Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Man, the 1212,cxm and 1818 are tiny lil things.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App
As far as i can tell my plants dont care for size, they just want to get penetrated. Giggedy giggedy

They really like the lights, never had so happy plants...they just needed their time recovering from crappy light, stress from my abuses and wait for me to find the sweet spot.

As far as i can tell my plants dont care for size, they just want to get penetrated. Giggedy giggedy

They really like the lights, never had so happy plants...they just needed their time recovering from crappy light, stress from my abuses and wait for me to find the sweet spot.

Now that was a good one.

Only 2 more test chips to mount. Still have to do the 3590 in 4000k and the citi 1825 in 4000k. I also have nice mounts for those 2 veros. They will be here tomorrow.
420-magazine-mobile1899412140.jpg

Haha. They told me :)

Nice Fanleaf. I hope you have mounted them with the same thermal pads and torque lol.

How much one of those picos cost you? I had serious troubles even sourcing them. I think if i ever build a light for my personal use again i will use some 50V 29.7 and these nice adapters, too. Not saying i dont love the 1212's, but the soldering on the COBs is just not my favourite part when building a light. Or are you using a solderless holder for them too? I need to find a cheap solderless solution for the 48x1212 rig. I would die soldering all that crap together, it going to be active as it seems, so this would mean at 4x48 soldering spots. Baaaah... Nooooo...seeing my brain shrink from all that fumes already

You dont solder at all? Just clip everything together?
Yep. All solderless chip holders so just cut the wires to length and they push in place. The onlything that gets solder are the dimmer pots.

Well, after testing the 7 chips Ill probably "off" 4-5 of them lol. I really only grabbed them for testing. I may keep the citi 1825 for 1 reason. I want to drive that effer at 350w once just to see it lmao.

Well, after testing the 7 chips Ill probably "off" 4-5 of them lol. I really only grabbed them for testing. I may keep the citi 1825 for 1 reason. I want to drive that effer at 350w once just to see it lmao.

Off? You want my adress? Or do you mean you popped them during a 'high performance test' lol

Be able to tell more after testing all of them. Im pretty confident I know what order the chips will perform but the test will tell. My guess is in this order: cxb3590, citi 1825, citi 1818, vero 29 36v version, vero 29 50v version, cxm22, citi 1212. Thats my efficiency and par guess.

I'll take the 3590's! Lol
I can't wait to see the results of your tests. Then I'll build my from scratch setup.
For now I hope the cxm22's will make a big difference over what I've got now!

Sent from my SM-G530T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom