First Grow Fluxing Test - THC Bomb Mars 400W II - Hydro DIY Flowtank

Here's a suggestion...and I mean only a suggestion....LOL.

Cut those bottom fans that were infected first. If it's a spreading type cause I would want to at least slow down the spread. Then I would cut the tips that are infected. And If I had to I would cut the leaves that are infected. Watch the new growth and reach out to others for some help. This is a drastic move but something's going on.

Is it on every leaf?

Gonna go do my morning 3 and i'll get back to you.

I'm curious to know the cause as well since it will help me and others nail it down also.

A quick google images search for calcium deficiency in cannabis & I found this, it's obviously worse on this picture but you get the idea
Calcium_Deficiency_in_Marijuana_Plants.PNG

So we know thru experience that LED lights will cause a cal deficiency but how early in plant life? Did others have this same issue when they used LED from the start and did they already know that they would need more cal?

Would adding extra cal at this stage hurt? If not do it right?

I bought some Cal/Mg when my tips were burning and found out I should have been using it sooner.

Just a thought.

I've just noticed this is a soil grow which makes it highly unlikely it's a cal deficiency. It's a bit of an odd one this & cutting off the affected parts may be something to consider but I'd monitor it closely & see if it gets worse before getting the scissors out.

I've just noticed this is a soil grow which makes it highly unlikely it's a cal deficiency. It's a bit of an odd one this & cutting off the affected parts may be something to consider but I'd monitor it closely & see if it gets worse before getting the scissors out.

No Skunny, it's hydro. He's using a different kind of plug.

Agreed on your last sentence....

Thanks to all of you for spending time on my case,

You sure you not getting water drops on leaves causing burn from light?

Honestly the seedlings look healthy enough it does not seem to be progressing badly, maybe grow through or out of it.

Yes i'm sure there's not water on leaves because removing the top tank when watering the lower one

What is your distance from the LED light panel to the top of your plant now?

Daer kingJohnC, distance between LED light versus the top is 22 inches. i was reading about a minimum distance of 18.

Looks like calcium deficiency to me

I like this question and statement.

Leaves look great other than the spots.

I also like the idea...which is the obvious course of action....until you can nail down the cause your only choice is to grow thru it and see what happens.

Never seen this problem this early....

Calcium at this early stage?? Anything is possible...

I really don't know about hits statement. While i had a first look to diseases charts it looked like for me as a cal def. but was not sure because very early, water was changed all three / four days. BUT i'm going to my growshop shop in few minutes and will ask him again,
Moreover just limited numbers of spots even on older leaves, witches would be more numerous in case of real cal def and still evolving

I'm one the first LED grower here on the Island so not so much experience to help me here :)

Here's a suggestion...and I mean only a suggestion....LOL.

Cut those bottom fans that were infected first. If it's a spreading type cause I would want to at least slow down the spread. Then I would cut the tips that are infected. And If I had to I would cut the leaves that are infected. Watch the new growth and reach out to others for some help. This is a drastic move but something's going on.

Is it on every leaf?

Gonna go do my morning 3 and i'll get back to you.

I'm curious to know the cause as well since it will help me and others nail it down also.

MY friend, a great pleasure to count on you again. It will monitor few days more before cuting anything :)

A quick google images search for calcium deficiency in cannabis & I found this, it's obviously worse on this picture but you get the idea
Calcium_Deficiency_in_Marijuana_Plants.PNG

Exactly you think as the same thing as me first, still not convinced but still investigating on this point.

So we know thru experience that LED lights will cause a cal deficiency but how early in plant life? Did others have this same issue when they used LED from the start and did they already know that they would need more cal?

Would adding extra cal at this stage hurt? If not do it right?

I bought some Cal/Mg when my tips were burning and found out I should have been using it sooner.

Just a thought.

this point make me think a lot, i'll buy some by default this morning.

It's my fault, SKUNNY sorry for having misled you. I've changed from soil to hydro during the grow. it may be hard to follow this first grow.

No Skunny, it's hydro. He's using a different kind of plug.

Agreed on your last sentence....

still love you man !!

A dose of Cal-Mag would be worth a shot in that case, as they do require more with LED

answer in few days we'll see :) thx again mate.

Morning update 10 min before led switched off

EC 0.34
PH 5.8
Temp 76 F
RH 55 %

Yesterday Night, this morning pics :

13062014b.jpg
14062014b.jpg

And general setup

20140614_095215.jpg

Hell I aint no expert on deficiencies etc and I know your hydro where things can advance fairly quickly. Yet I honestly believe your gonna be just fine!
I see plenty of people on here freaking the hell out over a few spots or discoloration with their plants. To me personally I dont stress one bit when my girls are at such a young age and looking a bit rough. These plants are normally tough little suckers and will grow out of it for the most part!
Anyway you have some proper knowledgeable growers aiding so all will be golden Im sure.

Hell I aint no expert on deficiencies etc and I know your hydro where things can advance fairly quickly. Yet I honestly believe your gonna be just fine!
I see plenty of people on here freaking the hell out over a few spots or discoloration with their plants. To me personally I dont stress one bit when my girls are at such a young age and looking a bit rough. These plants are normally tough little suckers and will grow out of it for the most part!
Anyway you have some proper knowledgeable growers aiding so all will be golden Im sure.

I agree with this 100000000%

I took some time off, stepped back a bit to think about what you said.

Does the plant still going to grow with just few spots, yes of course.
is it a time run for me, absolutely not.
Have i got others seeds in the worst case it fails ?, yes.
is it serious to be stressed more than really needed ? breath T. i normally dont stress for any of the worst life situations so, keep cool T.

One more time a golden advice ! Thanks for all

hi all,

all look quite good,

EC 0.5
PH 5.8
Temp : 79 F
RH 67 %

Install is clean, light is 22' from the top, i wait till one week before topping to third stage. I hope to make my first clone.

Pics are from yesterday today
13062014b.jpg

14062014b2.jpg

Keep up the good work, Tad.

Thanks a lot Maggies, the rest of my feeling in your grow journal. keep up the grow too :)

How tall is your plant now?

Hello KingJohnC, sorry for the late answer, was having a bath a nature far from computer, next step without my phone.

Plant was just 3 Cm / 1.2 Inch tall yesterday. I'll take a pic in two hours and measure it again, maybe she's 1.4.

I won't top before 4"/4.5".

hI aLL

Happy daily update

Ec 0.6
PF : raised 7.4, downed to 5.8
Temp 77 F
Rh 80 %

To answer KinghJohnC here above few pics, i begin with the yesterday today

14062014c2.jpg
15062014c.jpg

And now, show us your 1.2" profile baby !

20140615_161109.jpg

20140615_163616.jpg

20140615_163622.jpg

i tried a pic recap but failed, i'll try another day.

Ph still fluctuating to up, each time pump stops (my cycle 15 on 15 off) ph raise from 5.8 to 6.2/6.3.

I've washed the roots tanks very carefully and i'll see in one hour if moved.

See u later

Back
Top Bottom