Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Now straight to the next COB project. This will be for my MarsHydro 2'X2' tent. This will be a miniature version of my monster panel with a few twists. I will be using Cree CXB3590's on this project but these will be actively cooled "light engines". I will also be using 90CRI on this project. I did that because I wanted more deep red (Infrared) in the mix for flowering. To make up for a slight light loss with the 3000k 90CRI I am also adding 5700k 90CRI for more of the veg phase.
420-magazine-mobile899830430.jpg
420-magazine-mobile839761785.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1504292810.jpg

Time to start building a small 24" X 24" aluminum frame.....

As you can see in the picture for the 3590 I had to use an aluminum adapter plate for mounting. I used Arctic Siver 5 thermal paste to bond the adapter to the heatsink then screwed the 2 together. The adapter plates were already tapped and threaded for everything.
420-magazine-mobile602512200.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ok I got a question for you COB guys??? I "Found" a big LED light it fell off of a street light pole!!! Now that being said It has 75 watt driver running 36 LED lights 2 rows of 18 lights and from what I can tell the wiring inside has the divers load side (output + wire ) split and going to each bank of 18 LEDs now here's the question!!! Does that mean that the 75watts is being split by the 2 rows of LEDS OR ARE THEY BOTHE GETTING 75watts each cause this light is so bright I can't see it only being 75watts. BTW it rather large and heavy as all hell!!!! Plz anyone could help!!!! JimmyJames905,Fanleaf, anyone lol

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

From a first guess i would say this thing pulls what the driver says, 75W. Sounds like wired parallel. Maybe some 5W diodes driven at a soft 2W. They could grow some herb :) a LED street light, over here still HPS hanging around everywhere lol

Could use your streetlight right now. :) i think you could probably grabbed some expensive led mate. I mean its payed by the community/City, and has to be safe and durable some kind. Maybe you have some osram in there.

I would love to the some detailed pics of the inside.

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNuggets DIY For Noobs - Build Lights - CO2 Supplements - Auto-Watering - More

Fanleaf's Huge 42 Cree CXB3590 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Which fixture? The Advanced to Citizen swap? Or my huge 42 chip array?

I have only really seen the Cree 42 one. I'll be running around the 50ma also so I'm asking about Crees running 50ma. What can I compare those to? What can I compare one to at 50ma?

Maybe at 75ma and 1 amp also if You got the data.

Got lumens? Lux? Same figures at different distances?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Like if u could set up one Cree led at a certain distance at 50mA and measure lux at each corner and center. Then try at 75mA and 1A.

Is that asking too much.

I want to compare it to my 25 watt t5HO 2" for a real life comparison for figuring money.

From a first guess i would say this thing pulls what the driver says, 75W. Sounds like wired parallel. Maybe some 5W diodes driven at a soft 2W. They could grow some herb :) a LED street light, over here still HPS hanging around everywhere lol

Could use your streetlight right now. :) i think you could probably grabbed some expensive led mate. I mean its payed by the community/City, and has to be safe and durable some kind. Maybe you have some osram in there.

I would love to the some detailed pics of the inside.

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNuggets DIY For Noobs - Build Lights - CO2 Supplements - Auto-Watering - More

Ok the company that makes it is called VisionIre and it's considered to be a wall sconces says 75watt 4000k 12,000 Lumens with a lens that's 120 degrees!!!! I look up the part number and it's a total custom made to order light they run about $450 from what I see also had a really nice photo eye on it that I took off. Its wired for either 120,277,208 has a multi tap. I have it wired for 120 of course . Let me get it down and take a pic of the driver maybe that will help!!! It's not paid for by the city either it was in like a Stater Bros Parking lot privately owned . It really fell off a wall it looks as if whoever hung it was a moron and use little drywall screws to hold up a 45lb fixture. So when it did fall it cracked the outer case of the light but you can't even tell really!! I've been growing with this light for about 6 months now a dam it works great .

