Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Maybe i buy some cobs later, for now i'll use the tiny diodes and see what they do. On the Mars 2 where they are coming from i had a pretty fast flower development with them after The flip.

What UV bulbs u were using? I thought about one 25W of 10.0 UVB on each side. Would be the third digital timer in my setup.

For the sunrise feature, yeah, thats a cool thing. I told a friend who wants me to build him a massive COB light about a week ago and he wants that feature for shure. The electricity Provider wont be nearly as suspicious about whats Happening compared to the 0 to 1800W in a second every day. On 18 hours of light it would be like 2 hours of 20%, 4 hours 50%, 6 hours 90% with 1 hour of UV in the middle, 4 hours 50%, 2 hours 20%, main light off, Far Red 15 minutes.

But thats gonna change i guess. Just one way that sounds good for the plants and the bill at the end of the year. I like that we seem to have similar ideas for lighting.

Anyways, besides the new lights i will definatelly use glacier rock dust and mycorrhizae this time for massive roots and stalks

Maybe i buy some cobs later, for now i'll use the tiny diodes and see what they do. On the Mars 2 where they are coming from i had a pretty fast flower development with them after The flip.

What UV bulbs u were using? I thought about one 25W of 10.0 UVB on each side. Would be the third digital timer in my setup.

For the sunrise feature, yeah, thats a cool thing. I told a friend who wants me to build him a massive COB light about a week ago and he wants that feature for shure. The electricity Provider wont be nearly as suspicious about whats Happening compared to the 0 to 1800W in a second every day. On 18 hours of light it would be like 2 hours of 20%, 4 hours 50%, 6 hours 90% with 1 hour of UV in the middle, 4 hours 50%, 2 hours 20%, main light off, Far Red 15 minutes.

But thats gonna change i guess. Just one way that sounds good for the plants and the bill at the emd of the year
420-magazine-mobile1467656826.jpg
420-magazine-mobile622964326.jpg

Those are 75% UVB. I have pictures of my face burned somewhere. I had them on for an hour at a time and it stressed and burnt my tops. I had to cut it way back and quick! Those are way more UVB than the 10.0's and thats nice because you can keep them further away from the plants and get way more coverage with them. 1 of them is plenty for that whole room in the picture. Those are the na n o reflectors as well. Awesome because they are so small they dont get in the way.

Sent from my android from outer space!

I should grab one of these. I have almost 90cm in the back of my cabin where i could place it high to shine on the 6 plants i try to fit in there. For now it seems like every single of the 6 Atomical Haze and 5 Nebula Clones made it.... This will be a hard time selecting which are going to die :/

What are you thinking about mycorrhizae and glacier rock dust for thick stems and concrete rootballs?

My guess is a decent distance above canopy is about 3' or 1 meter up. At that distance maybe 3x 15 minute shots a day should do. I couldnt believe they could do what they do until I seen it....And felt it lol

Yes, srains like hindu kush were always the highest thc content because they were near the equator and high elevation so they got more uvb. The plants produce more resin/thc to act as sun screen from it. Only needed the last few weeks.
Lots of documentation and youtube vids on it as well. Pretty interesting stuff.

Hello everyone.
Getting very close to the start of my next project. Building a 42 cob cxb3590 superpanel. Going in a Mars Hydro 8X8 tent and lighting 6X8' of the tent. Yup, just about 1 cob per square foot of lighting area.
This will be pushed by 6 Meanwell HLG-320H-C1400B drivers.
The light will consist of 12 CXB 3590's in 5000k and 30 CXB3590's in 3000k.

All dimmable from 0 watts to 1950 watts from the wall and the 5k and 3k being independently dimmable so in veg I can run higher blue and in flower I can run higher red and anywhere in between. This big light when finished will, at medium drive be capable of 60%+ efficient.

Waiting on my cob chips and more heatsinks to come in and Ill start building the aluminum frame. Im not sure on my frame design yet but it will either be 2 piece or 4 piece.

420-magazine-mobile387845202.jpg
420-magazine-mobile658821920.jpg
420-magazine-mobile605140363.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1574910114.jpg

Each row of COBs will be dimmable and each row will have its own wattage meter built into the system.

Lets have fun.

Subbed!

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah, well, uhm, if i need to go up high like this i grab some 10.0 and go down low with them. It seemed to be a pain in the ass finding a decent light like in your picture. The 10.0 in 25W are 15 Bucks and have good ratings from reptile lovers. Youbknow the differences in 5.0 an 10.0?some guys are combining them. You know what UVC does? Have you ever tested one of your crops?

Yes, srains like hindu kush were always the highest thc content because they were near the equator and high elevation so they got more uvb. The plants produce more resin/thc to act as sun screen from it. Only needed the last few weeks.
Lots of documentation and youtube vids on it as well. Pretty interesting stuff.

I have heard and read about this but never had the chance to try myself. I've also heard about doing an 11/13 light schedule bring out more phenotypic all expressions.

Dirt Man Dan

Yeah, well, uhm, if i need to go up high like this i grab some 10.0 and go down low with them. It seemed to be a pain in the ass finding a decent light like in your picture. The 10.0 in 25W are 15 Bucks and have good ratings from reptile lovers. Youbknow the differences in 5.0 an 10.0?some guys are combining them. You know what UVC does? Have you ever tested one of your crops?
I havent tested any uvc lol. Damn....pretty soon we will be hitting them with gamma rays. . .

I have heard and read about this but never had the chance to try myself. I've also heard about doing an 11/13 light schedule bring out more phenotypic all expressions.

Dirt Man Dan
Thats interesting. Ill have to do some reading on that..

Hey fanleaf. Great build.

Where did you get the voltage display

That is the one thing I wish I had.

Thanks!
Pm'ed.
Thanks man. Yes, having the meters are very nice and a step worth doing.

Anyone wanna follow a cree cxb 3590 42 cob superpanel build?

Dirt Man Dan

I've been doing a 11/13, seems to be going pretty well

Finished that whole thread, lots of wealth of information. Thanks Fanleaf for documenting this project. All you need now is the hurricane X PWM to simulate sunset and sunrise :good job:
HurricaneX LED Controller

I heard growmau5 and greengenes talking about that on the grow tube, pretty cool idea, plus it masks the spike in power

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom