Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

One last part of the build for now....Also. if you notice in this first picture the 3 smaller sinks are pushed close together towards the center. I want my COBS as far apart as I can get them so in the second picture you can see I relocated the 2 outside heatsinks out towards the edges so the outside COBS are more centered under those sinks.
420-magazine-mobile391547258.jpg
420-magazine-mobile875131783.jpg

I'm thinking since I've never done an all out grams per watt grow I may as well do it. My 25 chip 4.5x4' room will be free here in about 3-6 days.
I would like to get you all's input on this. I could do a grams per watt autoflower grow? Obviously less at the end but could be surprising at the same time. It would be 7 or 8 auto's. Or the 2nd option is a photo grow. It would be 3 or maybe 4 plants at the very most.

I'm thinking I would turn the juice down to about 500W and see what we can get for a grow. If we do auto's I can top and train them but time is limited. Photo's I can do anything and veg for a while. What do you guys think? I have plenty of seeds on hand so I can go either route. I want to get seeds wet as early as tonight.

Ive never seen a grams per watt autoflower grow so that's fun but at the same time I haven't done an all out grams per watt with my setup with photos either.

Alright. Let's do 4 photo's. I've looked through my seeds and I'm gonna do 2 strains I havent done before.
2x Strain Hunters "Money Maker" and 2x Heavyweight "Dream Machine"
Im gonna go get a journal started. I'll have a link to it in my Signature soon.

Sweet that was quick! I like the strain choices, I am guessing but.... Fem seeds?
Yep, with winter here I dont have the room to veg 8 plants out for a month or more to keep at least 4 females.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

hey buddy, i dont have enough street cred to PM you back yet, lol. so here is my response, lol.

hey buddy, I never really covered it on video because it doesnt function flawlessly, but essentially it is a harbor freight truck winch and some home depot pulleys. but the guys doing light lifters successfully are using Gator garage storage winches. ill dig around and see if I can find you a link.

Thanks man. I was thinking of fabricating something with a small winch like that. Ok, cool. Ill look into some garage door options as well. I was thinking about a few 12v worm screw drive motors and lead screws but I havent really put pencil to paper on that yet. A link would be cool man. Thx

Fanleaf's Huge 42 Cree CXB3590 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

I just ordered the meat chips and some bxrc C-73-SE's. The SE is a 17165 Lm at 1.71A (test) 68.1v chip.
Digikey will get back to me about the Meat chip. It's a non stock item. Hopefully they'll take my order and not force me to buy 50.
Wish me luck.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I just ordered the meat chips and some bxrc C-73-SE's. The SE is a 17165 Lm at 1.71A (test) 68.1v chip.
Digikey will get back to me about the Meat chip. It's a non stock item. Hopefully they'll take my order and not force me to buy 50.
Wish me luck.

Damn dude. Test at 115W lol. Still a respectable 149 lm/w though

Fanleaf, for clarification I don't know that growmau5 was talking about garage doors, I think he was talking about lifters for garage storage items.

Yeah, I know. I was on my phone and trying to cut the texting short while riding in a passenger seat on a bumpy road lol. I don't know how or why I put "door" in there. I was eyeballing some of the garage storage lifts last night.

I'll drive them at 1400mA. Don't think a sst133 will handle anymore heat than that and the sst150's are nowhere to be found.

The ICEled Ultras will from cutter. $22 each. Hehe, 1400 is still a butt load of power. 0.700 or 1050 at most lol

The ICEled Ultras will from cutter. $22 each. Hehe, 1400 is still a butt load of power. 0.700 or 1050 at most lol

It's says it's rated at 85°C at 1.7A and Timber runs the exact same setup on their 4 cob Vero rig. Only way to find out is to test it. NGL gets a shipment of Vero tapped SST 133's tomorrow. I've got 3 here. If they won't handle the heat I'll get some CXB tapped sst140's from Jamie and tap them for Vero.

Back
Top Bottom