First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

I would try a small nug when it's ready to jar...you might be shocked at how good it is.

I did accidentally cut a small bud off when I was trimming so that's loose on the floor of the box. Might be the first to go!

Looks like a good smoke bud.. Congrats on harvest looking for a smoke report ..

Thanks KJ! Will post smoke report as soon as it gets fired up. Congrats on the blender scrape too!

You're a better man than me. And hey, pw is such a busy man. He's always trying to help members and he's got his own playhouse going. Have you checked out his grow? I haven't in a good while now. Looks to me you did awesome, especially for your first time. Keep it up. Sorry I just found this thread or I'd have been here sooner. Take care shed. :thumb:

I know pw is busy, can tell by his post counts alone! Just wondering why he'll be the first post in some random new grow journal titled "First grow please follow" but not so many others I've read that seem deserving of some experienced posters. Could be completely random but who knows what strikes his fancy :high-five:

I'm hoping to run these, 1 or two outside when I get em. To see how they do here in fl outdoors, as well as the short daylight hours from now until it cools off. Then I'll be putting my tent back up on the porch. Have nothing but tent & lights & floor fan, no inline fan, scrubber or whatnot. So the tent with lights (2 300w galaxy hydro leds) on is usually 15-20 deg warmer than outside. Can't wait. Love blueberry meds. Good day to ya!!

I don't think you have to worry about the shorter hours as long as you're getting good sunlight. May not be as good a producer as it might be in June but should be fine.

Not sure what you'll find but mine took 84 days so keep that in mind on terms of planning. Put up a journal for the grow, I'd like to follow along! PM me when you do so I can find it.

Also you can start outside and move into the tent once it cools down. I've got mine outside all day and under CFLs at night. Not a major indoor setup but gave them more light during the heavily overcast days of June and early July. Then I kept it up because more light is good! You can see my makeshift setup here:
First Grow - Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

If it's just a couple of pots you might be able to take advantage of the tent if it cools down enough at night.

Looks great Shed, awesome harvest for an auto! Bud washing scares me so bad though, have you always done it?

Thanks! And I can't really say "always" as this is my first harvest ;) but I will be doing it always from now on. It's just 3% hydrogen peroxide very diluted and I rinsed it off as well. Some growers just let it evaporate. If it works for Jorge Cervantes (who demos it in a vid on getting rid of powdery mildew) it should be ok for the likes of me!

What part of washing concerns you? There are a lot of growers on here who do it, some folks with a 2 or 3 bucket system!

I did accidentally cut a small bud off when I was trimming so that's loose on the floor of the box. Might be the first to go!

Thanks KJ! Will post smoke report as soon as it gets fired up. Congrats on the blender scrape too!

Thanks on route home now.

Looking forward to rolling a fresh fatty and putting. Feet up tonight...

OK, even though I'm gone for a few days, it doesn't mean I'm going to neglect all my faithful readers, so here's what else I did before I left.

While I was fan-drying Blueberry 1, I flushed the AK-47 so it can get a fresh start on nutes when I get back. For those concerned about wasting water, it all went to my other plants! I'd guess I put around 15 gallons through it.

Here's the PPM of the hose water @ 102 PPM, 6.8pH:
20170801_091025.jpg

Here's the first runoff @ 704 PPM, 6.2pH:
20170801_091235.jpg

And here's the final runoff when I decided to call it quits @ 167 PPM, 6.7pH.
20170801_093933.jpg

I think having a PPM meter is a really good idea and I had no idea how useful it would be when I started this!

I also fed Blueberry 2 with 3ml cal/mag+, 1.25 tsp TB and 3/4 tsp OS. Gave it 2 gallons because there was very little runoff after the first gallon. Water in was 800 PPM (including the 102 hose water) and runoff was around 150 PPM

MAN I may not be commenting but beat believe I'm watching like a hawk!!!...im following ur footsteps haha I plan yo h202 so I'm gonna copy u harvest method haha got my box ready for next week wen she is ready looking real nice bro.....dont even look like a rookie if u woulda never told me i woulda sworn u have hella grows under ur belts haha took me 3 grows to get where I am...CONGRATS BRO

MAN I may not be commenting but beat believe I'm watching like a hawk!!!...im following ur footsteps haha I plan yo h202 so I'm gonna copy u harvest method haha got my box ready for next week wen she is ready looking real nice bro.....dont even look like a rookie if u woulda never told me i woulda sworn u have hella grows under ur belts haha took me 3 grows to get where I am...CONGRATS BRO

Thanks man...like you said in your journal, it's always good to get feedback and not just views! :thanks:

I'm good at following instructions and I do a lot of research bf doing anything new and complicated like this, so it can look like I know what I'm doing. But that's only for the bits like washing and trimming and drying...all stuff with fewer variables and with excellent instructions you can find from growers who have been there. There's not a lot of differing opinions over drying or trimming methods.

