First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

Yeah I never used rooting hormone so that was more then likely my problem but at the same time I didn't care if they took or not I was already fully loaded at the time.. I will agree with everyone else so far, if you want 100% trouble free cloning do aero..

Yeah its an interesting dilemma...
So if having the lights on for an hour using GLR, stops flowering.. Well there s no reason you couldnt have 20hr light, 10 hrs dark..Then just go to 18/12 for flower!! Assuming you started with 24/0 from seedling and then created the 30hr cycle.
Id be interested in the results..
Auto flowering plants just confuse me?? I know its prob basic genetics, but are these plants limited in size due to their automatic hormone production? Or are they capable of the same growth as regular plants?
Also does this mean that the flowering hormones are building up in the plant daily, and as it gets to a certain size, the hormones kick in and it flowers? As i take it from that post they are grown in nearly constant light naturally..
Wonder how it would produce on a 30hr light cycle??

Autoflowering cannabis varieties automatically switch from vegetative growth to the flowering stage with age, as opposed to the ratio of light to dark hours required with photoperiod dependent / short-day strains. Many autoflowers will be ready to harvest in less than 10 weeks from seed. Dwarf varieties can have comparatively short stature while still giving decent yield. Conversely "super autos" can take over 100 days to mature and can reach over 6 feet tall. Autoflowers are one of the fastest growing strain varieties for sale on the market today.

straight from the wiki about auto's =)

thanks for all the info, ive got a lot to think about, i will be running some tests with my next grow, just got to decide what i want to try.

my auto purple is fem as its showing sex, its 3 nodes high and is only 3 inches high, im hoping its just showing sex and not going into flower, if its going into flower then i wont be getting much off it, but my last auto showed sex then carried on growing for a few weeks before it flowered,

my other auto is getting taller and is still only growing its first set of leaves after the seed leaves so hoping that bluematic will be bigger, but both of these are regular autos so getting 2 fems from regular seeds will be a bit hit and miss, but so far i got 1 female, both my other auto seeds where regular seeds and they both turned out fem, so fingers crossed these will both be fem, hoping for some purple buds, if these dont turn purple then clearly conditions are not right in my grow room and ill try again in the winter as i can get the night time temps cooler in the winter.

i harvested the top half of my nl x bb and i took off the buds that was ready and the bigger ones, the smaller ones i left on the plant and its back under the lights, after my auto was harvested 3 times ill see how far these can go, i got 80g wet off the top of the plant, so not sure how much it will be dry, not much but its better than nothing, this is the monster cropped plant and its got loads of small buds so thinking a monster cropped plant is better for making clones than it is for flowering, how ever this could differ from strain.

Hey DP, I read back through your journal, and just wanted to let you know I am still around!

I couldn't find your post to quote you, but you said your video didn't have any sound, and someone said you have a lovely accent, but its actually awful, so you can't get a job in a call centre, it made me giggle lol. I'd do just about anything to hear your voice my dear! I bet you have a sexy accent :)

ive never heard it called sexy before, i sound more thick, we dont have many call centers in birmingham, everyone says we sound thick so they prefer a scotish accent, ill do another video when i charge my camera up and then you can listen to how thick i really sounds.

canuckgal, ask the question here about your grow medium, maybe someone here can offer you some advice, teSmp maybe able to offer you some assistance, ive never used it so cant help you much,

i dont notice my accent but when i moved away from where i live i really noticed it more, you know how people say bath, they say it like barth, but where i am its bath, the same with path, everyone else in my country says barth, but where i live we say bath, we say it the simple way, everyone else says barth or parth, but i say bath and path, so i say it like baf and paf but with a th sound, pa th ba th and not barth and parth, confusing i know, its even confusing me, lol.

someone else on here heard my accent and said the mrs liked it so i was told not to do vids in case she ran off with me, pmsl, never had anyone like my accent before, if you scroll back through my journal you will find the vid, not sure what page its on but it is their, it was in my first grow, ill try and find it and you can have a listen then can laugh at how thick i really sound, my last video a few pages back had no sound, let me check you tube then ill post the link to my vid with sound,

[video=youtube;xmr-7dqmn1w]
[/video]

now no laughing at my dodgy midlands accent, we all talk like it here, so be kind and dont be to harsh and no laughing,lol,
this was my first plants from the first grow, this is an old video, ill do a new vid soon, ill be harvesting my other plants in the next few days, the sound on this vid is also not very loud, think my fone has had it, time for a new one me thinks

brother I'am cryin right now,:rofl::rofl::rofl:
no disrespect at all but I see A ROSEY PINK ON YOUR CHEEKS!:circle-of-love:

Oh my gosh DP, please run away and marry ME!!!

I could just imagine falling asleep in your arms, listening you speak in your angelic voice, when you whisper quietly into my ear, your warm breath blowing against my sensitive neck.... as you say: "incandecant..."

