First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

so you are getting a lot of small buds..well..mine is just starting so i don't know the size yet..and then i don't have any to compare with..except the jocks..i grew their momma last winter...inside..mostly under cfls..but they should be larger ...grown outside..yeah..go ahead with that breeding..have you ever tried to clone an auto ???...one thing i have noticed...everyone seems to be wanting large colas..those ni x bb..be sure to compare dry weight...i was thinking they would equal out...i don't think the buds on my reveg are going to be small..i'll know this time next week...maybe sooner...i got my potted plants tied down again...i even got weights hanging on some of the branches..bud sites are really coming up using that method...my scrog net area is 10 x 5.5 and i got buds on the outside of the frame...i'm going to have lbs..better get more jars...fridge clones are doing great...i'm going to pot my clones tomorrow and re-veg them...they will get sun all day and cfl at night...then when they are vegging i'll put them under a mh..stay focus...

Ya I figured as much, see when I started flowering the plants were roughly 2 feet under the light but they've grown tremendously and are now less than 4 inches( being a first time grower I didn't know what to expect height wise during flowering) and my closet has run out of room, I cannot raise my lights up any higher than what I have them, and I think the oscillating fan was perhaps blowing the bud into the bulb as I had to strategically place my buds around the light by using flexible gardening ties and tying my plants to each other to hold the buds in their designated spots, there was only two buds affected and fortunately the damage was minimal. I have two 400 watt lights in my closet, one being metal halide with a sun master warm deluxe flowering bulb, and the other HPS, and I notice the HPS side gives off considerably more heat, and that is the light that caused the damage. But all in all this grow has been pretty successful for being my first, and I'm in the beginning stages of my flushing, I hope you don't mind master Don but I'm about to post quite a few pics :) let me know what you guys think, so without further a due....enjoy, and try not to drool too much ;) my mouth waters just looking at these things
IMG_20120820_152933.jpg
IMG_20120820_152942.jpg
IMG_20120820_152958.jpg
IMG_20120820_153008.jpg
IMG_20120820_153405.jpg
IMG_20120820_153428.jpg
IMG_20120820_153548.jpg
IMG_20120820_153600.jpg
IMG_20120820_153021.jpg
IMG_20120820_153555.jpg
IMG_20120820_153620.jpg
IMG_20120820_171311.jpg
IMG_20120820_171315.jpg

The pics are of my jock horror and white widow x big bud, for being white widow its certainly not as white as I was expecting! My third plant is a space queen/space jill and she needs a couple more weeks so she's not quite worthy of pictures at this point.

Re: first cfl grow using 30watt cfls

Great info! Are those autos? Did you use any nutes?
they are not autos, I grew these from seeds, I used miracle grow for vegging and for flower i used 2 part sensi a & b, big bud, monster bud, and just recently been using floranectar to make my buds smell, taste and look delicious :)

Hi mate,
Lol.. Youre problem is one i hope to have soon! My current grow is already starting to bush out and will soon be too wide for the space..
Its my first attempt at an LST, she is sending shoots everywhere, and ive got a lot of rubber coated wire holding some branches in place too:) And also some tethered with string.. ITS ONLY GUNNA GET WORSE! When i flip her, at 4ft, she will be a beast and i think ill probably use over 100 metres of rubber wire n string s trying to get her into position!! lol..
But yeah any way your girls are lookin alright for a first grow:goodjob:
Hope there s some good smoke there son! Later mate, SMOKEMUP;)

dont worry about the pics mate, post what you like here, the plants all look good though mate, looks like they been well looked after.

ill be doing a big update tomorrow with pics,
the 2nd nl x bb might be coming down tonight its 100%cloudy with 10% amber trichs. or should i say 90% cloudy with 10% amber trichs,
the special kush is mostly cloudy but still a few days left yet, all have been flushed and are getting ready for harvest, the chronic fruity juice is also all cloudy, i want 10% amber on all the plants before harvest so the kush and the chronic have got a few days to go.

my blueberry auto is in flower i think, im really hoping its not in flower as its only 6 inches high, i have followed the guide on the breeders site and it says it needs wet soil to grow in and if its left to dry out then it will stop growing and to also keep the nutes to a minimum, i have not had problems with the nutes and have kept the soil moist, but i might let it dry out a few days and see if that makes any difference in rate of growth. i have got the blueberry auto and a bluematic, im thinking both will be pretty much the same just with different names as they are from different breeders.

