First Time Grower - 3 Auto Strains

Badddd Doggg

Is this a clone or a seedling. It's the coolest looking plant. I have only ever really dealt with clones so I haven't seen a seedling. My girl has like 8 side branches that's are 5 inches or longer. It's going to be sweet harvest. I counted 36 separate flowers :) so I'm hoping for a decent amount of bud.

I see nug of the month I do:)

So this came from 5 bags. It ranges from powdery green'sh to very gooey waxy brown.

IMG_026122.JPG

Nice job! Looks like well over an ounce? My High Jack is coming down in the next few days. I'm having a hard time keeping that wild hay smell off the buds from the Auto#1. They hung and box dried for 3 days then went to a jar. The RH stayed around 46. Some stayed wet and I pulled them from the jar for a day. That dried them out. Basically I wait till their a bit spongy and almost dry. I open the lids daily to air them out. How did the drying go for you on the diva?

:thanks: Spring, I'm expecting less than an oz. I would love to grow another autoblueberry and take care of her to see the full potential.
Diva dried for about 4 days then went in jars. The hay smell gradually faded (over 5 days). Now it tastes/smokes/smells like proper bud. It's strange that #1 is still holding on to the green flavor. You think it didn't dry enough? Diva is my only experience in drying and she was fluffy. I'm guessing dense buds need a little more time drying? This is all thoughts, I don't really know what I'm talking about :) I remember the day diva went into jars the buds felt quite dry on the outside (like rough dry) and the stem snapped when broken instead of bending. That's what I went by. My drying conditions were 45% RH at 72 degrees with almost no air movement (in a closet with the occasional closet burp).

:thanks: Spring, I'm expecting less than an oz. I would love to grow another autoblueberry and take care of her to see the full potential.
Diva dried for about 4 days then went in jars. The hay smell gradually faded (over 5 days). Now it tastes/smokes/smells like proper bud. It's strange that #1 is still holding on to the green flavor. You think it didn't dry enough? Diva is my only experience in drying and she was fluffy. I'm guessing dense buds need a little more time drying? This is all thoughts, I don't really know what I'm talking about :) I remember the day diva went into jars the buds felt quite dry on the outside (like rough dry) and the stem snapped when broken instead of bending. That's what I went by. My drying conditions were 45% RH at 72 degrees with almost no air movement (in a closet with the occasional closet burp).

The Blueberry looks amazing - definitely enter nug of the month!

For curing, I'm treating mine exactly like cigars. I've bought some mini digital hygrometers, dirt cheap, and I'm going to hold the bud at 68-70% RH in the glass jar. If you buy a cheap hygrometer calibrate it though (put it in a sealed tupperware container overnight with a teaspoon of salt that's had a few drops of water added to make it a sludge - should read 75%)

What I'm going to order is a "Puck" which I'll keep in the jar with the bud. They're for humidors but have RH beads which keep the humidity constant; and they come in different humidities; 65, 68, 70. Put a small amount of distilled water in it and it will bring the humidity down if its too high, and raise it if too low.

I love cigars and I think that keeping and curing weed will be very similar. For cigars 68% is spot on so that's my target RH for curing and long term (unlikely!) storage

The Blueberry looks amazing - definitely enter nug of the month!

For curing, I'm treating mine exactly like cigars. I've bought some mini digital hygrometers, dirt cheap, and I'm going to hold the bud at 68-70% RH in the glass jar. If you buy a cheap hygrometer calibrate it though (put it in a sealed tupperware container overnight with a teaspoon of salt that's had a few drops of water added to make it a sludge - should read 75%)

What I'm going to order is a "Puck" which I'll keep in the jar with the bud. They're for humidors but have RH beads which keep the humidity constant; and they come in different humidities; 65, 68, 70. Put a small amount of distilled water in it and it will bring the humidity down if its too high, and raise it if too low.

I love cigars and I think that keeping and curing weed will be very similar. For cigars 68% is spot on so that's my target RH for curing and long term (unlikely!) storage

exactly! reps for saving me from typing all that another time:)

GK good info man :) I was thinking there must be something to fit the description of the puck you're talking about and there you go! Thanks for the tip. Good info on drying.
I checked on the blueberry nugs and they're drying real nice. The closet smells lovely :) I turned them around on the net and I'll give them 2 more days. I just checked out the nug of the month thread. I've never ventured to that part of the site. It's awesome having a thread of pretty nugs to vote for lol!! :tokin: I noticed the contest is open till the 15th. If blueberry dries in 2 days I'll add her :) :slide:

you can get it dried. no one has to taste it here so thats up to you. I could maybe vote for your nug if it looks as good as the whole lady you got and I'am sure it would!

Thanks for the info on drying. My environment is the same. Could have went another day then jars. I have two jars that the buds are still damp. The main top was like that 2 days ago. I left her out for 12 hours or so and it dried up fast. Maybe too fast. The other jars have dried buds in them that I am using for daily activities. When I break them up they smell good. The taste is a bit harsh but not with every bud. So that tells me there are opportunities with my drying curing process. I'm gonna look over the high Jack tonight and see if she is ready for at least 24 hours of dark before harvest.

I have two cigar humidors. One is full of my favorite smokes ( Rocky Patel, Feunte especially the Hemingway series, and Cohibia though there not worth the price points offered in singles.. The short story is a killer smoke. I do have a " Puck " we just call em RH jars but either way I may try it out with a few of the High Jack buds. Ill take a few photos later. My question would be whether to dry them or cure them in a humidor?

Hey guys here are a few pics of what I use for my cigars. The humidors are cheap. I paid 30 for the one that has a glass top and 25 for the enclosed one. They are lined with cedar which is why I never thought to use them. I know that the cedar layers itself in the wrapper of a cigar. You can get bigger humidors than this for 100 bucks. They could easily store a pound. I use the liquid gel to keep my humidity at 70%. I need to calibrate the hygrometers because they have been off since moving to this new house. The liquid gel jar was like 5 bucks. The puck type are 2 a piece. They basically have a type of rock-wool in them to regulate RH. Keeps my enclosed humidor at a steady 60%. I want it lower too cure I thought 40% to 50% RH? If My hygrometers are true than I should be fine with curing as is. Got to test em.

HPIM3222.JPG
HPIM3223.JPG
HPIM3224.JPG
HPIM3225.JPG
HPIM3227.JPG

It looks like I didn't catch the rescue in time. She's all seeded up. Luckily I isolated her for the first 2 days and took out all the pollen sacks (some were completely open). During those 2 days I freaked out and sprayed everything with water. The whole plant, the box it came in, all around it in the room, you get the point.. None of my other girls are pollinated so that's cool. I noticed her nugs were not getting any bigger, and autos show progress rather fast. So I took her out for an inspection and the upskirt view shows tons of seed pods inside the buds, all of them. I've never seen a seeding plant, but there's not doubt they're seeds, they just look like something a seed would grow in lol. I busted one of them and found this little green dot. Like a micro pea. Young seed?
I'm not sure what I'll do with her but I guess I'll let her ride it through and get some seeds :). Whether I'll keep it or send it back to a friend's house to finish is still not decided. I really don't want to keep her in the middle of my garden with the risk of having nanners in there and pollinating others.

Its an auto? If so oh man get the seeds.

Yep, she's an auto. Automax to be specific. There's so many seeds, every bud in the plant is pollinated lol. I'm definitely going to let her finish for some seeds :). I'm just hoping my friend can take her back to avoid the risk of screwing up my garden. If not, I'll have to figure out a way to let her grow. Maybe isolate her with one of the LED panels I got and let her finish by herself. Will the seeds all be auto :)?

Back
Top Bottom