I have only really seen the Cree 42 one. I'll be running around the 50ma also so I'm asking about Crees running 50ma. What can I compare those to? What can I compare one to at 50ma?

Maybe at 75ma and 1 amp also if You got the data.

Got lumens? Lux? Same figures at different distances?

Thanks

I posted par readings on the 42 cob array on here.
50mA? What chip are you running at 50mA? Not a 3590....

Like if u could set up one Cree led at a certain distance at 50mA and measure lux at each corner and center. Then try at 75mA and 1A.

Is that asking too much.

I want to compare it to my 25 watt t5HO 2" for a real life comparison for figuring money.

That wont compare anything....the only way to compare is power (watts) not current (mA).
Hell a Led that runs at 1000mA and 5 volts is 5 watts of power.

While another led thats running 300v at 5mA is burning 15 watts. Get my drift? Comparing milliamps won't tell you absolutely anything.

Ok the company that makes it is called VisionIre and it's considered to be a wall sconces says 75watt 4000k 12,000 Lumens with a lens that's 120 degrees!!!! I look up the part number and it's a total custom made to order light they run about $450 from what I see also had a really nice photo eye on it that I took off. Its wired for either 120,277,208 has a multi tap. I have it wired for 120 of course . Let me get it down and take a pic of the driver maybe that will help!!! It's not paid for by the city either it was in like a Stater Bros Parking lot privately owned . It really fell off a wall it looks as if whoever hung it was a moron and use little drywall screws to hold up a 45lb fixture. So when it did fall it cracked the outer case of the light but you can't even tell really!! I've been growing with this light for about 6 months now a dam it works great .

Ok ok, so 75w and 12,000 lm. That makes it equivalent to about 1 cxb3590. Very cool find!

That wont compare anything....the only way to compare is power (watts) not current (mA).
Hell a Led that runs at 1000mA and 5 volts is 5 watts of power.

While another led thats running 300v at 5mA is burning 15 watts. Get my drift? Comparing milliamps won't tell you absolutely anything.

Your not buying cobs that have specific fixed input voltage?

Your not buying cobs that have specific fixed input voltage?

Input voltage always varies depending on the current you push through any cob. The only way to compare two light sources is by total power they are using wich is Watts. Milliamps will tell you absolutely zip. Voltage is what pushes current with any device not just cobs.

Ok ok, so 75w and 12,000 lm. That makes it equivalent to about 1 cxb3590. Very cool find!

So should I take the driver and scrap the big giant light and buy a CXb3590 and power that up with the driver? I just want to be able to use the parts but the light itself is huge and heavy it makes more sense to use what I can and scrap the rest of it. Currently I'm using it to grow with and it works better then any light I have ever use it about 36" away from the canopy top and kicking ass!! But it takes up so much room in my closet

So should I take the driver and scrap the big giant light and buy a CXb3590 and power that up with the driver? I just want to be able to use the parts but the light itself is huge and heavy it makes more sense to use what I can and scrap the rest of it. Currently I'm using it to grow with and it works better then any light I have ever use it about 36" away from the canopy top and kicking ass!! But it takes up so much room in my closet

You could use a number of different cobs. What is the output voltage of the driver? Does it give an output voltage range?

i didn't mean 50mA i meant 500 sorry.

also what i was trying to compare got misunderstood also.

im trying to compare those cob led at a fixed voltage but variable amperage under your set up using your heatsink etc.

the cree3590 cobs are either a 36v or 72v dc input right?

i didn't mean 50mA i meant 500 sorry.

also what i was trying to compare got misunderstood also.

im trying to compare those cob led at a fixed voltage but variable amperage under your set up using your heatsink etc.

the cree3590 cobs are either a 36v or 72v dc input right?
They are 36v at 2100 ma. They will be nowhere near 36v at 500ma. Again, voltage pushes current. More voltage equals more current (ma). Less voltage pushes less current (ma).
What exactly are you trying to do so we can stop the circle and I can tell you what you need to do for a particular comparison?

Back
Top Bottom