so ill do a update tomorrow with pics and you can see how things are going, i harvested the top half of the monster cropped nl x bb plant and got just over 80g wet, so thats all drying and hung up, ill leave the other half on the plant till its 30% amber then ill harvest the rest, my plants in the small grow cupboard are ready to go under the hps to finish the veg stage off but till ive harvested these their is just no room.

my 2 hempies are growing like crazy, now they are different strains but the one without the air pump is no longer growing upwards its bushing out more now and the nodes are closer together than the other hempie,
the other hempie is still growing upwards like crazy, i have had to raise the hps again by 1ft just to keep it away from the top of the plant, i have had to raise my other plants about 2ft to keep them in the best light range, but this hempie with the air stone just keeps growing like crazy and the nodes are really far apart, not sure if its the strain or if its the air pump, their are clearly more buds on the hempie with no air stone and the nodes are a lot closer together and decent buds are forming, but the hempie that keeps growing has got big gaps between nodes and the buds seem smaller.

so tomorrow ill be doing an update with pics and you can all have a look whats going on and how things are going,

:hmmmm::hmmmm::winkyface:

Hi, my name is Heirloom. I don't have a (thick English) accent, but I can pretend!!

:rofl:

Haha well it looks like someone understood the line that I probably crossed there haha. Hmmm a fake accent eh? Like Leonardo dicaprio in Blood Diamond? That was an awful accent!

I have to be your friend, we both use BPN, we have a deep connection!

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics tomorrow! That's interesting about having wet soil with an auto, I wonder if that's what stunted my 60 day wonder in my first grow, remember, it just grew buds along the main stem, and didn't branch out at all. So maybe if I had kept her moist, then maybe it would have gotten bigger than letting the soil dry out before watering...

:) I'm also looking forward to seeing some pics of your sexy ladies master Don, I did have a question for ya though, you mentioned above about flushing your plants, and I was curious as to what method you use. I'm in the beginning stages of flushing, and I haven't read much info. on about how many times to flush, I know how to flush it, but for how long? My original plan was a full two week flush, so far I've been flushing every three days with about 75-80% run off, I'm using 3 gallons of fresh tap water enriched with the maximum dose of FloraNectar FruitNfusion which is 10mls per gallon, so 30mls per flush. FloraNectar is a sweetener to enhance the smell, flavour and taste of your buds. Mainly comprised of sugar cane, malt extract, and molasses
IMG_20120821_153005.jpg
I've flushed 2 times now, and the run off water was a brownish colour both times. Is the goal to have clear run off to know you've successfully removed everything? How many times do you typically flush before harvest? Anybody else feel free to jump in and let me know your particular methods as well, I'm open to all advice. I'm aware the flush should be just plain water and my last few flushes will be but I've read from a reliable source (420 magazine forums :) ) that flushing with plain water abruptly could possibly take away from the plants potential- read this under thread named: a critical look at pre harvest flushing......anyways any advice would help, I want the freshest tasting weed in Canada ;) I'm kind of a perfectionist like that

i think it varies from each strain, its just when i placed the order it said to be very careful with nutes and dont let the soil dry out as it stunts growth by loads, but the auto is showing sex at week 2 which is when my other autos showed sex, so im keeping my fingers crossed that its not starting to flower and it is just showing sex, if it is flowering then i wont be getting much off it at all, but my bluematic is nearly 2 weeks old and its only just growing its 1st set of leaves after the seed leaf, both are blueberry autos, i think the one is low life auto blueberry and the other is royal queen seeds bluematic so im thinking their roughly the same just a different name, but i could be wrong, so im hoping they both get big and give me more than the oz i got off the auto bomb. plus im hoping to get some nice purple buds, the only thing im unsure of is if it needs the cool temps, i know none auto strains need cool night temps to bring out the purple or blue in the buds, but is this the same with the autos, up till now they have been getting no dark period so im not really sure what to do, should i give them some dark and some cool temps or keep them under 24-0, i was reading they dont start flowering under 24-0 and they do need some dark period, well ive been doing that and they are still showing sex at 2 weeks, so does this mean they will still flower even if they dont get any dark period to start flowering, well i guess ill be finding out very soon.

