First Grow In Over 20 Years! Northern Lights Under 600W LED

The buds don't take up nutrients. The plant uses the nutrients to create the sugars that build the buds. It's the dry and cure that determines the smoothness and taste of the harvest. I feed until harvest and I've had many friends say I grow the smoothest stuff they've ever smoked. Nothing gets smoked until it's been curing for at least a month.

Thanks Shed. Talk about an instant reply. I just read a really good article about curing so I will do my curing properly and use nutes right up till the end. Thanks again.

Told ya Homer...this guy knows his crap when it comes to flushing.

Thanks for summoning the flush expert buddy.

Homer, your ladies look awesome, superb job:thumb:
It is better to feed instead of starving, I too call in Shed on the link when I see a "time to flush" post. :laugh::rofl:

Thanks, Birdie, my garden's success is mostly due to the experts like you helping me. I like your "time to flush" line too. :laugh:

It seems like I am getting close to harvest time. In my first photo you can see on some buds almost 50% of my pistils are turning brown and curly.

!cid_1db5b062-5aae-4dba-a127-dd686a657161@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

On most of my closeup shots of my trichomes the quality of my crappy loop is so bad it is hard to tell if they are clear or milky but the trichomes don’t seem to be turning amber expect for on my last photo. I assume I have a week or two to go but I am keeping a close eye on it.

!cid_744fb874-291d-4c1e-adfa-c2cf530c8d1d@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_bc525c9c-c207-48d9-96ab-26aed81d290c@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_3562b8b8-286a-4a13-85e1-d6d32cbee34e@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Pistils shmistils. Get some white light in there for the trichome pics and let's get a good look at them!

I got a chuckle out of your forthright posting. I assume that you mean pistils are meaningless when it comes to determining harvest time. I appreciate the advice and I will concentrate on the trichomes but unfortunately my jewelers loop is a piece of junk and I am finding it pretty hard to get a picture that is either magnified enough or clear enough to really get a good look at the trichomes but I will give it another try after dinner to see what I can come up with using white light. Thanks for the input Shed.

Those pics would be fine in white light. Yes, pistils only count if you can't see the trichomes.

Ok, great. I will try and get some sharper pics with white light after dinner. Thanks again.

If you have a smart phone, make the lighting more natural and take a regular picture. You can zoom into the picture after it has been taken. I struggle to use the scopes. Also pistils don't tell the whole tale, but when you see orange hairs you can get a ballpark figure of 21 to 28 days left. The trichomes say when to PULL! Cheers!

Sorry about the delay but I had to have dinner and did some experimenting but I think my new pics are worth the wait because they seem a lot better.
!cid_6f730abd-7bb7-44c3-ba79-42ff38acf2f4@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_9dce3199-89b3-4297-84eb-f10deaaa28b8@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_10f86e4f-6408-49fb-be75-b94ac45d3168@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_7659d247-c1e0-4b27-9439-7742f198e9f1@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_29971d6d-9bc3-424a-8b0f-6cb5f93ad890@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Look at them with just the loupe so you can see where your trichs are at.

The focal length is so narrow and with my bad eyes I can't seem to see much of anything with just the loupe and not using the magnification from my phone.

Few clear yet, but they’re almost there

Great. I don't really see the difference between the clear and cloudy ones but I take your word for it. :thumb: Edit: actually on closer examination, I guess I can see some are cloudy and some are clear.

Back
Top Bottom