First Grow Ever - Humboldt Dream 2024

It's not about look for me, it's about how quickly the soil dries between waterings.
In fabric bags here where I live they completely dry in 2 days from the heat 🥵

I learned this trick from @013:

long dowel rod or those kitchen bamboo skewers make for an excellent cheapie moisture meter. But to be effective they need to angled in from the outside such the pointed end of the dipstick hits bottom center of your grow bag. Leave it in place in the soil. for 30 minutes and remove it and by looking at or feeling the dipstick you can tell if it’s wet or dry below the surface of the soil…

I mean in 100° heat I'm not sure a dip stick is necessary I can stick my hands in the bags and the dirt is hot to the touch and the black fabric absorbs even more heat and airaits the inside I'm just saying where I live I kinda have to water every 2 days if the plants went without water for a week it would kill them here.

I learned this trick from @013:
Definitely will use that trick earlier in the year before the summer heat just so I don't over water I spent alot of money on water this year 😅

@Bill284 one of my plants is ready for harvest the other 3 have a few days left you think I should harvest the one in the morning before the sun comes out or give it a few more days I'm seeing all the signs for the bud the hairs are 90% brown and shriveled the nugs are dense and the amber on the sugar leafs is at 50% still waiting for your approval 🤣

Here's my thought even though you were asking Bill:

@Amy Gardner told me years ago that trichomes will amber in the sun having nothing to do with ripeness, so they should be ignored in terms of gauging when to harvest. @BeezLuiz proved that point by having his outdoor harvests tested after chopping them based on a tent-based reading of the clear/cloudy/amber trichome mix. It turned out that the THC was much lower than expected with zero CBN, which should have been present in the presence of amber trichs. Here are his tests results.

He and I both use a new gauge for harvest timing outside now, and that is a clear/cloudy percentage range, along with a marked slowdown in water uptake and change in smell.

Here's my thought even though you were asking Bill:

@Amy Gardner told me years ago that trichomes will amber in the sun having nothing to do with ripeness, so they should be ignored in terms of gauging when to harvest. @BeezLuiz proved that point by having his outdoor harvests tested after chopping them based on a tent-based reading of the clear/cloudy/amber trichome mix. It turned out that the THC was much lower than expected with zero CBN, which should have been present in the presence of amber trichs. Here are his tests results.

He and I both use a new gauge for harvest timing outside now, and that is a clear/cloudy percentage range, along with a marked slowdown in water uptake and change in smell.
So you're saying if they stop drinking as much and start to stink that's another way of checking for ripening?

So you're saying if they stop drinking as much and start to stink that's another way of checking for ripening?
I would if you could tell how much they're drinking!
It's hard to tell if they are drinking less or if it's evaporating lol 😆 but they have all kinds of different smells throughout the day.
Well that leaves you with checking the trichs on the calyxes rather than the sugar leaves. Ignore the amber and look to see what % are clear and cloudy.

I would if you could tell how much they're drinking!

Well that leaves you with checking the trichs on the calyxes rather than the sugar leaves. Ignore the amber and look to see what % are clear and cloudy.
8 gallons every 2 days for the big ones and 4 for the small ones that's why I think the small ones are ready.

Back
Top Bottom