Hi mate,
Lol.. Youre problem is one i hope to have soon! My current grow is already starting to bush out and will soon be too wide for the space..
Its my first attempt at an LST, she is sending shoots everywhere, and ive got a lot of rubber coated wire holding some branches in place too:) And also some tethered with string.. ITS ONLY GUNNA GET WORSE! When i flip her, at 4ft, she will be a beast and i think ill probably use over 100 metres of rubber wire n string s trying to get her into position!! lol..
But yeah any way your girls are lookin alright for a first grow:goodjob:
Hope there s some good smoke there son! Later mate, SMOKEMUP;)

Ya youll notice the plant I have on the far left is a sativa dominant strain, and because I topped and fimmed the crap out of it, its a giant out of control bush, I actually have some nylon string wrapped around all the branches at the bottom to kind of condense the bush to fit in there with my other two, nearly finished girls. My other two plants are nearly done so what I plan to do is when I remove those, is to release the bush from its stranglehold and maximize its yield with some last minute training and spreading the plant throughout my entire closet for its last few weeks. This would be an excellent strain for a scrog, mind you I can tell its not going to yield near as much as my indicas but I'm told its primo smoke and worth less yield. I am still yet to test my strains, I quick dried my white widow and it blew my mind but am yet to smoke it after a good flush. I will keep everyone posted, if anyone has any questions or concerns with their current grows feel free to ask, I'm here to help.

@grogreen, you could always harvest that last plant in 2 goes, i had the same problem with the monster cropped nl x bb, it had hundreds of branches all over the place and it was very clear that only the outside of the plant was going to get the light it needed, i trimmed loads of small branches off that was just stretching like crazy to get to the outside of the plant where the light was so i clipped all these off but their was still way to many branches for the plant, i think if i had only got that 1 plant and gave it a long veg then i might have got a whole lot more off it, but i had 4 plants all in flower so i didnt have the room, so i harvested the top and outside buds off it and left all the other buds on it and they are now growing and putting on weight, i decided to do this after harvesting my auto 3 times, so im hoping that these will get big enough to stop it all ending up as trim,

Well once I get my other two plants out of that closet she will have the whole space and both lights to fatten up, I'm noticing some of the hairs on the sativa strain are turning amber, so maybe this is just a light yielding plant, or maybe I interfered with its production by topping, fimming, super cropping and lollipop ping it? Whatever the cause I have a clone of her and I'm going to experiment with her by not topping this time and just letting nature take it course, or I may do the opposite to the extreme with a scrog setup and top the shit out of it and train it around the light, oh the possibilities :) I love this plant! I posted a question for you ^^ earlier in this thread regarding flushing, I want to get it right the first time, can you have a look and let me know what you think about it?

Some growers use a flushing agent..some plain water..it depends on what you feed..whether you use chemical or grow organic..i use water and run through the pots until clear...of coarse i cheat...i first run tap water then ro water...the ones in the ground..gets the hose..i suggest you research...visit u-tube.....stay focus...:thumb:

Some growers use a flushing agent..some plain water..it depends on what you feed..whether you use chemical or grow organic..i use water and run through the pots until clear...of coarse i cheat...i first run tap water then ro water...the ones in the ground..gets the hose..i suggest you research...visit u-tube.....stay focus...:thumb:

The nutes I used were sensi a & b and big bud, and monster bloom, I imagine they were chemical, believe me miwa I don't ever stop researching, it drives my old lady nuts! She's always telling me to get off my tablet cuz all I do literally all day is read, and YouTube and Google, and read some more, and when I don't find the answers I need, I come to all you folks for a second opinion...I used a brita filtration unit throughout my entire grow to have good quality water but for flushing I can't be bothered, I use tap water from my bath tub, I figure if its good enough for me to bathe in, its good enough for my babies. Now, I've youtubed every flushing video I can find, and am yet to hear how many times a person might flush, I hear of them saying they flush for a week or two, but within that time period, how many flushes are actually administered is my question?

I'am bettin more like pack the cah or you bethca
No way! Think Cary Elwes (Westley...the 'farm boy') in Princess Bride. Softer accent. In my younger years I even looked a lot like him.

Anyways...... Can't wait to see some pics Don Juan...err, Paul.

Back
Top Bottom