Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

I wanted to elaborate on this one more time and give another great example on what I'm talking about Jimmy.

Let's say we have 2 grow rooms, each running 6 cobs. Each running 324 Watts ok? 1 Room is running series (low amperage higher voltage) and the other is running all parallel (higher amperage and low voltage. They are both running the same wire too ok?

Here we go.

Room 1
6 3590's in series at 324 Watts.
216Volts at 1.5 amps=324W
Wire size 20awg. All wire length =10 feet.
Heres what the whole circuit does.

seies.JPG

As you can see we only lose 0.14% of our voltage. So 215.7 of our 216 volts reach the chips!!!

Now, heres the second room running in parallel. The wires are only carrying 36V at 9 amps now. 36v X 9 amps = 324 Watts. Lets see how much power our wires are causing us to lose.

parallel1.JPG

As you can see, our driver is putting out 36v just the way it should but now our chips at the end of the wire only get 34.17V!
Room 1 has a loss of 0.3V which is 0.14% and room 2 is losing 1.83 volts or 5%.

So same size wire to same size wire the chips in room to are only running at 307.53 Watts even though the driver is pushing 324W.

Room 1 is running 323.55W and the driver is pushing 324W

Now, what size wire would we need to run in room 2 to make it as good as room 1?? Not 20, not 18, not 16, not 14 but 12 gauge!

12 gauge!!!
12 Would get us back to 35.7V per chip.

12awg.JPG

So essentially I'd have to run Romex 12/2?
Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Fanleaf, in your research have you ever looked into Fluence BioEnginnering lights? I find it curious that they never specify which LEDs they are using in their arrays.
Fluence Bioengineering Achieves Breakthrough in Horticulture Lighting Efficacy According to University Studies - Fluence Bioengineering
The claims just dont add up. It uses over 500w from the wall and replaces a 1000w double ended hps but its coverage area for 1000 umol/s is only 2 feet by 4 feet lol. You have to buy 2 i n a pair at $900 each for $1800 for 4x4 coverage! Thats over 1000w from the wall in a 4x4...hps does better.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Fanleaf , What do you think about the 400 w Vero 29 V7 linear frame work for a 2x4 area and I assume you would recommend 3000k for these also .:thumb::thanks:By Timber

Hey Fanleaf , What do you think about the 400 w Vero 29 V7 linear frame work for a 2x4 area and I assume you would recommend 3000k for these also .:thumb::thanks:By Timber
If you are going to veg and flower I would recommend 4000k 1st or 3500k 2nd . For veros if flower only 3000k 1st or 3500 2nd. Do you have a link?

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Fanleafs Huge 42 Cree CXB3590 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

I'm on the fence about whether I will use the cob set up for just flowering or for veg and flower. How would plants veg under the 3500k?

First grow: Skoondawg's Soil - South African Bag Seed - HPS & CFL SCROG Cabinet 2016/17

Here's the colour chart for the Bridgelux Vero 29 Gen 7 chips. From the BXRC-35E10K0-D-73 series web page.
You can see the 3000k has very little blue and would be somewhat limited to veg. Though not shown the 3500 and 4000 are very similar. I use the 4000k as an all Purpose chip.
420-magazine-mobile295975357.jpg

Ok guys, time for a 3rd cob project. In my grow room I built from scratch last year in my basement I made a small side closet for a future small cabinet type grow area off one of the side walls of the room. Heres a pic of the baby room. Big enough to start a bunch of seedlings or grow 1 autoflower in there. It's 23 inches deep by 17 inches wide and about 40 inches tall.
0701161953.jpg
That little area there I am building a light proof sealed door for with built in light proof ventilation control 100% air intake and exhaust from the main grow area. I wanted it that way because with the environment controlled in the larger room via heat, air cond and humidifier I will be able to use the same environmental conditions from the main room by bringing in air from the main grow area. Making the light proof intake and exhaust vents into the small door was fun yet challenging. I'll update some pics of the door and fan I built for that..It's pretty sweet.

Anyways, I'm building a small Cree 3590 3 chip array for it. These will be active cooling sinks so I can mount everything up as high on the ceiling as I can to make all the height room I can for taller plants.

I'm doing 2x 2700k 12,000 lumen chips in CB bin and 1 5000k 18,000 lumen chip in DB bin.
It will be on 2 separate drivers to give me ultimate control of veg/flower color temp.

For those who do cabinet grows or micro grows this will be a very cool project.

I'll upload more pics of the area and door/vent setup later tonight. Chips and active heatsinks are already on the way.

Ok guys. The following is the side room grow area door and all details. This what we are building the 3 chip array for. First here are some pictures of the door being built.
420-magazine-mobile307673371.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1180370249.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1492722547.jpg

And here is a short video to help give perspective of the project.
<font size="4"><strong>[video=youtube;xfpXfmZnKAE]
[/video]

For the 2 X 2700k chips the driver will be the HLG-120H-C1400B. That will allow up to about 50W per chip or slightly more. They will only be ran at about 30W each so it's plenty.
Working on a good driver match for the single 5000k chip now.

Well, I thought I had the new chips on the way until I got this....
cutter.JPG
So I cancelled the entire order. Now for plan B. When I figure out plan B I'll let you know.

Boooo. That sucks bro.
Coincidently I'm thinking of adding some far red and red LEDs to the rave on a separate circuit. How do you feel about the Cree XPE?

Coincidently I'm thinking of adding some far red and red LEDs to the rave on a separate circuit. How do you feel about the Cree XPE?

Dont really know much about them man. I was about ready to order some of them though. I've been eyeballing them for a week now.
Guess what just came in? 1 sec I'll put up a pic

Back
Top Bottom