First Grow Journal

also frustrated with the post. every year at xmas they go on strike, pretty much holding the country at ransom. it's bullshit and the only reason my new pots arent here. i have roots coming through the bags now and i'm getting worried they need to be transplanted like right now..
Lol I hear the frustration. I just waited 27 days for a HLG 550v2 because of the postal strike. My new light came to Ontario first then traveled around Canada on a truck for two weeks. Then sat at the distribution center for 1 more before it got sent to me. Good luck I feel your pain.

awe man, Im just counting the day until i do the same fn thing lol. I pulled my back out feeding the plants yesterday. my set up has got to change. i can't be crouched down like that constantly.

Putting a table in soon at least 2 1/2 or 3 feet high. I'm just a mess working in cramped spaces lol.
I hope your back gets better I also feel your pain there as well. I just built a new 10 by 8 room for this reason. Ithas a 150liter 8 site RDWC system that will b fully automated for my back. It has a controller room (4by8)attached to it with a roiling chair for me to work wile I am in there. My back is fucked as well. Again hope your back gets better bro take it easy today. Play safe

I hope your back gets better I also feel your pain there as well. I just built a new 10 by 8 room for this reason. Ithas a 150liter 8 site RDWC system that will b fully automated for my back. It has a controller room (4by8)attached to it with a roiling chair for me to work wile I am in there. My back is fucked as well. Again hope your back gets better bro take it easy today. Play safe

Sounds like what I should be building toward. I already have the dwc parts on the way. Was already considering a drip system lol.

Everyone seems pretty happy. Messed up much solution a bit so ratio for this feeding was 4 4 1 with 1ml calmag and 1 ml floralicious at 725 ppm or 1455 ec.
Still waiting on my 10 gal bags. Some roots are poking out the sides. I'm not too worried yet but would like to start flowering in a week but want them settled into their new pots first

20181211_184234.jpg20181211_184226.jpg20181211_184216.jpg20181211_184207.jpg20181211_184145.jpg

Everyone seems pretty happy. Messed up much solution a bit so ratio for this feeding was 4 4 1 with 1ml calmag and 1 ml floralicious at 725 ppm or 1455 ec.
Still waiting on my 10 gal bags. Some roots are poking out the sides. I'm not too worried yet but would like to start flowering in a week but want them settled into their new pots first

20181211_184234.jpg20181211_184226.jpg20181211_184216.jpg20181211_184207.jpg20181211_184145.jpg
Looking good man. Nice colour and lots of new growth.

Looking good man. Nice colour and lots of new growth.

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to flowering. my buddy and i are gonna craft up some diy scrogs tomorrow and up pot. we both have plants in the same stage. i'm helping him as i learn lol.

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to flowering. my buddy and i are gonna craft up some diy scrogs tomorrow and up pot. we both have plants in the same stage. i'm helping him as i learn lol.

Good call those ladies of yours r going to go wild once you flip them. The scrog will definitely help keep them from getting to unruly. I also use a scrog to keep them under control.
I have one somewhere in there at about 20 inches LMAO

Fully recovered from a harsh round of super cropping. i litterally did every branch, some twice. Just feeding. a little high on the ppm about 800 with the slightest tip yellowing. might pull it back a bit or just let them catch up to it, if that's even a thing lol.
been feeding at a ratio of 321 grow micro bloom. with 2ml / gal calmag and 1ml / gal floralicious plus. I really think the plants are loving the floralicious.

after some reading i've decided to keep the 321 ratio for the first 7 -10 days after flipping. when the stretch starts to slow down i'll feed at a ratio of 111 for a week and then a ratio of 123 ratio of grow micro bloom for flowering. start upping the ppm shortly after the flip. This is the plan for now. I'm such a flip flopper that it may change.

starting 12/12 in a few days. scrog coming with the tent i ordered for my moms place so i'm gonna toss that on, tinker with it for a day then flip.

They look really good, to me anyway. feeling like i should get some decent buds from these girls. Not at all unhappy with the Phlizon lights.

Just the veg switch on from the 1200w Phlizon.
20181215_202928.jpg
20181215_203022.jpg
20181215_203047.jpg
20181215_203117.jpg
20181215_203141.jpg

With all the lights on.
20181215_203302.jpg

I honestly don’t know enough about them. I know your plants look very healthy though. Your for sure on the right track.

I just had a quick look at your soil grow. YOUR plants look healthy. wow. Seeing the pics like that, all the vets use the old school lights and the beautiful results. Pretty sure if the LED's don't cut it in the end i'll be looking into them. electricity is pretty expensive here tho so i guess i'd have to do some math first lol.

I just had a quick look at your soil grow. YOUR plants look healthy. wow. Seeing the pics like that, all the vets use the old school lights and the beautiful results. Pretty sure if the LED's don't cut it in the end i'll be looking into them. electricity is pretty expensive here tho so i guess i'd have to do some math first lol.
Thank you so much ! There never is one answer. I know my current goal is to get both LED, UV added to my HID. I bet with the 1000w, ventilation dehumidifier and or AC unit Make an impact for sure. I’m using all my will power not to get another set up lol. I’ve started collecting.

