First Grow Ever - Humboldt Dream 2024

I'm not gonna be flushing like everyone else my flush is just switching to water.
That's how I flush. ☺️ Just switch the last two weeks to plain old water and steadily decrease the amount given.

That bowl trimmer works on buds with the fan leaves still on? Who knew!
I'm lazy as hell bro. Don't leave the fan leafs on lol it works but it's just lazy. I'll do a nice dry trim by hand before I jar it.

Haha I can only imagine what all floated In that bucket after the wash!!! 🤢😁
It was oily looking had catapillars and dead lacewings also some aphids and all that comes with it. The water wasn't to dirty though it stayed clear. I'm not horrified like I thought I would be lol

Next year will be about working smarter not harder. I busted my ass off this year and I'm damn proud of it. But now it's time to reap the rewards I can and start to finally relax. I'd like to thank everyone for following along with my first grow ever big shout out to @Bill284 for being the first one in and giving solid advice all the way through my grow! Definitely follow him if you haven't even though I'm sure you all know him by now. Also like to thank my buddy @Mycelium Farmer for showing me this website it's the greatest opportunity for learning I could of hoped for. Like to thank @InTheShed for sticking around towards the end for additional help 🙏 and many thanks to everyone else for following along and supporting my grow it means alot to me being able to share my experience and learn daily with you. @420 Thank you for the opportunity you have given everyone here!

Next year will be about working smarter not harder. I busted my ass off this year and I'm damn proud of it. But now it's time to reap the rewards I can and start to finally relax. I'd like to thank everyone for following along with my first grow ever big shout out to @Bill284 for being the first one in and giving solid advice all the way through my grow! Definitely follow him if you haven't even though I'm sure you all know him by now. Also like to thank my buddy @Mycelium Farmer for showing me this website it's the greatest opportunity for learning I could of hoped for. Like to thank @InTheShed for sticking around towards the end for additional help 🙏 and many thanks to everyone else for following along and supporting my grow it means alot to me being able to share my experience and learn daily with you. @420 Thank you for the opportunity you have given everyone here!
are you doing a smoke report when its ready?

are you doing a smoke report when its ready?
Oh you know it. Can't wait to see how she smokes when I smoke the first joint and do the review for how she ended up that will be the end of this journal. Still a ways out.

This is a lot of harvest, my congratulations, friend!

Good morning man!
Congrats on making it through to harvest!
I bet the terpenes on those are fire.
I find truly good growers never stop learning.
That's what makes you a good grower man; you pursue the knowledge that is widely available, and still yet to exist.
Keep on keeping on! Will be back for the smoke report!

I made alot of friends I still have today with that hash ball 😆
FB_IMG_1728351042390.jpg

Here's my thought even though you were asking Bill:

@Amy Gardner told me years ago that trichomes will amber in the sun having nothing to do with ripeness, so they should be ignored in terms of gauging when to harvest. @BeezLuiz proved that point by having his outdoor harvests tested after chopping them based on a tent-based reading of the clear/cloudy/amber trichome mix. It turned out that the THC was much lower than expected with zero CBN, which should have been present in the presence of amber trichs. Here are his tests results.

He and I both use a new gauge for harvest timing outside now, and that is a clear/cloudy percentage range, along with a marked slowdown in water uptake and change in smell.
I've followed the trichomes a lot but outside my girls definitely slowed the drinking down significantly and the leaves don't quite stand up quite as proud as they used to and plus many faded leaves. Especially if it was colder than normal. 😎✌️

I've followed the trichomes a lot but outside my girls definitely slowed the drinking down significantly and the leaves don't quite stand up quite as proud as they used to and plus many faded leaves. Especially if it was colder than normal. 😎✌️
This is great info, I’ve been basing on trichomes since pretty much day one. It’s always worked out in my opinion but have never actually had mine tested. I too have always monitored water intake, noticed smell change etc but the water intake for me has always been about lowering feeding and watering. Change in smell, size/density of buds and amber trichomes have contributed to harvest with trichomes being primary indicator in my mind. So what % of water intake do you consider ideal? Should I ignore trichomes altogether or still give them a lower degree of import? Any other factors you can share?

Back
Top Bottom