The grow part (which you seem to be doing really well at!) is tougher because of the number of variables between strains and watering schedules/amounts and nutes and pests and pruning and harvest timing and growing mediums and all. So I end up with aphids and caterpillars and mites and taco leaves and who knows what else I could have done better.

But I really appreciate all the feedback and answers I've gotten here!

Why don't u submit that blueberry to plant of the month she is a MONSTER

Aww shucks, thanks! Can't see bothering with that. The whole damn plant was only 22" tall and that was like 10" under spec. When it's all dry maybe I'll submit the top for nug of the month if the it stays as pretty as it was when I trimmed it. Doubt I'd win though...have you seen some of the nugs posted in the pretty bud journal?

Thanks man...like you said in your journal, it's always good to get feedback and not just views! :thanks:

I'm good at following instructions and I do a lot of research bf doing anything new and complicated like this, so it can look like I know what I'm doing. But that's only for the bits like washing and trimming and drying...all stuff with fewer variables and with excellent instructions you can find from growers who have been there. There's not a lot of differing opinions over drying or trimming methods.

The grow part (which you seem to be doing really well at!) is tougher because of the number of variables between strains and watering schedules/amounts and nutes and pests and pruning and harvest timing and growing mediums and all. So I end up with aphids and caterpillars and mites and taco leaves and who knows what else I could have done better.

But I really appreciate all the feedback and answers I've gotten here!

Aww shucks, thanks! Can't see bothering with that. The whole damn plant was only 22" tall and that was like 10" under spec. When it's all dry maybe I'll submit the top for nug of the month if the it stays as pretty as it was when I trimmed it. Doubt I'd win though...have you seen some of the nugs posted in the pretty bud journal?
Haha ya I have seem then but I look at it as networking i know i won't win but I might catch the eye of someone and they come check out my journal....it actually worked for me last time my plant was so shitty looking dude was like bro u need to do this and that next time.

Haha ya I have seem then but I look at it as networking i know i won't win but I might catch the eye of someone and they come check out my journal....it actually worked for me last time my plant was so shitty looking dude was like bro u need to do this and that next time.

Hmmm....never thought of the networking aspect! Have to take a look at where you submit. Thanks!

Hey in the shed hope your swim was refreshing ..

Just wanted to say hi and hope everything is good bud . Sorry been quite lately. Work is nuts

Here's a question, how farked am I that my drying is taking place mostly over 85°? There's no AC in this place and it's still over 80° at 11pm. I'm trying to keep the RH up in the box by pouring water on the cardboard bottom and hoping that higher RH will slow the process down. RH runs from 54% to 65% or so, but I'm worried about the heat. Not that there's much I can do about it. Just wondering...

First Grow - Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

Here's a question, how farked am I that my drying is taking place mostly over 85°? There's no AC in this place and it's still over 80° at 11pm. I'm trying to keep the RH up in the box by pouring water on the cardboard bottom and hoping that higher RH will slow the process down. RH runs from 54% to 65% or so, but I'm worried about the heat. Not that there's much I can do about it. Just wondering...

Put a bowl of rice out ?

Oh wait heat not humidity.. hmm
Portable ac unit?

The temp matters but if you keep enough fans on plants that cools that off your temperature ? As long as around the plant is around 74-79 your okay. 80-82 max

Not 100% sure but last time around I messed up and had them in a dry tent and a small fan and they dried out in like a day and a half and i was super pissed so I think temp matters alot

RH is good, but in my one trial neither would overcompensate from each other. I was at 76 ish drying and it was still too hot. Try and get that down.

A closed paperbag with clothspins was slower than a box for me.

Back
Top Bottom