Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Sorry guys, didnt have time to chat today. I was working on my latest 3590 build for my 2x2 tent. Just need to put a tiny fan driver in it that and shes ready....Looks like a big ass drone lol..
420-magazine-mobile291973595.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1216637684.jpg
420-magazine-mobile62161292.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ya I've been busy too. I put an add on kijiji to sell those extra 6 BXRC's on a H-Frame array. Sold the array for $800 in a few hours. Now I'm slammed with orders and Jamie, Robin and Cutter are out of stock for most of the stuff I need. Guess it's time to buy 36 SST133's at a time.
$7 each from Kingbright with 1 month to ship is starting to look like a good option.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sorry guys, didnt have time to chat today. I was working on my latest 3590 build for my 2x2 tent. Just need to put a tiny fan driver in it that and shes ready....Looks like a big ass drone lol..
420-magazine-mobile291973595.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1216637684.jpg
420-magazine-mobile62161292.jpg

That looks amazing!

I'm actually thinking about putting something made out of COBs for my 2x2 tent too. But wasn't sure what's the best setup to have.
This looks pretty amazing. Would you be able to list the parts you got here? Is that the most optimal growing COB light for that size tent ?

It's not about that specific fixture vs the led. It was only used as example. I understand it will blow it away.

All I am looking for is a measurement for your cob like I get for my lights so I can compare those.

I can use my lux meter and test them and compare them at my house.

So I use my lux meter on my metal halide to get idea of spread of light at certain distances.

And on my expensive bulb that is different. Much more lux.

Same with t5 fixture.

I am just looking for same measurement from ur cob so I can see idea.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

How bright?

THIS F'n BRIGHT!!!!
420-magazine-mobile543874038.jpg

I don't know about you but 575,000 lx is pretty goddamn bright. Lol.

That looks amazing!

I'm actually thinking about putting something made out of COBs for my 2x2 tent too. But wasn't sure what's the best setup to have.
This looks pretty amazing. Would you be able to list the parts you got here? Is that the most optimal growing COB light for that size tent ? Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sure thing I'll Make a list. By the way though, I knew this would be capable of way more light than I need in there so I went with 90 CRI chips for the added infrared even though they don't put out quite as much light. In this case I found it worth the trade.

4X Part number (IceLED 550) Heatsinks with fans. $16.75 each from Cutter.
4X 3590 adapter plate for CXB 3590 for the heatsinks...(I had to slightly modify). Part # (
Cutter-3590Adapter plate) $4.56 ea.
2X Cree cxb3590 3000k 90CRI 36V part # CXB3590-0000-000N0UBD30G Cutter $41.87 ea
2X Cree cxb3590 5700k DB bin 36V part #CXB3590-0000-000N0BDB57E Cutter $37.28 ea
4X Ideal
50-2303CR Ideal Holder
50-2300AN Ideal Reflector adapter for Angelina WX reflectors
4X F13838_ANGELINA-XW Wide Beam 90 Degree reflectors.

Now for those last 3 items; the chip holders, adapters and reflectors I already had them on hand or I could have just bought the kits they have for the CXB3590 that have those 3 parts in a package for $9.57. The kit is part number CXB359-HCDR35G-K1 from Cutter.

For the driver.....
The driver I used is simply overkill. I only used it because I have a few extras laying around. This drivers is better suited for 6 chips. It was Meanwell HLG-320H-C1400B. It will power this unit at 50 watts per cob which is perfect but it can drive way more than 4 at 50w each so this would be a waste of money for a 4 cob situation. For a small 4 chip unit like this you should look for the Meanwell
HLG-185H-C1400B. It's $50 vs $100 for the one I used and will still provide 50 Watts each COB.

I used 1X 100k ohm linear potentiometer. This one tested at an acceptable 99.4Kohms. $2.00
Digital power display $10 online. Displays total wattage I'm using, wall voltage, amperage and total power.
Aluminum framing and 1/4" large rivets and 1/8" rivets from local hardware store. $20

All in all someone should be able to build this light start to finish for about $350. It will last forever, use less power to do the same job, run cooler, very cool and provide a real "full specrum". The power is FULLY adjustable from 0-50 watts per chip. In my 2x2 tent running them at 35-37 watts each is more then enough.

Ya I've been busy too. I put an add on kijiji to sell those extra 6 BXRC's on a H-Frame array. Sold the array for $800 in a few hours. Now I'm slammed with orders and Jamie, Robin and Cutter are out of stock for most of the stuff I need. Guess it's time to buy 36 SST133's at a time.
$7 each from Kingbright with 1 month to ship is starting to look like a good option.

Want to sell lights too. No permission :/

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Ive thought about doing custom orders myself. Problem for me is time .. I could handle 1 or 2 builds at a time but I wouldnt want to commit to taking many more at a time. Besides, all of my builds keep me pretty busy lmao.

Who do you need permission from? Don't they have Craigslist over there. Build it, post it, sell it.

Over here you have to be an electrician to build stuff like that with the purpose to sell it

As much i would like to be able to make an easy buck, honestly I dont think its a good idea to let anybody build electric stuff that has the potential to kill and sell it to others.

But honestly again i have to admit i dont even know what could kill. See. No good idea letting me do that .

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

Over here you have to be an electrician to build stuff like that with the purpose to sell it

As much i would like to be able to make an easy buck, honestly I dont think its a good idea to let anybody build electric stuff that has the potential to kill and sell it to others.

But honestly again i have to admit i dont even know what could kill. See. No good idea letting me do that .

Way ahead of you. I put a sign on it that says "Don't lick the black wire".

Back
Top Bottom