First Grow In Over 20 Years! Northern Lights Under 600W LED

Exact same pen I use...good job Homer! You'll be happy to know you got a good price. Amazon seling it for 65.00, which is up from 42.99 in August when I bought it. Just goes to show you need to shop around. Prices on Ama always up and down depending on supply and demand. :welldone:

We’re twins! I’ve been using mine since July and haven’t had any issues! Calibrate it weekly and make sure to use storage solution!
image.jpg

So this just came up...

How to store a pH meter after use

you'll see different opinions on what to do. For every topic there's a thousand answers. You have to find what makes the most sense to you while listening to top dogs like Penny, Shed, Krips and top birds like Birdie.

Thanks guys, Sauga and Dutchman, it’s encouraging to know that you two have the same unit and it works well for you. My old one drifted all over the place in readings and this one is rocksolid and stays on one reading and I have it calibrated so I am really confident now in my readings so I’m really glad I have it.

Right now it’s $59.22 on Amazon.ca so with delivery I probably would have saved a little by ordering it online over what I paid at my hydroponic shop but I didn’t want to wait a week and a half for delivery not knowing if I am hurting my plants so I’m glad I paid the little extra. Thanks again guys for all the input. Hopefully this and raising my light a bit solves my problems.:thumb:

So this just came up...

How to store a pH meter after use

you'll see different opinions on what to do. For every topic there's a thousand answers. You have to find what makes the most sense to you while listening to top dogs like Penny, Shed, Krips and top birds like Birdie.

Yes, I think I will go with the manufacturer's recommendation unless told otherwise by one of the top dogs, lol..

Yup, like I said, it's piece of mind so a few dollars extra could give you a better yield. I would have done the same.

I agree, everyone seems to swear proper pH is vital and with my crappy old meter I really wasn't sure so for the peace of mind I feel it is worth it.

You have to find what makes the most sense to you while listening to top dogs like Penny, Shed, Krips and top birds like Birdie.
Aren't you a sweetheart :hug:
(you can when you want to ;))

Homer Simpson is now going to be called
"Stoner Simpson"?

I
Homer Simpson is now going to be called
"Stoner Simpson"?

That is funny Birdie because after I made my profile I wished I had called myself, Homer Simpstone. lol. I hope you had a good Christmas Birdie. I wished you a happy holiday in my journal but I don't think you saw it.

I think you made a good decision, if you’re going to run hydro a good ph meter is critical.

Yes Pennywise, I am really glad I bought a better one too and appreciate you mentioning my pH levels.

It definately suits his avatar Birdie... :)

That is high praise!!

Sometimes her nest gets full and she misses the posts.... but she senses the love all the time and will always make a point of brightening your day.

Yes, she certainly is the forum's ray of sunshine!!

Awwww :hug: so sweet :circle-of-love:
I'm sorry for missing your post :(
It has been really stressful the past 4 days.
Found a house, a dream house, but landlord turned out to be a weird guy.
After all we have been through, it felt like I was talking to my ex.
Warning bells were going off in high speed and it took some time to shake off and sort out my emotions.
I have found a new (all though temp) house for 4-5 months from an old friend from school(yeah old... 30+ years ago)
She offered her cabin and it is safe.
I always say better safe than sorry.
:hug:
Edit: found the post :hug: Thank you :hug:
And, you have some awesome buds there.
The advice of lots of jars, is a good advice :)

Awwww :hug: so sweet :circle-of-love:
I'm sorry for missing your post :(
It has been really stressful the past 4 days.
Found a house, a dream house, but landlord turned out to be a weird guy.
After all we have been through, it felt like I was talking to my ex.
Warning bells were going off in high speed and it took some time to shake off and sort out my emotions.
I have found a new (all though temp) house for 4-5 months from an old friend from school(yeah old... 30+ years ago)
She offered her cabin and it is safe.
I always say better safe than sorry.
:hug:
Edit: found the post :hug: Thank you :hug:
And, you have some awesome buds there.
The advice of lots of jars, is a good advice:)

Don’t feel bad for missing my post Birdie; I am just glad you eventually saw it.:hug:

Sorry to read about your stressful days. That must have been incredibly frustrating finding your dream house but having a weirdo landlord. Like you say better safe than sorry. Really glad you found a house from an old friend you can trust.

And thank you; my buds seem to be doing pretty well with your’s and everybody else’s help so thanks a lot.:thumb::thanks:

They look like they have a ways to go yet. Plenty of time to bulk up. The brown spots appear to be calcium deficiency. Make sure your ph is around 6.0-6.2 and they will take up what they need.

It looks like your diagnosis and solution were right on again, Pennywise. Now that I have my new pH meter all dialed in when I adjust a gallon with nutes and calmag I only need around eight drops of phosphoric acid to get me to about 6.2 pH and with my own old meter it took me about 30 drops so I am sure my pH was way too low.

I was reading about calcium deficiency and it is caused by a too low a pH which I am sure I had now and it does reduce a plants ability to tolerate heat stress which is probably why the browning was worse around the buds closest to the light. So I gave my sick plant enough nutes and proper pH water to get about a gallon of runoff so hopefully that will get it on the right track again. Once again thanks for your expert opinion.

Despite my problems, I am still getting a pretty nice sea of buds!!
!cid_ae8454cd-f6b3-44bb-bfd5-0acde3d623ce@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Back
Top Bottom