Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

@cnile....Maybe this will help you. This is the 36V top and 72v bottom 3590.

35901.JPG

It's not about that specific fixture vs the led. It was only used as example. I understand it will blow it away.

All I am looking for is a measurement for your cob like I get for my lights so I can compare those.

I can use my lux meter and test them and compare them at my house.

So I use my lux meter on my metal halide to get idea of spread of light at certain distances.

And on my expensive bulb that is different. Much more lux.

Same with t5 fixture.

I am just looking for same measurement from ur cob so I can see idea.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

6f3fe065dd605ed2e93e05244e6eaf76.jpg

That is all I have asked you to do.

Then I asked can you do that for the cob at different amperage.

If you don't want to that's fine or if you think it's not a good measurement that's fine I just don't get why it's so confusing.

I think what you were asking wasn't to clear of a question, or just kinda got lost in translation type deal lol.
But after your last post even I can understand what you were asking. This is all still like Chinese to me lol, but I'm learning.

Sent from my SM-G530T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I found out myself 309x100= your lux i guess. How much watt? I dont give too much about lux meters, but i get over 30.000 from 400W COBs, actually slightly over 80.000 at 20 inches. Fanleafs LUX are irrational numbers like Pi, no instrument created to measure his lights lol

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNuggets DIY For Noobs - Build Lights - CO2 Supplements - Auto-Watering - More

BAAA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I can see them turn into a submarine in my head every time I hear that!

Wait a minute. Is there a movie on this? I was refferring to a person here on 420 calling us a pack of wolfes after throwing an adviceresistant noob knowitall (bad combination) out of my DIY thread, so this came from me without any movie in mind lol

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

SeymoreNuggets DIY For Noobs - Build Lights - CO2 Supplements - Auto-Watering - More

Fanleaf's Huge 42 Cree CXB3590 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Perfect. Nice meter! I love my Fluke.

So I know exactly what your options are we need a simple test. Disconnect the + and - leads of the driver from the LED's. Hook up your Fluke to the driver leads and power the driver up. Let me know the highest voltage reading. Be sure your meter is in DC mode. The led's must have at least one leg disconnected from the driver either the + or the - for the driver to show us it's high voltage.
If you can that would take all guessing out of the game and we can set you up with a few cobs that we know will work perfectly with it.
Obviously hook up your leads then power it on. Any DC over 50-60 volts will shock you.

Ok been shocked a million times but thanks for the heads up lol I'm a Electrician of 14 years bro !!!! Anyways I get 112volts so 2 50watt cobs? Will work? Now how much are the cobs thing to keep the cost to minimum I'm a newly single father with 3 boys so all my grow are on the cheapest I can get away with !! Lol Thank you for your help and taking the time to walk me through this!!! Live-Love-Learn

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You think cnile is hard to understand. Try dealing with a client who insists he needs 8x100w 68v COBs in a 2x4 tent because "some dude on the internet" told him that's what he needs. That's 120,000 lumens for 8 square feet.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I found out myself 309x100= your lux i guess. How much watt? I dont give too much about lux meters, but i get over 30.000 from 400W COBs, actually slightly over 80.000 at 20 inches. Fanleafs LUX are irrational numbers like Pi, no instrument created to measure his lights lol

Yea in my picture it was x 100

Do you have a single Cree you could do that with?

Wait a minute. Is there a movie on this?[/URL]

Yes it's an animated movie just come out recently. A pack of wolves says "wolf pack form a ........ and whatever the alfa call for they turn into it. They tried a submarine but it sank lol.
I'll have to ask my kids what the name of the movie is.

Yea in my picture it was x 100

Do you have a single Cree you could do that with?

How many watts and what kind of light source?

No i dont used cree. Maybe some day :)

This was the center of a light that i build for 2x3 at the exact distance of 50cm. I think it was without reflectors, tent open.

The light sources are 8 COBs on 2 different dimmable meanwell drivers.

5xCitizen Clu0481212 Gen5 at 4000K 80Cri
1x same model 4000K 90Cri
Together on 1 driver dimmable i think ~60 to ~270W on a killawatt.
2x Bridgelux Vero29 Gen7 at 3500K 80Cri. Dimmable from 0 to ~140.

Chose those colours because they were available at a good price for my location where cobs are rather rare/pricey and they can grow from seed to bud.

Turned out too strong for my 2x3 and id bet my left ballsack i could fill a 3x4,5 canopy with it because the spread is pretty good. Running at 300atm, picture in the sig.

Cya guys .

Sorry guys, didnt have time to chat today. I was working on my latest 3590 build for my 2x2 tent. Just need to put a tiny fan driver in it that and shes ready....Looks like a big ass drone lol..
420-magazine-mobile291973595.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1216637684.jpg
420-magazine-mobile62161292.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom