First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

First Grow - Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

Wow Kingjoe! What an amazing flurry of helpfulness, all on a rapidly dying battery! That's why posting on this site is so great...getting help from Joe when he should have been searching for a charger! Thanks for all that info and I will def be posting the results of the flush!
:thanks:

Anytime man just looking out.

Ps you did all the work google it first .

That's what I'm learning then ask what we can't put together or seem to grasp ...

While I wait for something interesting to happen as a result of the Blueberry 1 flush, here are today's photos.

Blueberry 1 (day 77) soil still weighs a ton. Not much evaporation/transpiration happening, and I think I pulled a muscle in my back carrying it out of the shed and into the sun this morning! Very little color change on the trichomes, but there's no hurry.

20170725_075227.jpg

Top cola:
20170725_075241.jpg

Macro 1:
20170725_081008.jpg

Macro 2:
20170725_081016.jpg

I'm still looking for the value in testing buds off the plant to see if it's done. I understand that quick-dried buds won't taste as good or be as smooth, but doesn't curing also change the "high" as well?

And here's Blue 2 on day 66. Lots of yellowing of the fan leaves, which I've been removing as they lose all their green. I have to remember that I removed most of the lower fans on Blue 1 by this time so I don't have a frame of reference as to whether this is normal, so I'll have to pay attention to that in my next Blue grow.

I'd say the trichomes were mostly cloudy with some glass remaining.

20170725_075444.jpg

20170725_075521.jpg

Main cola:
20170725_075539.jpg

Macro 1:
20170725_081148.jpg

Macro 2:
20170725_081128.jpg

I'm still looking for the value in testing buds off the plant to see if it's done. I understand that quick-dried buds won't taste as good or be as smooth, but doesn't curing also change the "high" as well?

Here's my example from another thread:
Only after 2 weeks curing my baby boom it's gone from an effect that I wasn't real keen on (very confused effect) to a pretty clear relaxing effect. I can't wait to see how it is in another 2 weeks:)

Curing changes the high, no?

Here's my example from another thread:

Curing changes the high, no?

Yeah make sense but it's suppose to get better now worse lol

Yeah make sense but it's suppose to get better not worse lol

True, but looking at this from a purely scientific standpoint (which we seem to have to do in order to grow good dope), one person's better is another person's worse. BlackThumbs didn't like the "confused effect" he got early in the cure and now is liking the "clear relaxing effect" he's getting as it progresses. Someone else may be looking for the complete opposite. I wonder which one of them (if either) would have been happy with what they tested the day it was harvested. And even if they were, it wouldn't be what they end up with.

Seems like the only science is to harvest in stages based on the trichomes and curing separately in marked jars, and then finding your favorite ratio after the cure. Going forward you can harvest at that ratio on future grows of that strain.

Obviously if your clean out of dope and need something to smoke, all this goes out the window!

No pictures today. Just an update to say everything is pretty much the same this morning, and unless I'm missing something, the flush of Blueberry 1 hasn't had any effect at all. If it ever gets dry again, I may give it some food as it looks like it could be quite a while before chop.

Let it dry out a bit bud it a weed we will get u growing again

OK, now here is Blueberry 1 day 79, having been flushed on Sunday. I'm seeing what I think are foxtails, along with some strange ball-shaped things at the top of a few buds. Still wet so no feeding today.

Whole plant:
20170727_082056.jpg

Top cola with foxtails:
20170727_082251.jpg

20170727_084114.jpg

Lower bud with foxtails:
20170727_080138.jpg

Strange ball-shaped growth on top of buds:
20170727_082233.jpg

20170727_083921.jpg

Are those foxtails? What are those ball-shaped things on some tops? And is this from the flush or natural ageing process?

Thursday update with new photos and questions!

Let's get started with the basics. Here's Blueberry 2 humming along quietly on day 69. Not much to say except that I watered this morning with:
3ml cal/mag+
1 tsp TigerBloom
3/4 tsp Open Sesame
Solution in was 5.9 pH and 780 PPM.
First runoff was 5.9 pH and only 160 PPM!

20170727_082045.jpg

Bring up your ppm
A bit more I'm pretty sure it is eating your nutes up lol

OK, now here is Blueberry 1 day 79, having been flushed on Sunday. I'm seeing what I think are foxtails, along with some strange ball-shaped things at the top of a few buds. Still wet so no feeding today.

Whole plant:
20170727_082056.jpg

Top cola with foxtails:
20170727_082251.jpg

20170727_084114.jpg

Lower bud with foxtails:
20170727_080138.jpg

Strange ball-shaped growth on top of buds:
20170727_082233.jpg

20170727_083921.jpg

Are those foxtails? What are those ball-shaped things on some tops? And is this from the flush or natural ageing process?

I would natural aging but no pro here

I would natural aging but no pro here

Thanks for the vote of confidence Joe! I've read a lot on foxtails, but the non-genetic reasons all seem to be related to heat/light stress, which this plant is def not suffering from, especially since it's happening on the bottom buds as well. It is a bit high in the RH dept for flowers at night (~70%) but there's nothing I can do about that for now except not put it under the CFLs. Tough trade-off.

Maybe the flush is fostering some new growth having cleaned out whatever issues might have been lurking in the soil. I'll let it go a few more days and keep an eye on it, but since I'm seeing more amber on the top cola, I may take that off this weekend and let the rest ripen a bit longer. And I will be flushing the other on the next watering to have clean soil to work from into final ripening.

It's definitely an adventure, this growing thing! :Namaste:

Man, you have done a magnificent job with these. I can only hope my kosher kush gals flower so nicely. You have a GREAT grow going. Check mine out, if you wish.

Thanks Fender (I have a black and white Japanese strat btw, circa 1992)! I have to keep reminding myself that this is my first time and not to expect it to go smoothly, and that the issues for outdoor growers can be very different from the mostly indoor growers on the site. As long as I can get something of value off these plants I can disprove the disbelievers in my group!

I will def check out your grow. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom