First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

:) FloraNectar is a sweetener to enhance the smell, flavour and taste of your buds. Mainly comprised of sugar cane, malt extract, and molasses

It would be Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper if you just bought the cane sugar and molasses. Itll do the same thing.

I kinda overpaid for my tub of blackstrap molasses (got it at local hydro store for 17 bucks). But its like 2 or 2.5 gallons of unsulfured blackstrap molasses. Its enough to feed to your plants at every feeding even in veg. Remember blackstrap molasses also has a lot of good minerals as well as things to enhance soil microbes and even supposedly enhances taste. Cant comment on the taste thing, but the first two points are a fact and its why I like the stuff.

but ya evven with me overpaying. 17 bucks for a huge tub of the stuff, or like 15 bucks for a quart of 80% water with some sugar and molasses. I pick the big tub :).

Hey Don, just to say that your plants are looking great mate! They look so healthy! Just out of curiosity, did you get you nlxbb from Herbies? 'cause that plant looks and sounds worth a try :) :peace:

p.s. Brummie accent? Ouch lol, nah just kiddin' mate ;)

all my seeds are from herbies, best place i have found with the best prices and best free offer, need i say more.

as for flushing the plants i flush a few times over the last 10 days, but this time ive been flushing and the leaves have stayed green, so clearly the plants are ok and must have enough nutes to keep them green, but i have been flushing for over a week now, ive flushed twice with plenty of run off, but i have not noticed any difference in the buds from a flushed plant or a none flushed plant, i tested buds from both and i found them exactly the same, not sure if its the same after a long cure, but i guess it depends what nutes and chemicals you use during the grow,

just uploading the pics, give me a few minutes and ill put them on

sorry if the order is mixed up having problems with uploading where i am,

below is one of the hempies, this is the smaller one
PICT2394.JPG

PICT2395.JPG

PICT2396.JPG

PICT2398.JPG

below is the hempie that wont stop growing, the 2ltr pot is on the floor so you can see by the chair how big its getting
PICT2399.JPG

PICT2400.JPG

PICT2401.JPG

below is the bottom half of the monster cropped nl x bb, the top was harvested 2 days ago
PICT2402.JPG

PICT2403.JPG

below is the frutiy chronic juice, most trichs are cloudy but the pistils are only just starting to wither so ill leave this a bit longer
PICT2405.JPG

PICT2406.JPG

PICT2407.JPG

PICT2410.JPG

below is the special kush, these buds are short and fat. the trichs are also cloudy with 1 or 2 amber per leaf on the bigger buds, but this needs longer so probably another week to 10 days,
PICT2412.JPG

PICT2413.JPG

PICT2414.JPG

PICT2415.JPG

below is the 2 headed nl x bb, this im letting go a lot longer, its ready to come down but i want 30% amber trichs so i can compare it with the other nl x bb and decide what i like, ive not taken clones from this strain as i want to try something different
PICT2417.JPG

PICT2418.JPG

PICT2419.JPG

PICT2420.JPG

PICT2422.JPG

below is the auto blueberry, this is regular seed but it is fem and looks like its starting to flower, i hope its just showing me sex but i think its starting to flower
PICT2423.JPG

PICT2425.JPG

below is the bluematic royal queen seed, im thinking this is the same as the blueberry, but its taking longer to grow and seems to be growing more like a normal seed, im hoping this goes longer and gives me a higher yield
PICT2426.JPG

family photo below
PICT2429.JPG

now below we have got the next round of plants, these are clones and seedlings, ill do a proper write up on these once i have moved the others out of the flower room, these will then go under the hps on glr and these will get a longer veg so i will have more bud in the end, i will have enough bud off the plants i got in flower to last me till the next grow is done
i think this is a nl x bb clone, so i will be growing this but i might use it for a breeding test
PICT2441.JPG

if you look very close you will see an auto clone here, its just 1 bud and its still alive, this broke off the auto bomb, the big clone is the nl x bb
PICT2442.JPG

so theirs a quick update for you, feel free to make comments and ask questions

It would be Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper if you just bought the cane sugar and molasses.

but ya evven with me overpaying. 17 bucks for a huge tub of the stuff, or like 15 bucks for a quart of 80% water with some sugar and molasses. I pick the big tub :).

Good point I'll keep that in mind for next time, I actually paid $28 for this shit lol hydro stores are crooks I tell ya, but I figured I'd give it a try

Nice looking plants Masta' Don :yummy:, can't believe how tall the ones in the first pics are, what happened there? Was that intentional? Just wanted to offer a little advice if I could, I see you have the tall plants in your flower room with your shorter stockier plants, have you ever considered raising the shorties up on a stool or something so they can be closer to the lights? In my never ending research, I've come across info that suggests you want your budding plants as close to the lights as possible without causing damage to produce bigger buds and higher yields.

thanks heirloom, not bad for my 2nd grow, well 2nd recent grow, my last grow before joining this site was 10 years ago, before auto and fem seeds as far as im aware, im only getting results like this due to teSmp being so generous and kind enough to hook me up with some bpn nutes, which i never thought id ever get to try due to where i am, but the true gent teSmp hooked me up and paid for delivery as well, now thats why this site stands out over all others, people like teSmp and jandre and heirloom, giga,canuck bid deege, jtg etc etc the list goes on, but its down to the help and advice i got since joining this site, when i joined all i knew was to plant the seed and water it, now its more technical and im learning every day, this site has helped me loads.

@grogreen. thanks mate, the 2 hempies are pretty much 12-12 from seed a sort of 8 week turn around with them, but i did give them 1 week of veg to try and up the yield slightly, my hps is dual spec but it seems it just wants to make the plants stretch, which im a bit unsure of, my plants in flower the shorter ones where vegged under the hps using glr, but when i put these hempies under and my other 12-12 from seed it just made them stretch like crazy and im not sure why, my plants under glr did not stretch and they was grown under the same light, but the 2 hempies and the 12-12 from seed stretched like crazy and i had to keep raising the light, the bigger one is growing around 4 inches a day and its not slowed down yet, i have raised my other plants ive got some old speakers in their raising them up, but if this 1 hempie dont stop growing im going to run out of head room, the smaller hempie was taller than this tall 1 when they was younger but since then they swapped places and now the smaller one has stopped growing upwards and is bushing out but the other is growing upwards still, some of the nodes are 8 or 9 inches apart on the main stem, this is why i did not lolly pop them if the nodes where closer id have lolly popped them and have 1 big bud, but the stretch is crazy, not sure why my other plants didnt stretch like this, but both the hempies and the 12-12 from seed stetched like crazy under 12-12 from seed, me thinks they didnt like the 12-12 from seed,

but my last hempie did the opposite, the nodes where close and it stayed small and i got 1 bud the size of a 2ltr pop bottle, but these are just getting huge

has anyone grown these auto blueberrys or royal queen seeds bluematic.

also my hempies are these, the smaller one is afgan skunk, the taller one is reserva privada sour kush, so do they grow like this, has anyone grown these strains before, i have got clones from both and will grow the same strains in normal size pots and with a decent veg time, so then i can find out if the stretch is due to the hps or the 12-12, but im just confused at why my last hempie did not get as tall as these and that was 12-12 from seed as well, these have had 1 week under cfls but they wasnt very big when they went under the hps, but i can tell im getting more from these, the last hempie did not bush out or stretch like these, so i could lolly pop that one, but if i lolly popped these then due to the nodes been far apart i dont think id end up with 1 bib bud,

I cannot help but comment again. Great grow!! From some of the pics I noticed you have tied down a few plants. I am very new to this and am curious as to what this will do. From the research I have done it seems as if there are several reasons: Space, light penetration, and higher yield? Is this true with your grow?

@grogreen. thanks mate, the 2 hempies are pretty much 12-12 from seed a sort of 8 week turn around with them, but i did give them 1 week of veg to try and up the yield slightly, my hps is dual spec but it seems it just wants to make the plants stretch, which im a bit unsure of, my plants in flower the shorter ones where vegged under the hps using glr, but when i put these hempies under and my other 12-12 from seed it just made them stretch like crazy and im not sure why, my plants under glr did not stretch and they was grown under the same light, but the 2 hempies and the 12-12 from seed stretched like crazy and i had to keep raising the light, the bigger one is growing around 4 inches a day and its not slowed down yet, i have raised my other plants ive got some old speakers in their raising them up, but if this 1 hempie dont stop growing im going to run out of head room, the smaller hempie was taller than this tall 1 when they was younger but since then they swapped places and now the smaller one has stopped growing upwards and is bushing out but the other is growing upwards still, some of the nodes are 8 or 9 inches apart on the main stem, this is why i did not lolly pop them if the nodes where closer id have lolly popped them and have 1 big bud, but the stretch is crazy, not sure why my other plants didnt stretch like this, but both the hempies and the 12-12 from seed stetched like crazy under 12-12 from seed, me thinks they didnt like the 12-12 from seed,
but my last hempie did the opposite, the nodes where close and it stayed small and i got 1 bud the size of a 2ltr pop bottle, but these are just getting huge

Lol It's so funny that you call them hempies :laughtwo:, hempies to us Canadians are the less desirable male mary jane plants. Hmm that's unusual how your plants have been growing, maybe you might want to try vegging under metal halide? Its supposed to keep node stretch to a minimal. Do your tall plants happen to be sativa dominant? I experienced the super stretch of one of my sativa dominant girls I had put outside because I mistook the pre flowers for male pre flowers. Once I realized she was female I brought her back in to flower with my other girls only to realize she was about a foot taller than the other two, my solution? I super cropped her main stalk and bent her over, within 3 days the plant was fully recovered and now growing as an almost upside down "L". I wouldn't recommend doing this past two weeks into flower, but I did it probly about a week into flower. I believe I made a last minute decision to super crop all main bud sites about two weeks into flower as well, they took a few days to recover, but I definitely do not regret the decision, I have about 20 half oz. main colas because of it. I lollipopped two of my plants today in preparation for harvest...I'll post pics shortly, I'm getting excited :)

So just when I thought my plants were all finished growing the things are still shooting out white pistils like crazy, I have about 30-40% amber hairs yet I also see new hairs starting everywhere! Maybe I misjudged her finishing point, I'm almost tempted to give them some more nutes lol but that would require additional flushing and flushing has become a pain in my ass. So I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. I have been observing my trichs and honestly I can't tell if they are milky, clear, amber or what, ugh, wish there was a better way. I picked up a little 60X magnifying scope with built in LED but it makes the trichs look blue, I do know one thing, I don't want smoke that is going to put me in a coma, so I think I want to harvest before the amber stage. I like a heady buzz over couch lock. So I said I would post so pics, sorry in advance if they are sideways, don't know how to rotate them. So here's them pre lolly pop
IMG_20120822_152202.jpg
some close ups, do they look nearly ready?
IMG_20120822_152604.jpg
IMG_20120822_164237.jpg
IMG_20120822_164223.jpg
IMG_20120822_152552.jpg
IMG_20120822_152614.jpg
and after lollipop :) :yummy:
IMG_20120822_164626.jpg
IMG_20120822_164744.jpg

So just when I thought my plants were all finished growing the things are still shooting out white pistils like crazy, I have about 30-40% amber hairs yet I also see new hairs starting everywhere! Maybe I misjudged her finishing point, I'm almost tempted to give them some more nutes lol but that would require additional flushing and flushing has become a pain in my ass. So I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. I have been observing my trichs and honestly I can't tell if they are milky, clear, amber or what, ugh, wish there was a better way. I picked up a little 60X magnifying scope with built in LED but it makes the trichs look blue, I do know one thing, I don't want smoke that is going to put me in a coma, so I think I want to harvest before the amber stage. I like a heady buzz over couch lock. So I said I would post so pics, sorry in advance if they are sideways, don't know how to rotate them. So here's them pre lolly pop
IMG_20120822_152202.jpg
some close ups, do they look nearly ready?
IMG_20120822_152604.jpg
IMG_20120822_164237.jpg
IMG_20120822_164223.jpg
IMG_20120822_152552.jpg
IMG_20120822_152614.jpg
and after lollipop :) :yummy:
IMG_20120822_164626.jpg
IMG_20120822_164744.jpg

Hmm.. Well i sort of agree with you, some buds sure look like they could go bit longer.. By looking at your pics, the trichs look clear/starting cloudy..
Its ur call when you wanna pull em, i like about 20% amber trichs, but everyone's different, s harvest when you feel its fine for you.. BUt yours still have about 2 weeks IMO, and that should give them more size and pistils will be more orange..
Its bit strange why your scope is not giving you good clarity of trichs?? I use a 45x scope n its fine. Check em just before the lights come on, so no other light affects the scope s light, and you should be able to see the shape of each individual trich and color, if u can see straight thru em, well theyre still got bit to go, and your pistils arent about 80% red yet, so thats another small indicator of when she s at peak harvest.. I usually look at a few different buds checking for trich color, the small leaves among the calyxes give a better view of them.. But just lookn at them pics i feel theyre not quite there yet??
I hope this help u a bit, im sure u knew what i just said anyways:) But oh well.
Take it easy, Smokemup...:goodjob:

I knew you were gonna say that lol fml I just wanna chop them sooo bad but I know if I wait it will be worth it! especially now that I've seen like new small hair clusters as I mentioned, they look like buds forming over my already formed buds. You need to give me some motivation here though, what are the benefits of waiting out the two weeks besides the obvious that they may grow slightly larger? Will it in fact increase potency? Do you feel like my THC content now is immature? Or just not at its maximum potential? I can clearly see the trichs they're long with the ball at the tip, I just hate the scope I have because it requires you to press the end right against the bud and you can see a very limited area, is this typical of all of the scopes, I would like something I can look through with both eyes as I wear glasses and have to take them off to use the scope. A magnifying glass would be awesome, just not sure if they make them in 60-100X. Someone convince me not to cut these down! Please I can't take it anymore, every time I look at my plants my mouth waters. I know I will end up waiting but not by choice! Thanks for the advice smokem, what do you think about me using more nutes, or should I just continue to flush at this point?

yeah i know what you mean about the scope...we need one of those scopes that hooks to a computer..you say the trics got balls ???what you are suppose to be looking at is the color...and that can change fast...when you start getting too many amber color and those trics with balls starts bending over...your thc is degrading..but the key word is "patience"...and flush...:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom