First Grow Ever - Humboldt Dream 2024

Sorry about the early chop but rot will definitely make for quick decisions. Congrats on #1!
It's week 10... lol October 10th marks 10 weeks of flower
Just so you know, you can't use indoor week flower estimates with outside grows. 10 weeks at 12/12 is not what your plants got. Many breeders will give the outside estimates separately and it's usually listed by the month (late October for example).
Definitely should of notice these little guys sooner welp gonna pull my first lady here in a bit.
Weekly BT spray starting in mid August will stop that from happening next summer. :thumb:

Sorry about the early chop but rot will definitely make for quick decisions. Congrats on #1!

Just so you know, you can't use indoor week flower estimates with outside grows. 10 weeks at 12/12 is not what your plants got. Many breeders will give the outside estimates separately and it's usually listed by the month (late October for example).

Weekly BT spray starting in mid August will stop that from happening next summer. :thumb:
Noted: how do you calculate the outside growing time then? I have noticed the outdoor plants grow different. From hair to trichomes there's a definitive difference. 🙏🏻

Yeah I'm finding bud rot on some branches and just throwing that away. It started to show yesterday and I already lost about a quarter ounce worth of weed. Should I harvest everything ASAP so I don't lose more or wait until the sun goes down to finish

That's a great question!!! Kyle Kushman spoke about he feels that early morning harvesting is his preference because he says the trichomes/THC is at its top peak right before lights on. He recommends harvesting an hour or 2 before they start their usual plant routine for the day. Just thought I'd share 😊

how do you calculate the outside growing time then?
You don't, any more than you harvest by the breeder's estimates inside. The plant tells you when to harvest inside or out. Unless you're in ideal conditions, grow short flowering varieties outside for the best chance of getting to harvest.
Yeah I'm finding bud rot on some branches and just throwing that away. It started to show yesterday and I already lost about a quarter ounce worth of weed. Should I harvest everything ASAP so I don't lose more or wait until the sun goes down to finish
If the rot is caused by caterpillars I would cut that off and let the plant grow on. If it's just rotting then harvesting early will save what's left.
All my pistils are brown and curled and the trichomes are amber so I don't know if it's an early chop
None of your plants look "done" to me.

You don't think that looks done? I had my buddy come over who is a 30 year grower and he said it's ready yesterday.
1000004383.jpg

If I let it go any longer I'll lose weed at this point they won't pack on any more weight with a catapilar infestation. I found 10+ small catapilars this morning and my army of lacewings can't keep up. The catapillars fall from the oak trees and their is just to many to fight.

That's a great question!!! Kyle Kushman spoke about he feels that early morning harvesting is his preference because he says the trichomes/THC is at its top peak right before lights on. He recommends harvesting an hour or 2 before they start their usual plant routine for the day. Just thought I'd share 😊
Yeah I follow kyal kushman and jeorge Cervantes and suami select also dude grows show and cannabiochem some others I'm not mentioning but I have followed these people for a few years now. I love watching them they all grow differently but are all masters.

At the end of the day I had to make the decision to start harvesting the catapillars are vicious up here they are tiny so you can hardly see them and they double in size every single day until they hit an inch long so I could have 100s of inch long catapillars in a week. I don't have a the luxury of fighting this off this late into flower I'm not spraying my buds.

You don't think that looks done? I had my buddy come over who is a 30 year grower and he said it's ready yesterday.
Nope. That plant doesn't look close to senescence yet. I'm looking at the plant not the flowers.
they won't pack on any more weight with a catapilar infestation.
Sure they will, but only if you pluck out the caterpillars! And buds with caterpillars are perfectly usable. It's the rot that comes later that's the problem.
there is just to many to fight.
You can only do what you can do. I'm not going to talk you into putting off your harvest!

Nope. That plant doesn't look close to senescence yet. I'm looking at the plant not the flowers.

Sure they will, but only if you pluck out the caterpillars! And buds with caterpillars are perfectly usable. It's the rot that comes later that's the problem.

You can only do what you can do. I'm not going to talk you into putting off your harvest!
Yeah my plants are small compared to my friends. I didn't feed enough nutrients this year or give my plants the proper spacing or light. Next year I have many things I am going to change.

Yeah I follow kyal kushman and jeorge Cervantes and suami select also dude grows show and cannabiochem some others I'm not mentioning but I have followed these people for a few years now. I love watching them they all grow differently but are all masters.
Funny fact, I was not aware of their names til Dec 2023 lol. Although I've known of them since I was a kid. Looking at high times pictures and articles. For a long time I actually thought Kushman and Cervantes were the same guy cuz they had the same ' black glasses long black dreads black fake beard ' camouflage on 😂...guess the disguise did the trick!

Fact is I didn't get enough sun or nutrients that's it I also defoliated way to much and spaced my plants to close together and didn't use any pesticides so I did pretty good for my first run my next run will be better.

Btw BT is 100% organic.

It's a lack of sun that kept your plants small, not a lack of nutrients. Plants that lack nutrients show nutrient deficiencies. Yours don't.
Thank you for that I didn't even think about that but i do only feed nutrients based off my plants showing signs of deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom