First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

Thanks for the vote of confidence Joe! I've read a lot on foxtails, but the non-genetic reasons all seem to be related to heat/light stress, which this plant is def not suffering from, especially since it's happening on the bottom buds as well. It is a bit high in the RH dept for flowers at night (~70%) but there's nothing I can do about that for now except not put it under the CFLs. Tough trade-off.

Maybe the flush is fostering some new growth having cleaned out whatever issues might have been lurking in the soil. I'll let it go a few more days and keep an eye on it, but since I'm seeing more amber on the top cola, I may take that off this weekend and let the rest ripen a bit longer. And I will be flushing the other on the next watering to have clean soil to work from into final ripening.

It's definitely an adventure, this growing thing! :Namaste:

It's definitely an adventure, this growing thing! :Namaste:[/QUOTE]

That's a big 10 4

Just wanted to get this pic up. I went to the 420 site and looked at the pics of the Blueberry they posted, and it seems to foxtail on their's as well. So yes, all's good. Thanks for your calming words!

Blueberry_20Autoflowering-3_jpeg.jpg

Morning everyone. It looks like I may have the spider mites under control, though the Dr Earth Final Stop is too expensive so I'll be looking for an alternative when this bottle is done.

Blueberry 1 is finally starting to dry out so my back is feeling better, thank you!

Nothing but macro shots today. Don't think Blue 1 is ready yet, so I'll probably feed it over the weekend when it's really dry.

Enjoy!

Blueberry 1 day 80 top:
20170728_083233.jpg

20170728_083349.jpg

Blueberry 1 day 80 lower:

20170728_083410.jpg

Morning everyone. It looks like I may have the spider mites under control, though the Dr Earth Final Stop is too expensive so I'll be looking for an alternative when this bottle is done.

Blueberry 1 is finally starting to dry out so my back is feeling better, thank you!

Nothing but macro shots today. Don't think Blue 1 is ready yet, so I'll probably feed it over the weekend when it's really dry.

Enjoy!

Blueberry 1 day 80 top:
20170728_083233.jpg

20170728_083349.jpg

Blueberry 1 day 80 lower:

20170728_083410.jpg

how much longer u going to wait?

how much longer u going to wait?

Damn good question! I don't think I'm at 20% amber yet and there's still some clear. Also I'll be out of town 3 days next week, so I either chop Tuesday morning (and bring it with me to dry in a box!) or I wait until Friday and take my chances with too much amber. I'm seeing new growth on the top bud (pics below) so I'm in a quandary.

I guess Tuesday morning will tell. Either plain pH water and leave or chop, box, and bring.

Saturday morning and I woke up too early but gotta move the plants into the sun so whatcha gonna do?

Blueberry 1 on day 81. Still not dry enough to water, especially since I'll be gone 3 days next week, so I have to balance when I water with when I'll be here. As I said above in my reply to nobodyhere, I'm seeing some new growth on the top bud along with clear trichomes, so I'm unsure about when to cut the top off this one. In addition, if I chop before I leave on Tuesday I'll have to take it with me in a cardboard box to monitor the drying process which will be more of a PITA than to do it here.

20170729_090302.jpg

Top:
20170729_090312.jpg

New Growth:
20170729_090343txt.jpg

And this is Blueberry 2 on day 71, who also got 1.25 tsp TigerBloom and 3/4 tsp Open Sesame, along with 3ml cal/mag+. PPM in was around 800 but this runoff was down at 135. I even ran another gallon of the same solution through it to see if that number was an anomaly, but it came out the same. So AK is getting too much and this isn't getting enough. If I add more TigerBloom I'll probably have to adjust the pH up with baking soda (I got baking soda!) and I don't want to burn it, so maybe I'll just keep calm and carry on where I am. Argh so many decisions!

20170729_090002.jpg

20170729_090102.jpg

Top 1:
20170729_090151.jpg

Top 2:
20170729_090159.jpg

I hope your weekend goes well and is less confusing than mine!

Damn good question! I don't think I'm at 20% amber yet and there's still some clear. Also I'll be out of town 3 days next week, so I either chop Tuesday morning (and bring it with me to dry in a box!) or I wait until Friday and take my chances with too much amber. I'm seeing new growth on the top bud (pics below) so I'm in a quandary.

I guess Tuesday morning will tell. Either plain pH water and leave or chop, box, and bring.

Ignore the new growth, I have read that some plants will keep throwing new pistols all the time. My HK is doing it.

I would consider sooner vs later...but also, your going to travel with a stinky drying box??? That is going to stink!!!

Ignore the new growth, I have read that some plants will keep throwing new pistols all the time. My HK is doing it. I would consider sooner vs later...but also, your going to travel with a stinky drying box??? That is going to stink!!!

Thanks for the new-growth info! :thanks: I'll ignore it and just keep track of the trichomes. Which, upon inspection just now, I'm seeing more amber, on the top especially.

So I think I will at least take off the top on Tuesday morning, do the H2O2/water rinse, then put it in a box and bring it with. Don't need to worry about the smell as we're driving to an Airbnb. I'll bring a fan and cut some holes in the box for circulation and bring my RH meter as well.

Now that that's been decided, I think I'll give it some pH water now so it's not thirsty Tuesday. The rule is to cut at the end of dark?

Saturday morning and I woke up too early but gotta move the plants into the sun so whatcha gonna do?

Blueberry 1 on day 81. Still not dry enough to water, especially since I'll be gone 3 days next week, so I have to balance when I water with when I'll be here. As I said above in my reply to nobodyhere, I'm seeing some new growth on the top bud along with clear trichomes, so I'm unsure about when to cut the top off this one. In addition, if I chop before I leave on Tuesday I'll have to take it with me in a cardboard box to monitor the drying process which will be more of a PITA than to do it here.

20170729_090302.jpg

Top:
20170729_090312.jpg

New Growth:
20170729_090343txt.jpg

Very nice buds bud . nice and sharp looking

Back
Top Bottom