Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Talk about loving life under the 3590's. This White Widdow X Big Bud is full of 12, yes 12 blade fan leaves. Lots of 11's too. I realize genetics play a part but having 12 blades has to be a sign shes loving life.
420-magazine-mobile899049516.jpg

Sent from my android from outer space!

Hey guys. I don't want to hijack. But I'm working on my xml2 build. And I want to know what you boys thing would be a better layout for my lights. Your looking at 21 1/2'' outside to outside of the heat sinks what do you think would be a better layout. 1 or 2?
420-magazine-mobile231128516.jpg
420-magazine-mobile918976429.jpg

Dirt Man Dan

December 23rd! Incredible Bulk
As shown a few pages back.

420-magazine-mobile582437889.jpg

Same plant 12 days later in the 5 gallon pot.
420-magazine-mobile2121662896.jpg

Crazy growth under my 25 cree array.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

December 23rd! Incredible Bulk
As shown a few pages back.

420-magazine-mobile582437889.jpg

Same plant 12 days later in the 5 gallon pot.
420-magazine-mobile2121662896.jpg

Crazy growth under my 25 cree array.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Yea you can say that. The Cree COBS really put out a good spectrum. And tons of photons. Your plants are just soaking it up like a sponge.

Dirt Man Dan

I am really impressed when i see with my own eyes what good white COBs can do. I started growing with Blurple LEDs and have grown really nice and clean medicinal buds with them, but the Switch to Vero29.7 is really impressive. i just added the first CLU0481212 Gen5 to them. I guess these Citicen will just perform as good as the Veros.

Has anybody a Spectrum Comparison of the Big Chips from bridgelux, citizen, cree? Or give me some Tipps where to get more info? Data sheets?

I believe they can handle 10w. But the kit I bought only drives them at 5w.

Dirt Man Dan

Just remember. Like all of the Chinese lights go man. When testing with a par meter the huge concentration of the light will always have a really hot bright spot in the very center. I always try to put my lights slightly closer together towards the outside. The farther I get toward the outside the closer the lights get. The center will always have plenty because it's in the middle.

I am really impressed when i see with my own eyes what good white COBs can do. I started growing with Blurple LEDs and have grown really nice and clean medicinal buds with them, but the Switch to Vero29.7 is really impressive. i just added the first CLU0481212 Gen5 to them. I guess these Citicen will just perform as good as the Veros.

Has anybody a Spectrum Comparison of the Big Chips from bridgelux, citizen, cree? Or give me some Tipps where to get more info? Data sheets?

I sure don't have those charts. I grew with the way expensive brand blurple LED's very well for quite a while. The brand name started with a "P" if that tells any of you. I had thousands of $$ worth of their lights. Even them simply don't compare to the cobs. I do still have a few of them and may have to use one of my small ones here soon to start some 42 year old seeds I found.

Hey Fanleaf- I believe having more than 60 CXB3590 in your rooms makes you the unofficial expert on COB for the entire 420mag community. Let me please ask you this: Do you think 5 CXB3590 3500K in a 2x4x7 tent could sufficiently provide lighting for 2 plants (from regular seeds) from veg to flowering? :Namaste:

Hey Fanleaf- I believe having more than 60 CXB3590 in your rooms make you the unofficial expert on COB for the entire 420mag community. Let me please ask you this: Do you think 5 CXB3590 3500K in a 2x4x7 tent could sufficiently provide lighting for 2 plants (from regular seeds) from veg to flowering? :Namaste:

Nah, no expert here but I do know what works for me:thumb:.

Do I think it can sufficiently do the job? Yep, sure do. It needs some special attention paid to the drivers though. You could power all 5 with a 320H-1750 driver. It would be about 63W each chip. That will give you about 315W to your room. At about 40 watts per square foot you will need to run them at the 63W during flower for sure. 63 is no problem for them as long as you have proper heat sinking.

That mentioned above will be just that...."sufficient" for some real nice grows. Chip placement will also be important for you. I can see what I would do in my head lol.

Could you do a little better for just a bit more $$? yep, 6 chips would be awesome but you would want 2 of the 240 drivers for that idea. 3 on each driver. Then it would be 0-80W per chip. That would allow you to run anywhere from 0-480 true watts. So you would be capable for 0-63 watts per square foot! Little overkill but then the option is there lol.

Let me know if that adds any questions or if that helps some.:welcome:

Nah, no expert here but I do know what works for me:thumb:.

Do I think it can sufficiently do the job? Yep, sure do. It needs some special attention paid to the drivers though. You could power all 5 with a 320H-1750 driver. It would be about 63W each chip. That will give you about 315W to your room. At about 40 watts per square foot you will need to run them at the 63W during flower for sure. 63 is no problem for them as long as you have proper heat sinking.

That mentioned above will be just that...."sufficient" for some real nice grows. Chip placement will also be important for you. I can see what I would do in my head lol.

Could you do a little better for just a bit more $$? yep, 6 chips would be awesome but you would want 2 of the 240 drivers for that idea. 3 on each driver. Then it would be 0-80W per chip. That would allow you to run anywhere from 0-480 true watts. So you would be capable for 0-63 watts per square foot! Little overkill but then the option is there lol.

Let me know if that adds any questions or if that helps some.:welcome:

Thanks for your quick reply. I knew I should have gotten the 6th COB haha. I got the 240-1400 driver, thinking 250W could do it. I was afraid to not be able to fit 6 COB inside the 2x4 tent.

Thanks for your quick reply. I knew I should have gotten the 6th COB haha. I got the 240-1400 driver, thinking 250W could do it. I was afraid to not be able to fit 6 COB inside the 2x4 tent.

Ouch on the driver! I think at 30wpsf your on the low end. That will work very very well but only when the chips are at least 1 per every square foot. You really needed the 320-1750 for the 5. You will grow fine plants I'm sure but they could do much better. 6 is no problem in a 2X4....If it was mine it would have 8 in there and 2 of the 240-1400 drivers :)

I have 5 cobs in 3x3 plenty of light you can see mine on my journal

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

3X3 vs 2X4 is a whole different ballgame. Have you par tested your 3X3 around the sides? I think you would be surprised. Nice setup thought!

Ouch on the driver! I think at 30wpsf your on the low end. That will work very very well but only when the chips are at least 1 per every square foot. You really needed the 320-1750 for the 5. You will grow fine plants I'm sure but they could do much better. 6 is no problem in a 2X4....If it was mine it would have 8 in there and 2 of the 240-1400 drivers :)

I am going to order 3 more COB and an additional driver 240, so I can run them at 60W each. I currently have 5 of the 3500K, do you think I should get 1x3000K and 2x5000K (so I can alternate 4x3500 + 2x5000k on veg and 5x3500k +1 3000k during flowering, does it make sense?) or should I simply keep my setup with 8x3500K? Thanks for your advise.

Back
Top Bottom