Haha here's my new journal: Canuckgal's Struggling 400w Coco Closet Grow

I'd anyone has experience with coco, or hydro grows, can you please take a look at my grow? I am really struggling... It's times like these where I wish I had a big strong Birmingham Man to help me :p

im on my way over to your journal,

everyone speaks like that round here, shall i get everyone i know to do a part in my video just so you can have a laugh at how thick we are,
never had anyone say things like that before, but hey theirs always a first time,

what website am i on, oh yes my plants, wondered what site i was on for a minute,lol

anyways i harvested the top half of my nl x bb and got just over 80g wet, i still got the bottom half to do, the other nl x bb im going to let go a bit longer, its all cloudy and has 2 or 3 amber trichs on the leaves i have checked but im going to try and let it go a bit longer like 30% amber and compare it to what i just harvested, i dont think im to impressed with the monster cropped idea, the only decent sized buds was the main bud and 4 buds around the top of the plant, the rest are all small, i think their was to many branches and to many leaves and this give me more small buds, i think it ended up the same as topping, it basically give me lots of buds but all where smaller, so left the other half to bulk up, so ill see if that helps things.

the other nl x bb that i have got, the 2 headed one has not got any small buds on it, it has got 2 big buds at either end then as i lst the 2 branches sideways it let all the branches grow up to the light so they are all pretty big, and to be honest even though their is less that half the amount of buds on this nl x bb i think its still going to give me more than the monster cropped one, i think monster cropping would be ok for outdoor plants, but i think even if i vegged it longer id still end up with small buds.

i messed up earlier. the 2 autos i have got growing now are lowlife auto blueberry and the other is royal queens bluematic, i take it this are going to be pretty much the same, they are both regular and the 1 is female and is showing pistils, i just hope its not in flower else i wont be getting much off it, the royal bluematic is only just growing its 1st set of true leaves and its all ready nearly as big as the other auto thats 3 nodes high, possibly its a male, if it is male ill be collecting the pollen and crossing it with the other auto, doing that should give me auto seeds, i hope,

talking about males the kiwi seeds 6 pack random seed is male, i was thinking about crossing this with an auto but not sure ill end up with an auto plant as ive been reading it needs back crossing with another auto and so on till its perfect, but im thinking if i do cross it they should be auto as long as the fem is the auto, i may be wrong, so if the other auto is not male i will be collecting pollen off the kiwi seeds one as its growing like crazy so it would make a good father, and if this was crossed with an auto then it should allow the auto to grow bigger due to this, i may be wrong again, but if you dont try then you dont know do you.

my flat stinks, at night i have to take the plants out of the flower room and cover them up in the spare room, im bit concerned about the smell getting into the flat upstairs and down stairs, they will have a cupboard in the same place as me so their is no saying the concrete is solid so i dont want to take the risk, so when the lights off the plants come out and are covered up in the spare room till the morning then they go back in the cupboard, its really stinking the place out, its only the hempies that are stinking, they are growing so quick, when i left to go to make daughter out today the hood was 4 inches away from the top of the plant, now i know its to close for a 400watt hps but i have my small fan blowing on it and it allows me to keep it that close without damaging the plant, i got back today and the hempie had grown more than four inches and it was inside the hood on the hps, luckily the fan was still blowing on it so no damage done.

but now i know i can have my plants that close with a fan blowing on the top and into the hood i should be able to get it closer when i veg my next lot of plants, now i got to get these flowering ones out the way cuz my small grow cupboard is getting to small for my other plants. so i got to get them moved pretty quick, but the ones in flower are nearly done, the special kush as got huge buds, not long but short and fat can only just about get my hand round the buds, and the chronic fruity juice has got 8 huge buds on it, the main bud starts at the base of the pot and is about 1ft long, then the rest are the side shoots but their still big, i have got another seed of this so will be doing a longer veg on the next one

Haha sorry for distracting you, and taking your attention away from the other ladies lol. Yes, I would love to have a recording of you and all your mates chatting, it's so sexy!

Man... I need to buy some batteries....

Sooo right, plants! So from the plant you got the 80g from, is it still growing some lower leaves/branches? Do you still have the perpetual auto flower that you were trimming and putting back under the light?

i just quick dried some of the nl x bb and it smokes and tastes so much better than the last one i did, even the quick dried stuff tastes really nice, not leafy at all, id even go as far as saying this quick dried nl x bb tasted better than the slow dried nl x bb from last time round, i think i possibly harvested it a bit early last time or i had some other problems, but this time it tastes and smokes a whole lot better, just a bit gutted i got a lot of small buds, i just think the monster cropping is to much for the plant to take, i suppose its like topping a plant loads of times, instead of getting one big bud you ended up with loads of smaller ones, that probably add up to more but just ends up been smaller pieces, i think next time round ill let the plants grow as they are unless i do a scrog, i dont think ill be topping any of the plants i have in veg, just by looking at the size of the main bid on the fruity juice i can clearly see that id prefer buds like that even if it meant a bit less yield,

