all info is good threw the web. Easy google!

I aint going to preach, but I will say that the closer you get to the equater the less hours of daylight. as a matter of fact the most light it gets is 12/12.
some of the finest weed comes from an area that is near the equater. so this is my opinion that mj can be grown very well with less light.
now I know that you can look at a humongus cabbage in alaska with 20 hours of light a day.
but the question is will that cabbage taste as good or if not better then a cabbage grown at its regular pace.
sure you can get yield from exstended light but is the pay off equal?

I aint going to preach, but I will say that the closer you get to the equater the less hours of daylight. as a matter of fact the most light it gets is 12/12.
some of the finest weed comes from an area that is near the equater. so this is my opinion that mj can be grown very well with less light.
now I know that you can look at a humongus cabbage in alaska with 20 hours of light a day.
but the question is will that cabbage taste as good or if not better then a cabbage grown at its regular pace.
sure you can get yield from exstended light but is the pay off equal?

Well put fishy!
I heard subcool talking about his friends in hawaii having trouble growing big plants outdoors because the island naturally get 12 hours of darkness all year around. Their seeds sprout into flowering so they prefer vegging them to a certain size indoors first. This has nothing to do with GLR but it's f'n interesting lol :).

Well put fishy!
I heard subcool talking about his friends in hawaii having trouble growing big plants outdoors because the island naturally get 12 hours of darkness all year around. Their seeds sprout into flowering so they prefer vegging them to a certain size indoors first. This has nothing to do with GLR but it's f'n interesting lol :).

IN A WAY i THINK IT DOES HAVE A LITTLE TO SAY ABOUT GLR.
its like the tropics + lol. but the dark period seems more important if you really think about it
as far as Quality goes rather then quantity.
did I say that already?

Here's a final update on the girls, they're all around day 70 and about to be chopped any day now. They yellowed up at day 60 and started dropping leaves. I stopped N feeding around day 42 (week 7). I stopped all feeding about 10 days ago. They got molasses for a week, and now water for another, and then chop.

Flash Babylon
IMG_029917.JPG
IMG_030116.JPG
IMG_030215.JPG

Big Devil (I call BS on the "big" part of the name lol)
IMG_030315.JPG
IMG_030416.JPG

AK
IMG_030815.JPG
IMG_030913.JPG
IMG_031015.JPG

B. Lee
IMG_031210.JPG
IMG_031317.JPG
IMG_031413.JPG

Siberian was moved to darkness yesterday and will stay for 72 hours. I'll then do a quick update about her during the chop. She's fat :) I'm hoping for 2oz (the optimistic part of me actually sees more than 2oz on her).

Here's a final update on the girls, they're all around day 70 and about to be chopped any day now. They yellowed up at day 60 and started dropping leaves. I stopped N feeding around day 42 (week 7). I stopped all feeding about 10 days ago. They got molasses for a week, and now water for another, and then chop.

Flash Babylon
IMG_029917.JPG

Looking good on the grow. What is that contraption you have there in this picture??

That's a UV thing "odor eliminator". I just happen to have it so I put it in there. I have it there for killing any mold spores or harmful bacteria. With the air circulation in there I really doubt that it does anything to be honest lol.

Looks like a factory of happyness:)

Back
Top Bottom