Control Panel

420-magazine-mobile911790473.jpg
420-magazine-mobile573205894.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1360870527.jpg

Drivers

420-magazine-mobile724069462.jpg

Sent from my android from outer space!

OK guys
I went to the tent. Brought all of the cords, control panel and drivers with me. I got the drivers temporarily setup inside the tent for our initial test and video for youtube. I got LED panel #1 all wired up for the 3 drivers. 6 chips in 3000k in series for driver number 1, 5 chips in 3000k in series for driver number 2 and the 3 chips in 5000k in series for driver number 3.

For panel number 1 all I need to do (hopefully) is hit the switch on the first 14 cobs.
Taking a 15 minute break and I'll go get the 14 cobs on panel number 2 wired up.

I'm charging my phone as I type this so you guys can come on the maiden voyage with me. It's very tempting to try it out first but I don't think that would be quite fair to those of you who have been anxiously waiting while I went through this massive project. We will do this together so you all can cross your fingers with me. I have double checked everything in the control panel so I'm confident that part should be fine. I'm fairly confident in the whole thing to be honest but any $4600 project will probably make you cross your fingers :).

Again, for the video I will have the board with the drivers in the grow tent so we can go through the system better on video. After the video and before I start a grow in there I will relocate it outside the tent. The control panel will always be in the tent so I can make adjustments to light quantity while in the room.

Anyways, charging the phone now. Getting ready to go wire up panel number 2 and then 3. After that......It's show time!

I just stumbled on this thread and all I can say is Wow!
I hope you don't make everything dissappear when you flip the switch:popcorn:
Hey there , glad you ran into this thread. Well I didn't make it after my break to go wire up the last two panels last night but I'm on it now.

OK, if the power grid goes down in Michigan I'll know why :)
Hehe. Well, Ill be anywhere from 50-2400w or so. My neighbor is running 8 of the 1000w hps setups. so it will be his fault.

OK guys. I made a test run video.
I didn't have my 2 new 20 amp breakers wired into my houses breaker box yet so I ran off of 1 extension cord for the test. And to top it off it's one of those 100 foot standard orange cords. After the test I watched the video and that's when I seen the result of using 1 breaker through a skinny extension cord for the test. I knew doing that, that I couldn't run the whole room at full wattage but you will notice the input voltage drop. When nothings really on the voltage is only sitting at 115-116v but when I try to draw some power through that temporary orange cord you will see the input voltage sag down to 110V. That won't happen as soon as I get the 2 new breakers put in my houses breaker box. Then the voltage will be a steady 118-120v like it normally is.

The power adjustment of the finished light is adjustable from about 40 watts all the way to just shy of 2500 watts!

None the less, the test was a huge success!!!
<strong><font size="4">[video=youtube_share;HD-oTUvZFcQ]
[/video]

Very nice Fanleaf!!! Can't wait to see that room full. Be a beautiful thing!!

I cannot wait. The cold weather is the only thing really holding me up. I don't mind running a heater but when it's as cold as it is here now I would need to run a lot of heat.

I cannot wait. The cold weather is the only thing really holding me up. I don't mind running a heater but when it's as cold as it is here now I would need to run a lot of heat.

You better slap me when you get it going!! I don't want to miss that first gro. Very clean set-up and will look badass when you get there!!

You better slap me when you get it going!! I don't want to miss that first gro. Very clean set-up and will look badass when you get there!!

Will do! Yeah until it at least warms up a little I'm stuck with my smaller array downstairs. I have a 25 cxb3590 down there lol.

OK guys. I made a test run video.
I didn't have my 2 new 20 amp breakers wired into my houses breaker box yet so I ran off of 1 extension cord for the test. And to top it off it's one of those 100 foot standard orange cords. After the test I watched the video and that's when I seen the result of using 1 breaker through a skinny extension cord for the test. I knew doing that, that I couldn't run the whole room at full wattage but you will notice the input voltage drop. When nothings really on the voltage is only sitting at 115-116v but when I try to draw some power through that temporary orange cord you will see the input voltage sag down to 110V. That won't happen as soon as I get the 2 new breakers put in my houses breaker box. Then the voltage will be a steady 118-120v like it normally is.