Thank you. what do you think about LED's? can i get a decent harvest with them in your opinion?

You can decent harvests with LEDs but it really depends on the quality and wattage. Some people go with low watt LEDs but I didn't have a great experience with it. Some nice nugs because you get a good spectrum but I went to HPS and still get good quality bud and they are bigger and more dense. My current grow is in my journal. I use organic supersoil and 4x600w HPS

You can decent harvests with LEDs but it really depends on the quality and wattage. Some people go with low watt LEDs but I didn't have a great experience with it. Some nice nugs because you get a good spectrum but I went to HPS and still get good quality bud and they are bigger and more dense. My current grow is in my journal. I use organic supersoil and 4x600w HPS

Yeah those are nice plants, man! if i had a hydro bill here i'd be able to tell you the price of electricity here in northern Canada, it's a big deal in our area and people are pretty upset.

Haven't looked into power saving units or if they even exist, but i'm very curious now, and probably do some heavy research on it before my next grow. White widow, I'll want to get as much as i can out of them.

Fully recovered from a harsh round of super cropping. i litterally did every branch, some twice. Just feeding. a little high on the ppm about 800 with the slightest tip yellowing. might pull it back a bit or just let them catch up to it, if that's even a thing lol.
been feeding at a ratio of 321 grow micro bloom. with 2ml / gal calmag and 1ml / gal floralicious plus. I really think the plants are loving the floralicious.

after some reading i've decided to keep the 321 ratio for the first 7 -10 days after flipping. when the stretch starts to slow down i'll feed at a ratio of 111 for a week and then a ratio of 123 ratio of grow micro bloom for flowering. start upping the ppm shortly after the flip. This is the plan for now. I'm such a flip flopper that it may change.

starting 12/12 in a few days. scrog coming with the tent i ordered for my moms place so i'm gonna toss that on, tinker with it for a day then flip.

They look really good, to me anyway. feeling like i should get some decent buds from these girls. Not at all unhappy with the Phlizon lights.

Just the veg switch on from the 1200w Phlizon.
20181215_202928.jpg
20181215_203022.jpg
20181215_203047.jpg
20181215_203117.jpg
20181215_203141.jpg

With all the lights on.
20181215_203302.jpg
Hey Remy how r things??? The plants look great. Every time you post there is new growth just busting out. Great job on meeting your ladies needs lol

Yeah those are nice plants, man! if i had a hydro bill here i'd be able to tell you the price of electricity here in northern Canada, it's a big deal in our area and people are pretty upset.

Haven't looked into power saving units or if they even exist, but i'm very curious now, and probably do some heavy research on it before my next grow. White widow, I'll want to get as much as i can out of them.
This is a situation we will all find ourselves in experienced or not lol. I myself if you cut me bleed HID. It’s been the heart of my Grows for many years with great success. How ever am now myself at this crossroads between HID or LED. I have a new room I will park my beloved 1000w SS HPS beside a HLG550v2. They will be lighting up a a 8 site RDWC system. The idea is to c if the same strain in the same system in the same environment on the same feed schedule on a level playing field which light will outperform. The led is expensive and sooo they say a true 1 k repaclement. I to am searching for the same answers you r lol. The room will b set up next week for a flower cycle.(the ladies r in veg)As @Advocate420 said there is no one answer here. Sooo many variables. I can say for sure my 1000 watt hps costs between 32 and 38 bucks a month to run(12 hrs on 12 hrs off) also the plants love the heat in my cold ass Canadian basement LMAO. I am afraid that the new LED technologies r sucking me in. They have lots to offer so I will c how my test goes. Good luck do your research before you buy lots of crap out there.

This is a situation we will all find ourselves in experienced or not lol. I myself if you cut me bleed HID. It’s been the heart of my Grows for many years with great success. How ever am now myself at this crossroads between HID or LED. I have a new room I will park my beloved 1000w SS HPS beside a HLG550v2. They will be lighting up a a 8 site RDWC system. The idea is to c if the same strain in the same system in the same environment on the same feed schedule on a level playing field which light will outperform. The led is expensive and sooo they say a true 1 k repaclement. I to am searching for the same answers you r lol. The room will b set up next week for a flower cycle.(the ladies r in veg)As @Advocate420 said there is no one answer here. Sooo many variables. I can say for sure my 1000 watt hps costs between 32 and 38 bucks a month to run(12 hrs on 12 hrs off) also the plants love the heat in my cold ass Canadian basement LMAO. I am afraid that the new LED technologies r sucking me in. They have lots to offer so I will c how my test goes. Good luck do your research before you buy lots of crap out there.
Check out my setup once it gets going(around Xmas). You can be the judge between hps and led with your own eyes lol. Play safe

Back
Top Bottom