First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

A couple of extra thoughts:

First, those pics were taken with an old Agfa 8x loupe taped to the lens of my phone and then cropped on the computer. Easy peasy!

Second, if I take off the top, I'll be washing it in a H2O2 bath (to get the BT off), trimming it, and hanging it to dry next to the CFL area in the shed, shielded from the light by the wrap-around reflector wall. Think that will be dark enough at night? I will be making sure the RH stays around 60% now (no nighttime watering) so I don't get a mold problem.
That taping the lense to the phone idea just saved me some money cuz I forsure was about to buy new loop....otherwise they are looking good bruh I'm not much help on when to pluck and prune and harvest since I messed up my last one but I'm fasho glued in to see how this goes

That taping the lense to the phone idea just saved me some money cuz I forsure was about to buy new loop....otherwise they are looking good bruh I'm not much help on when to pluck and prune and harvest since I messed up my last one but I'm fasho glued in to see how this goes

Glad to have you along for the ride! I'll be taking pics and posting the whole journey, right down to the canna-root lotion, so stay tuned...

I think your day to day. You probably have a pretty decent sized window where it's not going to be 'bad stuff'.

Good to know, thanks! Since this is my first grow, and as I mentioned I have a lot of disbelievers in my crowd, I want to end up with something comparable to the stuff they get at the dispensary. It's a personal challenge for me, since I can pretty much grow anything. I hate doubters!

I'm looking at these pics and thinking that I'm going to take the top cola off Blueberry 1 this weekend. I don't want a lot of amber because, as this is a 15/85 indica dominant strain, I don't want too much couchlock on it.

Thats not really how this part works thats why I was saying try those buds you pulled because that will tell you how potent the effect is now all your effecting is the duration of the high

Sunday funday everybody! Lots to get to so let's dive in...

First, spider mites. Mostly on Blueberrry1 (the oldest) so I'm spraying the undersides every morning with Dr Earth Final Stop insect killer. I'll give that a few days and see how it goes. I don't think it kills the eggs but it's pretty mild on the plants and me so that's where I'm starting. Also, I don't think these are cannabis-specific mites because I see the webbing on the flowers in my window boxes. If they don't slow down what's my next mildest option?

20170723_102046.jpg

20170723_085142.jpg

Blueberry 1 at day 75. I decided to give it a flush/cleanse/leaching today to see what it does. I ran the hose water through it which comes out at 105 PPM.

First runoff was 888
20170723_091806.jpg

I probably had to run 14+ gallons through it to get it down to 126 which is where I stopped.
20170723_101138.jpg

pH in out was about the same as the pH in of the hose:
20170723_101208.jpg

It hasn't been taking up much water lately and the bud fans are still taco shaped and dry, so I thought I'd see how it responds to this.

BB1 looks nice, if you think about it in a few days, how about a ruler shot?

I have read that when flushing with water, it takes ~72 hours for the effects at the bud. Don't know if that is true or not, but it makes sense to have a few days between flush and harvest.

My plant looked and acted better after the flush. I also did the flawless finish. No clue what yet.

I have snipped a couple bowls worth of buds to try. Thinking about it today, although their not near dried...I will wait.

where are you going to hang yours at to dry?

I just watched a video where someone made hash with dry ice-just added the dry ice to the bud in a pot, then put it on the 72 screen over a mirror and shook. I might try that vs water, seems easier, and no wet hash.

I have read that when flushing with water, it takes ~72 hours for the effects at the bud. Don't know if that is true or not, but it makes sense to have a few days between flush and harvest.

My plant looked and acted better after the flush. I also did the flawless finish. No clue what yet.

I have snipped a couple bowls worth of buds to try. Thinking about it today, although their not near dried...I will wait.

I'll keep you posted on the effects of the flush. Very curious as to what it's gonna do.

There's a quick dry journal on this site you can look through if you want to speed it up.
How Do I Quick-Dry My Buds?

I'm not sure what the quick dry test does tho since it doesn't have the same effects as a full dry/cure.

where are you going to hang yours at to dry?

I was gonna hang it on the other side of the reflective barrier. Won't be completely dark at night but with the tin-foil hats and the shiny wall it should be ok back there. Have to get another fan tho to circulate the air outside the CFL area.

I just watched a video where someone made hash with dry ice-just added the dry ice to the bud in a pot, then put it on the 72 screen over a mirror and shook. I might try that vs water, seems easier, and no wet hash.

Don't know where you buy dry ice but if you post a link to the vid I'd like to check it out!

I can do requests!

22 1/2" to the top
20170723_125808.jpg

8" top cola
20170723_125845.jpg

And my makeshift stake to hold up the weight!
20170723_125818.jpg

Back
Top Bottom