maybe i never vegged it long enough, but even if i vegged it longer id just end up with more branches and more small bud sites, i think the plant struggled to put any weight on due to it having to grow buds all over the place, id say i got 4 decent size buds off the whole plant, if i have to have less yield to have bigger buds then thats what im going to do, the only other thing id like to try is a scrog, i been following teSmp and fish cake and clearly a scrog produces lots of big buds. maybe a monster cropped plant would be good for a scrog as the light would get to all the bud sites, i think the problem was to many branches and not enough light getting in, i couldnt even lst it due to the amount of branches, it was a nightmare to trim, i spent most the night cutting off small branches with small buds on, so i harvested the top half and the rest will stay under the lights till its giving me the buds i want, if it dont then ill have a lot of trim for hash making, but by watching what happened to my auto that i harvested 3 times i think i should be able to get some decent buds if it continues to flower, it may hermie after i harvested it but if it dont then ill have more bud, if it does hermie then ill have fem pollen and can make some fem seeds, just have to see how it goes people

the nl x bb has gone back under the lights, i only harvested half as the rest wasnt worth harvesting, it would of went in the trim box, the auto i harvested 3 times then it died in the end, how ever the small bits i broke off and cloned are still alive, but its looks like a bud on a stick, its still growing and the bud is getting bigger so ill leave them to see what happens, chances are they will die as well but they are still growing for now.

i got another 2 autos growing, both regular seeds and both blueberry so hoping for some blue buds, hoping,
but i got 80 odd gram off the nl x bb and its been taken away to dry, dont want to risk having it here, so i took some for quick drying and the rest has been moved to another place to dry, im the only one who has access to it and its all hanging up drying with a small fan blowing to keep the air moving as its pretty humid here so i left the fan running, ill be checking on it every other day to make sure its not getting bud rot or stuff like that, but its in a nice dark place and i know i dont have to worry about it where it is, its been well looked after so to speak, id rather not take the risk of losing everything so thats what ill be doing, it will be dried then cured in kilner jars that i got the other day,

hmmm batteries, should buy rechargables, you wont need to buy any batteries then. i have to buy them, my kids toys are full of batteries so the best option is get some you can charge up, although i dont think its them kind of toys you want the batteries for, its for your tv remote,lol,

i keep getting kicked off the net, fone is doing my head in, might need to claim on the insurance and get a new one, skank me with sum crappy fone, bout time i skanked them back and got me a new fone,

im just watching a huge fight outside my flat, brilliant, it just gets better and better round here, 2 bitches ripping each others hair out, some bloke with em and he just threw the one girl on the floor so i just gave him some abuse and if he does it again im going down to rip his head off, who does he think he is giving me cheek and throwing some girl on the floor, their all pissed though, i think the one is his girlfriend and he been sleeping with the other one, or something along them lines, i might take my dog down and go and watch, i gota jump in if it gets out of hand, the one girl is a lot smaller than the other, so might have to go and rescue her before she gets carried away in the back of an ambulance, plus the lads doing my head in, he aint from round here, if he was he would know when to shut up,

Can anyone tell me what's going on here? Were my lights too close?
IMG_20120816_150123.jpg
IMG_20120816_150116.jpg
IMG_20120816_150103.jpg
or is it something else?

[video=youtube;xmr-7dqmn1w]
[/video]

now no laughing at my dodgy midlands accent, we all talk like it here, so be kind and dont be to harsh and no laughing,lol,
this was my first plants from the first grow, this is an old video, ill do a new vid soon, ill be harvesting my other plants in the next few days, the sound on this vid is also not very loud, think my fone has had it, time for a new one me thinks

I always figured you would have a pirate accent or one like a lord.

Oh how dissapointed I was lol

Hi mate,
Yeah it looks like that burnt from your light for sure.. How close did you have it roughly?? Hope many werent affected...
Take it easy and cant wait to see when theyre all ready:)
Catch ya, Smokem..

with the pic it does look like the light got to close, how ever if your spraying the plant with water then stop as this can cause the problem your getting , i used to spray my plants and then i had a bud that was burned, i asked around and when i said i sprayed the plants i was soon told to stop doing this, i have not had any problems since, other problems are having the fans blowing to hard on certain parts of the plant, if you cant raise the light any higher then try have a fan blowing above the plants and this will stop it happening again,
my 400 watt hps is usually 1ft away from the tops of the plants, but my hempies are growing so quick and i cant keep raising the lights as other plants will suffer, so i have got a 12v computer fan blowing across the top of the hempies and this has allowed me to have the hempie within 3 inches of the hood, i know its close but the plant is not showing heat stress and the bud forming at the very top of the plant is perfect and not been burned, every 2 days i have to slightly raise the light and raise my other plants, but this hempie keeps growing and touches the hood again, but ive been able to keep it in check by having a 12v fan blowing gently over the tops of the hempies.

@Jimmycricket, sorry to disapoint you my friend, no pirates or lords here, how ever my family have a family crest and a coat of arms, but im sure we never decended from pirates or lords, i wouldnt mind been a lord but dont think i could talk with a plum in my mouth and i wasnt born with a silver spoon in my mouth either, instead i was born into the area i was born in and took on that accent, so im sorry my friend no lords of pirates here, my birth certifacate says im a master though, what ever that means, it has master before my name, think it means i was the first born or something like that, never really found out what it means, but you can call me master donpaul.p if you like, lol

Back
Top Bottom