The power adjustment of the finished light is adjustable from about 40 watts all the way to just shy of 2500 watts!

None the less, the test was a huge success!!!
<strong><font size="4">[video=youtube_share;HD-oTUvZFcQ]
[/video]
That's sick af dude! Props

You got a big thumbs up on Youtube. May i ask why you picked the 3590 if there are cheaper chips that seem to be more efficient arround the 40s?
There are cheaper chips for sure. One or 2 of them may even take a lead in efficiency but that is only a very high drive levels where no one really likes to drive them anyways. The 3590 is the most efficient at low Drive levels. Hard to beat a chip in the right bin that will produce over 200 lumens per watt..

The newest CLUS might be even more efficient at higher currents then other Chips, yes. But can you show me a chart that shows the 3590 with more PPFD at 20 to 50W Compared to CLU058s and Veros29.7? I cannot do that. I have just found 2 charts that the 3590 dont have as much Photons per Watt then the others. It was somewhere in the middle. Ive read it in many different sites that the crees are not the best choice for photons per $ and/or per Watt any more. I try to go for umols, not lumens. When you trust the guys that seem to see no differences in yield in plants grown under 80 Cri with more Lm/W compared to 90Cri that seems less powerful on paper. So i guess its not lumens alone we should watch out for, right? Which bin do you use? Other chips also put out over 200lm/w when underdriven in that wattage range when they are lets say 155 or 160lmW @their high nominal currents. want no battle or diss your obviously top notch build. But i am in this diy thing just after citizen gen6 and vero gen 7 came out and this is what ive learned so far and i only want the truth for everybody.

The newest CLUS might be even more efficient at higher currents then other Chips, yes. But can you show me a chart that shows the 3590 with more PPFD at 20 to 50W Compared to CLU058s and Veros29.7? I cannot do that. I have just found 2 charts that the 3590 dont have as much Photons per Watt then the others. It was somewhere in the middle. Ive read it in many different sites that the crees are not the best choice for photons per $ and/or per Watt any more. I try to go for umols, not lumens. When you trust the guys that seem to see no differences in yield in plants grown under 80 Cri with more Lm/W compared to 90Cri that seems less powerful on paper. So i guess its not lumens alone we should watch out for, right? Which bin do you use? Other chips also put out over 200lm/w when underdriven in that wattage range when they are lets say 155 or 160lmW @their high nominal currents. want no battle or diss your obviously top notch build. But i am in this diy thing just after citizen gen6 and vero gen 7 came out and this is what ive learned so far and i only want the truth for everybody.
Which chip other than the 3590 reaches 210 lm/w? Im very interested in seeing that. Since Cree dont advertise ppfd but lm/w just like all the other companies data for their chips lm/w is easy to compare apples to apples in a non-biased test but from raw data. I use a mixture of DB bin and CB bin depending on color. 5000k is DB and 3000k is CB. Binning is another huge advantage as I see it. You know your getting chips that "match" eachother. The CLU's and others dont do that.
420-magazine-mobile1069326813.jpg

From everything I can see, the CLU058 ties the 3590 in CD bin at 50w and does better at higher wattage while the CD bin still takes it from 50w and down. A DB bin does better.

To be real honest I'm really not concerned with looking at other people's "controlled" tests. Very very few have the right tools to do a true controlled test. Those tools cost far more money than my whole array does.

The fact of the matter is citizen and Cree and several others make outstanding chips. There are Cree guys and Citizen guys I guess. I think everyone here can tell which side of that I am on.

To each their own. Honestly I don't need to show a chart where the crees surpass
Other chips. I built this light with what I believe will do the best for me. Others May differ and that's okay. I don't believe that if I had built the same exact light with a different chip that I would see much or any difference in the final yield in a positive way.
I'm not going to go back and forth in a Tit for Tat on my thread about this build and argue over the possibility that there are better chips out there. That is not the main focus of this thread. The focus of this thread is to share my build which is truly impressive by anyone's standards.
Can someone build a more efficient light than my array? Perhaps they can. But even if they can it would be by the very tiniest of margins.
So please let's not go back and forth about this but keep this thread what it is and was meant to be. Me sharing my build. A build of a very very efficient grow light.

Back
Top Bottom