First Grow In Over 20 Years! Northern Lights Under 600W LED

It is a beautiful pic and the buds will be juicy!.
Glad you sorted out the Def issue.

Thank you, Birdie. I am grateful how they have turned out and am thankful for all the expert help from all the great folks out here.

Yea they look great overall! Also always add calmag first when mixing nutes. Calmag will come out of solution if added after certain nutrients.

Thanks for that tip Pennywise because I always add my calmag after my nutes mixture so that may also be part of my problem. So glad I found this site because I had no idea how clueless I was till I started hearing from you folks. :laugh:

Happy New Year to you too Sauga and to you and yours in 2019. Hope the Mrs is feeling better.

Day Total: 83 / Flowering Days 44

After announcing my buds had stalled in growth during the haze of my oil OD incident after examining them with a clearer head I am pleased to announce they seem to be still bulking up nicely. I would estimate that I have at least 5 ounces but that may be wildly inaccurate but if I am in that neighbourhood I will be happy.

Pennywise, you were right about my leaf browning being due to bad pH because since I got my new meter the problem seems to have stopped getting worse.

Anyway here are the latest pics. They don’t look much different from the top.

!cid_42445987-3869-40be-b6a5-f5011b2e9197@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

These are of my Northern Lights photo plants which are the best budders.

!cid_7cb0fb6a-c7f5-4fb9-b5a4-27801c150ea2@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_82ec1078-dc63-4994-bb21-e02f1a242e63@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_188b8767-cee9-431f-a06f-a311bee6c73d@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_5066e6fc-8aa7-4028-995a-36f8aedb3f2e@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

This is my high CBD strain and they seem to be budding up nicely finally too.
!cid_01452873-e85f-43e1-bee9-4377b3fdb3fc@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Wow, there ya go partner. I see what you mean about the stalled growth!! You must drive real fast as well I bet ;)

Looks great buddy! It's a lovely smell when you squeeze the pistils and sniff your fingers. Sounds dirty I know, but man it's friggin awesome!

Wow, there ya go partner. I see what you mean about the stalled growth!! You must drive real fast as well I bet ;)

Looks great buddy! It's a lovely smell when you squeeze the pistils and sniff your fingers. Sounds dirty I know, but man it's friggin awesome!

Yes, my stalled growth proclamation was not one of my smartest moves. Sometimes its great to be so wrong, lol. They really do smell nice. At first they were more skunky but now they are more fruity and pleasant smelling and yes, awesome.:thumb:

It looks like the cloning of my Northern Lights for the next generation was a success thankfully.

!cid_83de3f9a-c90e-405d-ae6c-1711c9285191@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

I had to move things around a bit today in the grow room so here is a photo of the inside of my Northern Lights that is usually hidden. Not nearly the monster colas I have seen online but I am pretty content for my first grow.

!cid_3b1e4ce7-c91a-4cb6-ba3a-84819b32b132@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

A lot of my buds have some hairs that are brown and curly so I don’t think harvest is that far away. My jeweler's loop that is supposedly 40 magnification doesn’t seem to do a good enough job to tell if my trichomes are clear or milky but I think that’s okay because I am going to wait until 10 or 20% are Amber but I don’t see any Amber ones yet.

Captgtbvfure.JPG

Getting this close should I stop fertilizing and instead just start using straight water to flush them before harvest?

LOL! #noflushclub

Science here:
A critical look at preharvest flushing

The buds don't take up nutrients. The plant uses the nutrients to create the sugars that build the buds. It's the dry and cure that determines the smoothness and taste of the harvest.
Told ya Homer...this guy knows his crap when it comes to flushing.

Thanks Shed...! :peace:

Well honestly with the MegaCrop on my last grow I fed right up until it was time to harvest. Once I cured the buds there was no harsh taste and it was smooth as silk to smoke. However, many will tell you to flush.
I love bringing in @InTheShed when it comes to flushing!

I think I will take your advice because I plan on making oil more than smoking so I should be ok then and the test batch I made last week didn't seem to taste bad at all. Thanks, Sauga, hope things are well with you.

I think I will take your advice because I plan on making oil more than smoking so I should be ok then and the test batch I made last week didn't seem to taste bad at all. Thanks, Sauga, hope things are well with you.
Things couldn't be better, and no prob, just passing forward what I was taught.

Back
Top Bottom